Work in Progress

French line fusiliers

Posted by FISH on 10 Dec 2013, 00:01

I picked up some more metal castings from All The Kings Men, this time I picked up the french line fulsiliers set to check them out and started to paint them and decided to get a few more and some extra heads for conversions.
The set has half the figures in greatcoats and the other half without but a couple of the figures had the grenadier epalates on the shoulders and the extra cross strap for the grenadier sword.
I just painted them up as fulsiliers anyway because they came with the pom pom shakos.

I decided to use the Hat set in greatcoats to make up a few more with the extra heads I ordered.
I cut off the shoulder epalates but the extra cross strap and swords stayed because I want to do up a bunch of these and that would have been a lot of work.
I,m also going to give converting the wurtemberg hat figures a try as conversions into french line.
A bit of 2 part putty to cover and rework the front of the uniform and I did cut off the swords on these guys as it was less work then the greatcoat figures.

Here are some pics of the figures all still in the ruff stages. I,m getting close to having the first batch of metal castings painted up.
FISH  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 10 Dec 2013, 00:29

This is mass production! :-)
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Dec 2013, 07:54

Now this is thinking on your feet,Fish. Saving lots of Money by buying Hat! The ones you`ve painted seem to have such a pleasent smile.I gess it`s the way you do the eyes.Nice work on your mass production line,and your painting style too! Great stuff!
Beano Boy  England

Posted by FISH on 15 Dec 2013, 18:16

First batch finished other then a few touch ups I noticed that I need to do.

Posted by 9thHussar on 15 Dec 2013, 18:29

hi Fish - nice figures -

Regards
Dave
9thHussar  England

Posted by Peter on 17 Dec 2013, 19:02

Great painted figures! Love them! :love: :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by FISH on 08 Jan 2014, 02:17

Just finished up a few more of the conversions I was working on.
I still have a bunch more to finish though.

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Jan 2014, 03:11

I especially admire the way you paint the faces. Each one has thier a happy personality, that I like very much. I realise you`ve converted them all into French Troops,however I don`t think the French ever had that strap going across their chest,like the British troops did ,who suffered greatly by having it,because it restricted their breathing especially on forced marches or in heatwave conditions. However they are all Great Little Models,Well Done .
Beano Boy  England

Posted by FISH on 08 Jan 2014, 04:04

Ya I know! The Fusiliers also only had one strap across the chest also but It would have been to much work to resculpt that much detail on all the figures that I,m converting.
I did remove the swords from that strap though! at least on the figures without greatcoats anyway. A did quick drinking gourd sculpts where the swords were.

The supply depot kinda set this crew up a bit funky that week and the first 100 lucky fusiliers even got swords that week! :-)

Posted by FISH on 11 Jan 2014, 06:22

Still chopping and painting! I still have about another 40 or more still on the paint table also.
Here are a few more. I also mixed in a couple of the Britains fusiliers, the army is slowly growing.

Return to Work in Progress