Gallery

Going to a picnic with Hobbits ... an unexpected party !

Posted by SamSagace on 08 Apr 2020, 15:19

Hi Gentlemen,
some little Hobbits and a Pony going to a picnic...
All the figures are Mithril 32mm ( LR23 - LR24 and LR31 )
More to see on my blog : Here

Image


:P
User avatar
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)
 
Posts: 2960
Member since:
05 Sep 2010, 22:59


Posted by Bessiere on 08 Apr 2020, 22:25

Splendid hobbitry in all their furry-footed earthiness. LOTR has been a favorite of mine for close to 50 years now so I'm always interested in models based on Tolkien. I wonder what''s in the sack the hunched over fellow has in his bag? likely special blend smoke from longbottom, those Harfoots and their party favors. :xd: Very nice, thanks for sharing!

HARFEET! shouts someone from the back tables.
Bessiere  United States of America
 
Posts: 214
Member since:
23 May 2019, 15:50

Posted by SamSagace on 08 Apr 2020, 23:14

Bessiere wrote:Splendid hobbitry in all their furry-footed earthiness. LOTR has been a favorite of mine for close to 50 years now so I'm always interested in models based on Tolkien. I wonder what''s in the sack the hunched over fellow has in his bag? likely special blend smoke from longbottom, those Harfoots and their party favors. :xd: Very nice, thanks for sharing!

HARFEET! shouts someone from the back tables.


Oh my ! since 50 years ! For me only since about 45 years ...
I'm a Hobbit lover.... and I say that the Mithril figures are the best ones.
I've painted (and converted : here) about 60 Mithril Hobbits.
I've not finished but I promise that you will see the Old Tobby very soon.
"Of course, nothing better than The Longbottom weed ! :-D" said Pippin (the one the right who have his pipe on his hat :
Image

And I love the quote about the Harfeet :yeah: !
User avatar
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)
 
Posts: 2960
Member since:
05 Sep 2010, 22:59

Posted by Bluefalchion on 09 Apr 2020, 02:58

If Lobelia pops by, count the silver spoons before and after.
User avatar
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 2402
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by Susofrick on 09 Apr 2020, 08:38

It is great to have some hobbits in the hobby! Or is that hobbyts??? Love what you do with them!
User avatar
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 6731
Member since:
19 Feb 2008, 12:10

Posted by Graeme on 10 Apr 2020, 04:41

Lovely!

Very nicely painted Hobbits and they probably pack a mean picnic. :tongue:

I really don't know why the 1/72 manufacturers haven't made more hobbits. Perhaps there were only a few in the action but a couple of them were the main characters. But anyway, it's very nice to see these ones.
User avatar
Graeme  Australia
 
Posts: 1260
Member since:
27 Nov 2015, 02:39

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 10 Apr 2020, 06:16

Very good, Pascal!
User avatar
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 6884
Member since:
12 May 2008, 18:01

Posted by SamSagace on 10 Apr 2020, 08:56

Many thanks for your kind words :oops:

Graeme wrote:Lovely!

Very nicely painted Hobbits and they probably pack a mean picnic. :tongue:

I really don't know why the 1/72 manufacturers haven't made more hobbits. Perhaps there were only a few in the action but a couple of them were the main characters. But anyway, it's very nice to see these ones.

... the first problem is that the name "Hobbit" can't be used because of the rights, of course "Halfling" is often used by some manufacturers in other scales.
No one except GW and Mithril are allowed to use "hobbit" or LoTR...
And I think that the size in 1/72 (less than 15mm ) is also a problem.
But I agree with you : I don't understand why Caesar or Light Alliance didn't make some Hobbits in their Fantasy ranges.
After all, they are the heroes of the books (and the movies). :-D

Susofrick wrote:It is great to have some hobbits in the hobby! Or is that hobbyts??? Love what you do with them!

Thanks Gunnar :P
During some weeks it was my Hobbyt for sure ! It seems like I've not finished with the those little fellows.
User avatar
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)
 
Posts: 2960
Member since:
05 Sep 2010, 22:59

Posted by SamSagace on 10 Apr 2020, 08:58

Bluefalchion wrote:If Lobelia pops by, count the silver spoons before and after.

I know how many silver spoons I have and Lobelia is "persona non grata". :-D
User avatar
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)
 
Posts: 2960
Member since:
05 Sep 2010, 22:59

Posted by Bluefalchion on 14 Apr 2020, 23:15

SamSagace wrote:I know how many silver spoons I have and Lobelia is "persona non grata". :-D


Tolkien loved a redemption story. Even though she was one of the most unpleasant of all the Hobbits, she still stood tall in resisting the occupation of Sharkey's men.
User avatar
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 2402
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by Peter on 19 Apr 2020, 16:38

Excellent work Pascal! :thumbup:
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 18673
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51

Posted by SamSagace on 20 Apr 2020, 14:42

Peter wrote:Excellent work Pascal! :thumbup:


Thanks Peter ! :P

Bluefalchion wrote:
SamSagace wrote:I know how many silver spoons I have and Lobelia is "persona non grata". :-D


Tolkien loved a redemption story. Even though she was one of the most unpleasant of all the Hobbits, she still stood tall in resisting the occupation of Sharkey's men.


You're right of course but unfortunately, I've almost forgotten this part of the story ... (P. Jackson too ... :eh: ). I'm still reading again the book because it's important for me to know all the true story and the return to the Shire miss me !
User avatar
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)
 
Posts: 2960
Member since:
05 Sep 2010, 22:59

Posted by Susofrick on 20 Apr 2020, 15:24

Aaron is right! She stood tall against Sharkey's men. Pity they haven't made that many female hobbits.
User avatar
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 6731
Member since:
19 Feb 2008, 12:10

Posted by SamSagace on 20 Apr 2020, 17:01

Susofrick wrote:Aaron is right! She stood tall against Sharkey's men. Pity they haven't made that many female hobbits.


In fact : not so many females in the story !
Elven Females : Galadriel, Arwen* (* who appears twice only in the books !)
Man Female : Eowyn ( + Goldberry )
Hobbits Females : Mrs Maggot, Rosy Cotton,
Ent wife : none ! (only when Treebard talk about them)
Dwarf female : none !
Orc Female : none !
Wizards: none !

Now look at the Mithril Database :
http://mithril.faerylands.eu/index.php?pageNum_Recordset1=0&totalRows_Recordset1=28&action=mansearch&ref=female
+ Galadriel (10) Eowyn (4) Goldberry (4 and more) and Arwen (4)
+ some maiden, girls ....
+ plenty of shamaness, women, etc...

+ Only for the Hobbits :
(I've painted all of them excepted the last one which is new release ... )
LR26: Mrs Maggot
M59 : Female Hobbit with children
m323: Female Hobbits (2)
M353 : Lobelia (+ Lotho)
M357: Rose Gamgee + Goldilocks
M445: Female Hobbit Scout ( a lovely figure !)
MZ567: Belladonna Took

+ some girls in other sets ..
not so bad ! :P
User avatar
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)
 
Posts: 2960
Member since:
05 Sep 2010, 22:59


Return to Gallery