Gallery

1/700th age of sail Brigs

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Sep 2020, 16:08

:sst: knot a tie! said the little button!
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Sep 2020, 01:32

More guns on these Frigates to pop metal upon means my clumsiness dictated that i paint them on the sprues and touch them up later after gluing them all together.

i might leave some in black later,but for now i like the metal look of burning hot guns. Yes the paint soon pealed off them when black powder and shot were let fly.

The painting is certainly quicker to do while holding the sprues as splash time arrives. :coffee: Cheap Thick Lense Specks help out too.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Sep 2020, 06:20

Ongoing Work Upon The First 100 Gun 3rd Rated Ship

:coffee: Welcome to another adventure along Warlord Games Nincompoop Ally

As can already be seen i decided to paint the parts while they were still attached to the sprue.In spite of this,It all went together fine. There are a few painting touch ups to do later.

To avoid snapping the masts,i reamed out each of their housing holes then easily stuck each into place without damage. The yard arms will go on next.

:coffee: There is a large grove for the mast to slid into,but being wide the mast will role easily because it is not a tight fit. :eh: Why? :cowboy: Because there is no fixing hole.
:sst: i wonder what bright spark designer thought that one up? :mrgreen: Incredible numbskull !

:coffee: Weakness identified and reinforced with a slither of plastic cut from the sprue.This gave three more fixing points for the spanker mast to stick to. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous page

Return to Gallery