Work in Progress

Prince August's Native Americans

Posted by Susofrick on 25 Sep 2013, 08:17

Found these fellows in the cellar recently. They were casted and partly painted about 40 years ago and now I intend to finish them. Still have the moulds and everything I need to cast new copies except time, so these will have to do. :-D And there is some hope that I will do better job painting them now than as a nine-year old. :-D

In the background are som of Valdemar's medieval figures so you can see there is a little difference in size.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by armpcm on 25 Sep 2013, 08:56

Nice rescue :-) keep us update on the developments.
armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Peter on 25 Sep 2013, 11:18

Always good to see some oldies :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 25 Sep 2013, 20:45

Antique, Rubber Moulds and figure`s of yesturyear very nice. These could be worth a Bob or Two ( Old British Silver Coin. A Bob, be`ing 1 Shilling = 5 pence in new coinage ) Hope you have fun painting them after all that time.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 03 Oct 2013, 09:47

Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, still have those rubber moulds. :-D Have done some work on them. Well, at least changed the colours. :-D There is a lot more to do, but I think I will finish them some time.

Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Oct 2013, 10:39

There are some questions about what size these are (they are 40mm) so I made two photos where I compare them with other figures. First I put them up with Beorn from Prince August's Mithril-range (32mm, but Beorn is quite big), Bilbo from the board game "The Hobbit" (strange size, strange hobbit all over), Viittiko from Hat's Celtic command and an orc from Prince August's Fantasy Armies (28mm).

Then I realized (thanks Peter) that it would be good to compare them with something bigger so I went down to the cellar and Got one of Airfix' US Cavalry (1/32) and it looks like he's being attacked by children. Which is something that happened but the other way around.

And in the time between the photos I painted a little more on them. :-D Should be finished before Christmas or something like that. :-D (No year stated, though). ;-)
Susofrick  Sweden

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Work in Progress