Work in Progress

Carabiniers

Posted by FISH on 03 Dec 2013, 04:09

Here are a few pics of my currant project! They are 1/32 scale metal castings of French Carabiniers.
They are sold with cheap copies of old plastic Britains horses which I did not like so I used TSSD and Italeri horses but the figures have the saddles molded onto them so I had to cut off all the saddles on the horses to get the new figures to sit onto the horses.

Here are a couple of shots of the figure kits! The arms and heads and also the sword shields and carbines are loose in the kits and have to be glued on.
The bedroll on the back of the saddles also have to be glued to the saddles, These kits are also sold with Cuirassier heads so the bedrolls are loose so the kits can be used for both types of cavalry figures.

I converted one of the figures into a flag bearer, I used a metal hand from another figure and drilled it out and added a metal rod for the pole and cut up a metal soda can for the flag! I also bought an eagle from the seller for the top of the standard and glued that to the top of the pole.

Other then a spare head without helmet that I purchased from the seller that was really all I did for conversions. The spare head did not have a mustache so I gave him one from 2 part putty.
I glued the arms and heads onto the 2 dozen figures I bought in various positions so there is a lot of various poses.

Here are the first 4 figures that I have completed! Only 20 more to go!!! :roll:

FISH  United States of America

Posted by Kekso on 03 Dec 2013, 13:12

How many figures do you have in total?
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Dec 2013, 19:07

Great work on these 1/32 scale French Heavy Cavalry, FISH.Have you ever thought to do some 28mm scale figures? The reason I ask is there are some great horse poses,which would mean a lot less hard work for you. I realise you prefure metal figures,and there are also tons of metal 28mm scale model`s,and the plastic ones in the same range figures mix very well with each other.Anyway ,your work is always a real treet to the eye`s,and I look forward to see this lot all painted up.
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 03 Dec 2013, 20:36

Thanks for showing how you make this figures! And the first four look awesome! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by FISH on 03 Dec 2013, 21:48

Kekso wrote:How many figures do you have in total?

?????????? I have no idea??????????????? A lot I would guess! :roll:
I have a lot of unpainted plastic figures that I,m sure I,ll never get around to painting. I still have old plastic figures that belonged to my father when he was a kid that he saved for me, mostly all old Marx plastic stuff. A lot was lost over the years but I still have a good amount from when I was a kid and I have bought a lot more since I started collecting again back around 2004ish???
Then I got into painted metal figures for awhile until I bought my own home and had to pay a mortgage! And then the price of metal figures went through the roof and sent me back into plastic figures.
My metal collection is just about all Napoleonics but my plastic collection has all kinds of figures and eras but I mostly focus on painting and converting the Napoleonic plastic stuff, that,s my era of interest if you had not noticed.

Numbers wise??? I have hundreds of painted metal figures??? And into the thousands???? I,m guessing in the plastic figures.

Posted by FISH on 03 Dec 2013, 22:03

Beano Boy wrote:Great work on these 1/32 scale French Heavy Cavalry, FISH.Have you ever thought to do some 28mm scale figures? The reason I ask is there are some great horse poses,which would mean a lot less hard work for you. I realise you prefure metal figures,and there are also tons of metal 28mm scale model`s,and the plastic ones in the same range figures mix very well with each other.Anyway ,your work is always a real treet to the eye`s,and I look forward to see this lot all painted up.

Thanks Guys! Thanks Benno Boy!
I have not gotten into 28mm but I do have a few sets of 1/72 scale kicking around and toyed with the idea of painting them up for a larger scale battle scene. I don,t know how you guys can paint up so many of those little tiny guys and paint detail that small???
I,m very jealous of whats available in both those scales when compared to whats available in 1/32 scale plastic and metal kits!!!
I have thought about getting into 1/28 because of whats available and the fact that they are a bit bigger then 1/72 and they would be easier to paint and convert but that would be like starting collecting all over again and I can,t afford to start over again in a new scale at this point.
I still wouldn,t mind picking up some of those nice looking 1/28 sets and toying around with a few though! There are some nice looking sets in that scale! And like I said I,m jealous!!! :mrgreen:

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by 9thHussar on 03 Dec 2013, 22:39

nice work again Fish
Dave
9thHussar  England

Posted by Bramble15 on 03 Dec 2013, 23:49

After seeing most, if not all of your posts here I can say that I am a big fan of your style. Not just your painting style, but conversions, creativity and display as well. If I could make one suggestion or better yet a request, I really think some of your smaller efforts like this one (I only say small because currently there are only 4 completed!) would benefit from some brighter photos. Either extra light or natural sunlight. Please know no offense is meant its just a thought that came to mind!

BTW - the above request comes from someone who is just about as photography challenged as could be imagined :oops:
Bramble15  United States of America

Posted by Andrea on 08 Mar 2014, 10:12

WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: It' s great!
Andrea
Andrea  Italy

Posted by KenzoSato on 10 Mar 2014, 22:50

Great , very good
KenzoSato  Italy

Return to Work in Progress