Gallery

1/48 Tamiya "Somewhere in the Marianas" diorama

Posted by gerry7944 on 11 Jun 2017, 16:09

This is a 1/48 scale diorama of a N1k2-J "George" fighter parked up on one of the Mariana Islands in the Pacific.

All the models are Tamiya.

I have painted them using Vallejo model air paints.

The base is plastic and I have used DAS clay, and various lenghs of static grass for the groundwork along with Mig pigments.

Cheers

Gerry

gerry7944  United Kingdom

Posted by FredG on 11 Jun 2017, 20:58

Interesting plant the Shiden-Kai. Heavily armed and armoured it was at least a match, with its 4 x 20mm cannon, for the US planes of its time. Especially with the first of the pilots being the experienced aces. Having flown one many times myself in a sim, I'm not quite so old that I flew one in WW2.
I was under the impression that it came into service after the US had taken the Marianas though. Not that that matters to the Dio.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by gerry7944 on 12 Jun 2017, 00:47

FredG wrote:Interesting plant the Shiden-Kai. Heavily armed and armoured it was at least a match, with its 4 x 20mm cannon, for the US planes of its time. Especially with the first of the pilots being the experienced aces. Having flown one many times myself in a sim, I'm not quite so old that I flew one in WW2.
I was under the impression that it came into service after the US had taken the Marianas though. Not that that matters to the Dio.

Fred G

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Your comments are very much appreciated.

You may be right about this aircraft as I am no expert on the Pacific campaignes.

Cheers

Gerry

Posted by panzerman on 12 Jun 2017, 06:01

Great job on the Japanese George diorama. Plane is perfect. Figures and vehicled compliment the display wonderfully. Bill
panzerman  United States of America

Posted by gerry7944 on 13 Jun 2017, 16:24

panzerman wrote:Great job on the Japanese George diorama. Plane is perfect. Figures and vehicled compliment the display wonderfully. Bill

Bill

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Cheers

Gerry

Return to Gallery