Gallery

Once Upon A Page in Time & Space

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Dec 2016, 20:31

The Adventure Begins,
and it is to be a very snowy short one indeed.
So put your woolly cloves & hat on,it`s going to be coooooold!

The light is fast fading upon the freeze of this rather blue ice-cold day ,and tracks are noticed chilled solid into what was once the shinny smooth snow.
:sst: " They appear to run down hill." Mentioned the little button.
;-) "They sure do." Agreed another.
:mrgreen: "What crazy fool, would care to slide out such spiffy sparkling things?"
:sst: "I think I know."
;-) " Yes me too."
:mrgreen: " I believe it to be...... :read: " Shooosh! Let the letters spell it out for everyone."
:cowboy: "That whiped the grin off his face." :eh: "Eh!"

Ketts Hill,the highest heights in these parts is fresh layered in an eiderdown of gleaming white. From these heights it is possible to look down upon the medieval City of Norwich.

:sst: :cowboy: :mrgreen: :wink: "There he is. We guessed right. It`s FRED!" They all shouted out in excitement!"
:eh: "Eh! Whats going on?"____ Well almost everyone that is.
:read: " Crazy dare devil."

Yes Fred,has decided to try skiing and without knowing how to do such a thing.
However he thought `How diffircult could it be to do such a wonderful thing? '
I guess many have also thought such a thing too?

As for Fred he wants to experience the thrill of it all,well as best as he can. Those who know of Fred on the Forum,know that in light of past history; his history that is. That he is bound to come unstuck and big time too.
:mrgreen: " Don`t worry BB,has glue a plenty to put even Humpty Dumpty back together again."

Fred,was certainly moving. He zoomed past every shadow as it was falling and headed for the thrill of facing the downward sloop of Ketts Hill. His fresh laser cut ski`s seemed to be working remarkably well.

Then he disappeared over the top of the heights.
From now on it was all down hill without brakes of any kind for the little fellow.
"Yiiiiiiiiippy! "
There was something smoooooth sounding about those ski`s,but Fred`s Yell, resounded in everyones ears. Then after a few long seconds of silence this occurred. The strangest noise like an artillery shell.

He was flying through the air after skipping over a bump at 186 miles an hr,
Whoosh! He was airborne.
As with the natural laws governing such speed he continued on upwards.

But very soon gravity dictated he come hurtling down, until the most awesom mound of snow appeared to welcome him with the steady hands of a good friend.

Yes Fred,had finished the last 3000 feet airborne,and his eye could only see white.

It was a good catch indeed, because just beyond that huge pile of fresh soft snow Fred was now busy getting out of,was the fast racing River Wensum at its deepest point.
:sst: " My word Fred was lucky." The little button said."

The intrepid Pepper Pot Alien,was soon geared up again and headed for home two miles away from Norwich.

:sst: :read: :mrgreen: :-D :eh: :cowboy: :wave: From the top of the hill they waved him Bravo & Bye Fred, Bye!

As the evenings fleeting shadows pull in, we leave the Unit F.R.E.D,known simply as Fred,upon his way home to Fiddle Wood,and the safety of home.

It also means this snow filled Page in Time & Space, Draws to its Close.

Enjoy your holiday my friends and stay safe. C U Later :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Cryns on 23 Dec 2016, 00:40

I only watched your pictures.
And laughed a lot.
And I do like the special effects of the jumping through the blue sky.
You must have watched a lot of Bollywood movies: the old ones use similar special effects like you did here.

Tomorrow I will try read all the text.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Dec 2016, 03:31

No my friend, I never watch Bollywood Movies,
I`m far to busy trying to empty my head of ideas.
There it goes again,I tilt my head slightly and another one runs out upon the page.
I find the simple things work best for me,on a budget of £1.50
I did a similar one two years ago on this Forum,and like that one,this one was fun to do. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Dec 2016, 03:35

It should read put your gloves on. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Like Peter mentioned I type to fast. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Cryns on 23 Dec 2016, 13:02

Reading your text I wondered:
Is there snow in Norwich now?
And has BB's back healed enough to step on those ski's soon and getting airborn for a few yards himself?
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Dec 2016, 16:43

I was so sorry when we lost our Sci- Fi & Fantasy Sub Forum,
However Titles do help.

On Another Page in Time & Space. It the Page,can take the reader anywhere the author deems.
My Book,THE JUNGLE PHOTOGRAPH, takes Charley Spotit through Time & Space, aided by a key.

So as the Sun smiles upon this day

Under Gunnars,Leadership,Sweden has risen to be the world Super Power,after developing, The Snow Ball Bouncing Bomb, and by doing so,President Elect Trump,has been well Trumped and Bumped!

Britain has finally blown up the Chanel Tunnel and for most it is party time. :merrychristmas:
Russia, is content on being a fully employed top nation of model makers under ZVEZDA Leadership,with the added promise of no more small boxes.

The European Homeless are walking to the Middle East, after promised housing and jobs!
Peoples of all Arab Nations are content to stay wherever they are,
after coming unstuck during the Treacle Bomb Wars.
Treacle & Sand is a ghastly mix,and the weapon now no longer needed has been baned the world over,and all Treacle Mines,have been closed.

There`s More Surprises in Store.

After Daleks,had managed to steal the top secret plans, of the Snow Ball Bouncing Bomb,which were published in THE BEANO, Comic dated the 2/2/1949. They use the weapon on Norwich,Fiddle Wood and Honey Well, on the 22/12/ 2016._____Yes its is a mysterious icy world of Sc-Fi fun.

There`s heaps of snow around Norwich and Fiddle Wood, has 20 foot snow drifts. People are being dug out of their houses by the Army ( T A )

A Fit and Healthy BB, is Officer Commanding 22 Regiment, and other Special Forces and Military units on the invasion of ... Din,Din,Dah! Drum Roll Please?....

....... The Planet SKARO,the home planet of the Daleks,on that Page in Time & Space,and of course helped by the UNIT FRED! .......All it takes is a tapping finger of elevated happiness.

It seems that `Parallel Universe`s' can exist in very tall tales.

What of Honey Well? Mr Glad Grind,has obtained a certain Key that can .......

That is however another chapter in my book,for another time. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Pieter on 23 Dec 2016, 18:52

Dear Beano Boy,
I Love this for simple craftmansship, creativity and humour..!!!

Greetz Pieter
Pieter  Netherlands

Posted by Michael Robert on 23 Dec 2016, 20:54

Hi Beano,

a big fan of your stories I am (just seen Rogue One). I envy you for the snow. How come that you on the isle have snow and we French continentals don't? Is it because you blew up the Channel tunnel? Now the snow won't leak any longer to other countries? :-D

Have some wonderful days and Merry Christmas to you
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Dec 2016, 22:02

Pieter,and Michael, we Brits don`t have snow at this time, but writing is like show business, so if there`s no snow imagination dances upon the white of each paper or p c screen, and one simply places thoughts and memories of it down. Then others remember the beautiful sight of it ,the softness as it drifts down gently, and the dangerous ice cold raw of it on bitter days of traveling Freeze. I am most happy that my little patch of Cornflour,and my wit has found favour in your eyes. Thank you kindly.

For special effects one Fred, one blue table mat,two boxes of Starch and a good Camera!
It also helps to be a wee bit crazy like me.

Just tipped out,and used as it was.

The topic to finish my year on the Forum was a great joy to do.

:sst: "BB,will reuse the the flour. So his big budget was nothing." Why thank you button. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 26 Dec 2016, 19:25

Great story and pictures Paul! Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Jan 2017, 16:36

I`m a bit late,catching up with this post,so thank you Peter. Since this first episode Fred, has spurred himself on to greater things with MayBell by his side trying hard to avoid those darn ski`s!
I love to share my Dottiness, because it comes quite natural to me. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to Gallery