Gallery

Storme Coffee - King Boudewijn 1 of Belgium

Posted by Peter on 10 Jun 2024, 22:22

Storme coffee figure, King Boudewijn 1 from Belgium. Base was broken so that was a good reason to paint this figure. Size is 54 mm.

Image

Image

Image

Some more pictures here: https://peterscave.blogspot.com/2024/06 ... ijn-i.html

Thanks for watching! :thumbup:
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 22648
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51


Posted by Ochoin on 11 Jun 2024, 10:12

Hi, Peter,
your figure is so life-like. It could be an actual photo of the gentleman.
A promotional gift? Could you please fill in about Storme Coffee?

donald
User avatar
Ochoin  Scotland
 
Posts: 2438
Member since:
16 Jan 2010, 04:00

Posted by Santi Pérez on 12 Jun 2024, 13:33

Peter, you have achieved a very fine portrait of the Belgian king Boudewijn I (Balduino in Spanish and Baldwin in English), whose wife and queen consort was the Spanish aristocrat Fabiola de Mora y Aragón. ;-)

I also have since years ago a metal figure from Andrea Miniatures representing in 54mm the emeritus King of Spain Juan Carlos I. Another of my projects that I hope to be able to paint sometime in the future, although maybe by then I will convert his head to represent the current King Felipe VI. :mrgreen:

Image

(This is a picture from the Andrea Miniatures website, as they also sell the painted figure. Mine is unpainted). :tongue:

Santi.
User avatar
Santi Pérez  Spain
 
Posts: 1971
Member since:
28 Aug 2016, 19:42

Posted by Peter on 16 Jun 2024, 21:57

Ochoin wrote:Hi, Peter,
your figure is so life-like. It could be an actual photo of the gentleman.
A promotional gift? Could you please fill in about Storme Coffee?

donald

Hey Donald thank you! Here is the wiki page of this King of Belgium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudouin_of_Belgium

It was in fact some kind of promotinal gift. When you bought their coffee you could collect stamps and with those you could get the figures. It's hard to find the right information about this collection of historical (Belgian) figures. In France (and maybe in other countries) they had figures from the coffee brand Mokarex. They were in bronze plastic.
Here you can see some more pictures: Storme figures.

Santi Pérez wrote:Peter, you have achieved a very fine portrait of the Belgian king Boudewijn I (Balduino in Spanish and Baldwin in English), whose wife and queen consort was the Spanish aristocrat Fabiola de Mora y Aragón. ;-)

I also have since years ago a metal figure from Andrea Miniatures representing in 54mm the emeritus King of Spain Juan Carlos I. Another of my projects that I hope to be able to paint sometime in the future, although maybe by then I will convert his head to represent the current King Felipe VI. :mrgreen:

Image

(This is a picture from the Andrea Miniatures website, as they also sell the painted figure. Mine is unpainted). :tongue:

Santi.



@Santi: thank you! And you're well informed! :yeah: I hope to see your King painted one day. Why not buying a second one for the conversion? ;-) :thumbup:
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 22648
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51

Posted by Santi Pérez on 19 Jun 2024, 18:04

Peter wrote:...Why not buying a second one for the conversion? ;-) :thumbup:

Not bad idea, Peter. I would consider it if it weren't for the high price of the original figure (plus VAT and shipping costs). :shock:

https://www.andrea-world.com/es/1/catalogo-miniaturas-andrea/115/soldados-de-espana/446/kse-020-sm-el-rey-d-juan-carlos.html

Santi.
User avatar
Santi Pérez  Spain
 
Posts: 1971
Member since:
28 Aug 2016, 19:42

Posted by Rich W on 21 Jun 2024, 10:01

Very nice work and interesting work Peter!
Rich W  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 1281
Member since:
05 Feb 2018, 23:40

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 22 Jun 2024, 23:39

Thank you Rich! :thumbup:

@Santi: that's a high price indeed! :shock: Maybe you must cut that figure in two! ;-)
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 22648
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51

Posted by Santi Pérez on 23 Jun 2024, 17:49

Peter wrote:...@Santi: that's a high price indeed! :shock: Maybe you must cut that figure in two! ;-)

If I knew how to do it, the best thing to do would be to make a mould of the original figure and make a copy of it, but I think it's a challenge beyond my abilities, Peter. :sweatdrop:

Santi.
User avatar
Santi Pérez  Spain
 
Posts: 1971
Member since:
28 Aug 2016, 19:42

Posted by Peter on 02 Jul 2024, 14:58

Santi Pérez wrote:If I knew how to do it, the best thing to do would be to make a mould of the original figure and make a copy of it, but I think it's a challenge beyond my abilities, Peter. :sweatdrop:

Santi.

Maybe someone with a 3D printer can help you. Just a thought, because I don't know if it is possible to make a copy that way. ;-)
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 22648
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51


Return to Gallery