Gallery

Hexagon – The Trailer

Posted by sberry on 09 Jul 2020, 14:29

We already had “HEXAGON – The Making-Of” here, but now the project is coming to an end: The diorama is completed, the photos have been taken, and right now, I am browsing them to select material for a decent gallery. Here is a little gif-teaser to give you a first impression:

If all things go to plan*, “HEXAGON – The Gallery” might be presented here later this month, and perhaps even “HEXAGON – The Movie” before this year ends…

*(But they never do, don't they?)
sberry  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 09 Jul 2020, 23:07

A fantastic trailer, sberry, worthy introduction to the movie to come. :love:

Very well done! :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Germanicus on 10 Jul 2020, 13:13

Wonderful idea, is this cyberpunk or generic sci-fi?
Germanicus  Italy

Posted by sberry on 10 Jul 2020, 17:29

Thank you, guys!
I would say this is generic Sci-Fi. I cannot deny that I'm influnced by Ridley Scott's movies with their wonderful dark & dirty look - Blade Runner, but especially Alien. However, I would label this stuff here just Sci-Fi.
sberry  Germany

Posted by Germanicus on 10 Jul 2020, 22:04

that fluo wire immediately gave me the idea that could be also moved in the stop motion video to create some cool flowing effects
Germanicus  Italy

Posted by sberry on 13 Jul 2020, 08:00

Germanicus wrote:that fluo wire immediately gave me the idea that could be also moved in the stop motion video to create some cool flowing effects

This fluo wire is made from Chinese glass noodles, soaked with a mixture of acrylic paint and PVA glue. I wanted to have structures which remain at least partially translucent after drying. This was more or less successful, although it is quite difficult to get this effect right in the photos.

I hope that expectations about the forthcoming “movie” don’t rise too high. There will be one or two animation effects, but basically it will be an extended slide show based on three static dioramas.
Do you know the “prequel”? – This gives an idea of what to expect.
sberry  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 13 Jul 2020, 17:12

I'm ready:

Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by sberry on 06 Aug 2020, 16:44

It is a good old tradition at Hollywood that you have to endure an endless series of teasers, announcements and trailers before you finally get to see the movie that you are waiting for so eagerly.

Well, here is the next trailer for The Hexagon:

The LED lights I used for illuminaton of the scene can be switched to different colors. Most of these about 20 hues looks rather dull and uinteresting on the photos. But the bright red light gives a nice “red alert” effect, so I played around with this a bit.
Music: “Hunted” from the Album “Revelation” by Miguel Johnson
© 2017 Miguel Johnson / Licensed via Bandcamp.com / CC BY-NC 3.0
sberry  Germany

Posted by santifernandez on 07 Aug 2020, 18:56

Ready to go to the cinema.....
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by MABO on 08 Aug 2020, 08:50

The titles in the beginning are very short. So you have to stop to read them. Imho, only.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 08 Aug 2020, 22:57

I was sure that you were not to disappoint us with the new trailer, sberry. It's simply a wonder. :notworthy:

And I ask myself: if the trailer is so good, how will be the film? Spielberg, Lucas, Scott, Cameron, be careful, in the next edition of the Oscars you are going to have a hard rival in the section of best science fiction film (if this category existed, of course). :winky:

My very best compliments. :-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Return to Gallery