Gallery

Star Wars

Posted by ADM on 23 Dec 2018, 02:00

A battle for Christmas ! :merrychristmas: not with snowballs but with Star wars ! :-D

Some years ago "Wizards of the Coast" produced a complete serie of all the star wars characters (painted) in a scale close to 25mm (made of vinyl) covering all the 6 movies except the latest trilogy because when Disney bought Star wars they stopped licensing product with this manufacturer and the new figures made by another manufacturer are more than 10 time bigger, so not interesting because not compatible with these old ones, you can still find plenty of them on ebay and some shop like this one :

https://www.trollandtoad.com/DandD,-SWM ... /1424.html

On the photos you can see the battle of Hoth, I haven't done the diorama yet but I already use the figures for wargames

Also exist a game named "X-Wing miniatures" for space battle with all the space ship, already built and painted so you can play wargame immediately with them, this is a smaller scale, their size is close to 25mm figures, and this is the purpose of the second battle scene. This game is still available anywhere today.

if you're not a model builder or figure painter but still want to learn strategy and tactic this is the perfect choice. Or if you're like me a passionated figure painter and diorama builder but with only 2 hands and only one life ! ;-) a nice, fast and easy way to have fun while working with your project.

ADM  

Posted by Kekso on 23 Dec 2018, 13:29

Star Wars or Napoleonic wars... can't decide which topic I love better. But we're lacking Star Wars figures in almost any scale, especially 1/72.

ADM wrote:Or if you're like me a passionated figure painter and diorama builder but with only 2 hands and only one life

If passionated means that one paints a lot of figures in short time, then I'm not passionated most of the time :xd:
But that part with only 2 hands and 1 life says so much about many of us. :thumbup:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 02 Jan 2019, 13:29

Wonderfull collection of Star Wars you have there! Looked a few times at it hoping that I wouldn't miss something. ;-) :thumbup:

Yes and I know all about the story of the mind and the two hands! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery