Gallery

1/35 Dragon German Fixed Artillery Diorama

Posted by gerry7944 on 12 Feb 2017, 01:13

This is a 1/35 diorama using a Dragon artillery kit with a mixture of Dragon and Tamiya figures

The base is scratch built and I have used static grass and various bushes and tufts.

Cheers

Gerry

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
gerry7944  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 351
Member since:
07 Oct 2016, 04:49


Posted by C M Dodson on 12 Feb 2017, 07:01

Hi Gerry.

My you are versatile. This is lovely with your usual attention to detail. I love the spent brass howitzer cases. I have one as a port bottle holder from WW1 myself. The guy carrying the spent cases would have had a rag to prevent burning if in action but it's top marks from me.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 301
Member since:
01 May 2015, 18:48

Posted by gerry7944 on 12 Feb 2017, 14:19

C M Dodson wrote:Hi Gerry.

My you are versatile. This is lovely with your usual attention to detail. I love the spent brass howitzer cases. I have one as a port bottle holder from WW1 myself. The guy carrying the spent cases would have had a rag to prevent burning if in action but it's top marks from me.

Best wishes,

Chris




Chris

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Much appreciated.

I know what you are saying about the guy with the spent casing. He is as came with the kit although I agree he should have a glove or a rag as they would have been a tad hot.

A future fix me thinks.

Cheers

Gerry
gerry7944  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 351
Member since:
07 Oct 2016, 04:49

Posted by Wiking on 12 Feb 2017, 17:29

Very nice loading scene.
And the soldier behind the gun waiting for the command ,fire!
With whom is he calling by phone? Can`t see a cable passing the phonebox.

gerry 7944 wrote:
... I agree he should have a glove or a rag as they would have been a tad hot.

He is the demonstration to a part of a slogan at this time:
Zäh wie Leder (tough as leather), Hart wie Kruppstahl (hard as steel of Krupp).

The helmets should be more grey as green I think.

And again a amount of small things as Chris already mentioned.
:yeah:
User avatar
Wiking  Germany
 
Posts: 838
Member since:
14 Sep 2015, 10:03

Posted by sansovino on 12 Feb 2017, 22:46

Again a wonderful diorama of highest quality... I like it!

The only critique which I have on a absolute high-end diorama, it´s the absence of dirt and smoke in your diorama. It´s a question of realism and certainly personal style too. Soldiers in actions, especially gunners won´t look so clean and washed.
Theirs shoes, knees, hands and faces should have signs of their actions, but this is my personal view and not a must be, although it would makes your diorama still more realistic (if you have the intention to be realistic?).
sansovino  Germany
 
Posts: 263
Member since:
27 Mar 2014, 21:42

Posted by gerry7944 on 13 Feb 2017, 01:06

Wiking wrote:Very nice loading scene.
And the soldier behind the gun waiting for the command ,fire!
With whom is he calling by phone? Can`t see a cable passing the phonebox.

gerry 7944 wrote:
... I agree he should have a glove or a rag as they would have been a tad hot.

He is the demonstration to a part of a slogan at this time:
Zäh wie Leder (tough as leather), Hart wie Kruppstahl (hard as steel of Krupp).

The helmets should be more grey as green I think.

And again a amount of small things as Chris already mentioned.
:yeah:




Wiking

Thanks for that.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Gerrry
gerry7944  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 351
Member since:
07 Oct 2016, 04:49

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by gerry7944 on 13 Feb 2017, 01:11

sansovino wrote:Again a wonderful diorama of highest quality... I like it!

The only critique which I have on a absolute high-end diorama, it´s the absence of dirt and smoke in your diorama. It´s a question of realism and certainly personal style too. Soldiers in actions, especially gunners won´t look so clean and washed.
Theirs shoes, knees, hands and faces should have signs of their actions, but this is my personal view and not a must be, although it would makes your diorama still more realistic (if you have the intention to be realistic?).


Sansovino

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Much appreciated.

I agree about your observations which tends to happen after prolonged action in the field.

In my experience soldiers usually start off clean at the begining of an action and depending on whither they have time or are allowed tend to keep themselves and their kit as clean as possible particularly the German and British army.

This was intended to show a German gun at the start of the Barbarosa campagne.

Cheers

Gerry
gerry7944  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 351
Member since:
07 Oct 2016, 04:49

Posted by Peter on 13 Feb 2017, 14:54

Looks excellent to me! Again! :thumbup:

But could it be possible to see pictujres of your dioramas from a distance? An overall picture would be nice to start with. Then we can see how it's build. ;-)
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 17218
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51

Posted by gerry7944 on 13 Feb 2017, 15:07

Peter wrote:Looks excellent to me! Again! :thumbup:

But could it be possible to see pictujres of your dioramas from a distance? An overall picture would be nice to start with. Then we can see how it's build. ;-)




Peter

Thanks for that.

Much appreciated.

No problem.

Cheers

Gerry
gerry7944  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 351
Member since:
07 Oct 2016, 04:49


Return to Gallery