Gallery

GW 28mm LoTR: Gandalf and his Cart

Posted by SamSagace on 31 May 2020, 15:31

Hi !
I've finished this set some times ago but didn't post it.
It's a finecast set , easy to build and glue.
I searched it since a long time but like I didn't find one at a correct price, I've never bought it.
Now that's done !
I think that it will fit with my Mithril figures (I've not tried), cause of the price of the Mithril set (over 100€ !) I don't want to buy....

More on my blog : here

SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Graeme on 31 May 2020, 17:30

OOH! It's the Old man with the fireworks! :love:

That is a really nice little model and the painting is fabulous. Gandalf's robes, the wood and wickerwork of the cart, and the horse, all look totally realistic. And a nice little scene with the bridge.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Bessiere on 31 May 2020, 18:25

Love it! What gets me is how the LOTR movies captured how I had long thought Middle Earth and the characters would look. Those images were many times taken from the Hildebrandt brothers calendars from the 1970's which matched my imagination as well. I really hope this works with your other figures or we may have to start a gofundme for you.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by SamSagace on 31 May 2020, 19:19

Graeme wrote:OOH! It's the Old man with the fireworks! :love:

That is a really nice little model and the painting is fabulous. Gandalf's robes, the wood and wickerwork of the cart, and the horse, all look totally realistic. And a nice little scene with the bridge.

Thanks Graeme, I'm really happy that you like it !
Even if I have some critics about the movies, I must say that the scene with Gandalf coming in The Shire with his fireworks and the music with the irish whistle are marvellous ! ( The Shire is so marvellous ... :love1: )
I really hope to be courageous enough to build a scenery for all my Hobbits ( I still have a Hobbit Hole ... but not painted ... I'm a lazy guy ! :oops: )

Bessiere wrote:Love it! What gets me is how the LOTR movies captured how I had long thought Middle Earth and the characters would look. Those images were many times taken from the Hildebrandt brothers calendars from the 1970's which matched my imagination as well. I really hope this works with your other figures or we may have to start a gofundme for you.

Many Thanks Bessiere !
It's quite strange that this story enjoys so many people . Many of them have read the books .. 'long time ago' and that they became a part of their mind. Simple stories talk to our soul (or our deep unconscious ..) .
GW has the license for the Hobbit and LoTR movies, Mithril for the books.
I didn't know the "cartoonish" Images of the Hildebrandt Brothers ! thanks for the tip !

I'm sure that It works with my Hobbits ! ... I will post a picture ASAP !
I'm ok for a gofundme of course ! .. you can also buy my figures (unpainted!) on ebay : I've a lot on sale. :P
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Kekso on 03 Jun 2020, 18:36

it is so cool that I'm jealous :D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 05 Jun 2020, 22:37

Looks like he is sitting very cosy there! Real nice figure and cart! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Gallery