Gallery

MITHRIL M194 : Female Bandit

Posted by SamSagace on 26 May 2020, 08:49

I've finished a new MITHRIL figure :
blog : MITHRIL M194 : Female Bandit

Not a lot to say about "her", she's supposed to be one the Bandits of Tir Limlight, near the Forest of Fangorn, perhaps a creation for the MERP (Middle Earth Role Play ).

some pictures :

Yesterday night, I've finished to paint some 1/72 LoTR figures :P , so it will be my next post.
And I don't know which MITHRIL I'll paint after. :eh:

Have a nice day and more ! :-D
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Kekso on 26 May 2020, 09:34

Excellent work... I also like the tree
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Graeme on 26 May 2020, 16:41

WHAT A WOMAN!

She's fabulous! And yes, I like the tree too.

"Come fill up your glasses and let us be merry,
For to rob bags of plunder it is our intent.
Then away, then away, then awa--ay
To the caves in yonder mountain
where the robbers retreat."

You're lucky you can't hear me singing. :xd:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by MABO on 27 May 2020, 05:34

I agree with Dalibor and Graeme. But: Never read about them. Do you have some more informations about these bandits of Tir Limlight. Can you tells us more.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by SamSagace on 27 May 2020, 08:12

Kekso wrote:Excellent work... I also like the tree

Thanks Dalibor ! the tree comes from a real dead rosemary's bush !

Graeme wrote:WHAT A WOMAN!

She's fabulous! And yes, I like the tree too.

"Come fill up your glasses and let us be merry,
For to rob bags of plunder it is our intent.
Then away, then away, then awa--ay
To the caves in yonder mountain
where the robbers retreat."

You're lucky you can't hear me singing. :xd:

Thanks Graeme !
I've heard you singing ! great voice ! :yeah:
(like this song .. but which one is it ?

MABO wrote:I agree with Dalibor and Graeme. But: Never read about them. Do you have some more informations about these bandits of Tir Limlight. Can you tells us more.

Thanks Jan,
What I've found about the bandits of Tir Limlight is not very clear...
They were seven with a chief "Hunduin" and this female is supposed to be his wife.
If they are creations for the MERP, it's possible that Tir Limlight is a fictive creation for the game too .
It was a Castle on the boarder of the Fangorn Forest in the 3rd Age, still ruined at the time of The Lord of The Rings :
https://notionclubarchives.fandom.com/wiki/Tir_Limlight

and that's all what I've find ! :eh:
SamSagace  France

Posted by MABO on 27 May 2020, 12:04

Thank you very much for this.
MABO  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 27 May 2020, 14:32

Agree with the others! I am quite fond of the MERP characters. I think they add a lot of character to the story. Even if the books are full och different characters. And I think they you have done a very nice work on her! Yes, among your best! And the tree is a very good idea!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Graeme on 27 May 2020, 18:18

I wondered if they might be from "The Silmarillion" but I don't know anyone who managed to read the whole book so I don't know.

The song is "The Cadgwith Anthem" an English folk song (from Cornwall I think), it's just what came immediately into my mind when I saw your lovely bandit.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by SamSagace on 27 May 2020, 18:34

Graeme wrote:I wondered if they might be from "The Silmarillion" but I don't know anyone who managed to read the whole book so I don't know.

Not the Silmarillion, neither another book.
At the beginning of the company, they try to introduce a RP Game with figures, so they do a lot of "fictive' figures more or less connected with Tolkien.

For the Bandits, here's the description of the characters :

M192 Hundin, The Bandit chief : Hundin started his career as a Gondorian soldier in the fortress of Tir Limlight, then reversed his role by deserting and becoming one of the bandits that he was previously employed to hunt down. He is wide of girth with brown hair and wears an odd assortment of clothing and armour but carries an ugly but effective club of his own design and a fierce serrated Orcish scimitar. His leather pouch carries a Swan motif and has been looted from an official courrier of the Master of Laketown.

M193 Bandits of Tir Limlight : One of the figures (right), like Hundin, is a deserter from the army of Gondor. He still wears the somewhat battered leather armour of a Minas Tirith infantryman. Apart from this, he is clothed in a generally ragged and non-descript fashion. He is armed with both sword and bow. His compagnon (left) is bow-armed. Although, obviously a Northman, he wears a Sagathic leather cap and boots, obviously the results of a former succesful ambush.

M194 Female Bandit : This woman, who is Hundins "Lady", wears what was once a stylish dress from the courts of Minas Tirith, now ragged and with riding boots beneath. Over this she wears a rougher overgarment. At her side she carries a Sagathic dagger and a Sagathic style quiver holds her arrows at her right side though, like her fellow bandits, she carries the longbow of the Northmen.

The song is "The Cadgwith Anthem" an English folk song (from Cornwall I think), it's just what came immediately into my mind when I saw your lovely bandit.

A beautiful song ! :yeah:
SamSagace  France

Posted by SamSagace on 27 May 2020, 18:43

Susofrick wrote:Agree with the others! I am quite fond of the MERP characters. I think they add a lot of character to the story. Even if the books are full och different characters. And I think they you have done a very nice work on her! Yes, among your best! And the tree is a very good idea!

Thanks Gunnar!
I imagine those Bandits in a forest .... but I've only one tree ! :-D

MERP or not-MERP is not the question ... it depends of the taste of each one :P
But the MERP figures allows some diversity and was the source of very nice figures, that's sure !
Now, a lot of the new figures are from existing characters I've never heard they exist ! :eh:

(and I've read the Silmarillion ... but long long time ago ! :-D )
SamSagace  France

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 May 2020, 13:54

Tree,and base and bandit live in a magical space. Quite Beautiful and Awfully Good!

Taken from the legend of the maid no doubt ? For she too shot Robins black arrows.
IVANHOE. 1819 .BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 05 Jun 2020, 22:33

She really doesn't look like a bandit! I like her a lot! Nice brushwork again! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by SamSagace on 06 Jun 2020, 07:52

Peter wrote:She really doesn't look like a bandit! I like her a lot! Nice brushwork again! :thumbup:

Thanks Peter !
Someone in another place said that she looks like a gipsy female !
I think that I will paint his companion : Hundin, the Bandit Chieftain....
SamSagace  France

Posted by SamSagace on 06 Jun 2020, 07:57

Beano Boy wrote:Tree,and base and bandit live in a magical space. Quite Beautiful and Awfully Good!

Taken from the legend of the maid no doubt ? For she too shot Robins black arrows.
IVANHOE. 1819 .BB

Thanks Paul, I'm not sure for the inspiration of this character.
For MERP, (Middle Earth Role Play), mostly of the figures are more or less issued from the Tolkien's Universe.
But we're allowed to imagine what we want ! :-D
(and Ivanoe is an option ... ;-) )
SamSagace  France

Return to Gallery