Gallery

Who´s that man? / 20-28mm /

Posted by tomikd on 19 Nov 2016, 22:04

Who´s that man? is my last finished dio. Made of three minis. One from Scibor miniatures http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=625 and two from Gamezone miniatures http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tiend ... turgo.html
And " Who´s that man? " it is the question of the small man with the book .... and the story can begin... :-D :-D :-D
Base made by me. Terain and mushroom made from milliput. See pictures
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tomikd  Slovakia

Posted by Dad's Army on 19 Nov 2016, 22:15

Hahaha, what a cool vignette.
I always like the non violent the most, and I will add this one to my likes as well.
Cool figures, and fantastic scene!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 20 Nov 2016, 09:57

It looks like it comes out of a fairy tale! Wonderfull work Tomik! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Nov 2016, 12:05

First of all.I Love the painted figures base and everything else besides. :thumbup:

The Figures

The Wandering Jew,
an ageless pattern is set in place by his foot steps _____He being Joseph the Wanderer.

As he is also included in your piece,The other________ The Venerable Thaumaturge ???

Aged respected worker of wonders and miracles. Perhapes a Magician ? or Holy Man ?

( :read: "There are many a symbolic cognition dealing with the word Thaumaturge,
The Horse figure is also riddled in symbols too.")

The figure on horseback seems to be in a quest for knowledge ,
while he is totally ignorant of the world passing him by as most scholars are.

Hopefully it is story time? :-D :-D :-D BB

:cowboy: :read: :sst: " Yes. yes, yes, _____________we love a good Story."
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by MABO on 20 Nov 2016, 17:34

Very expressive figures, I like them as well.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Wiking on 20 Nov 2016, 17:59

Nice. :-D
Different to the most seen here.

" Who´s that man? "
The one with the "Panama papers"? :mrgreen:
Wiking  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 20 Nov 2016, 23:47

Impressive painting and composition! :thumbup:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Susofrick on 21 Nov 2016, 08:54

Wow! Like it a lot!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by tomikd on 24 Nov 2016, 19:11

Now it does make sense.....

It was a coincidence

I just picked up some figures, what I had, and got together.

When I read, what Beano Boy written, I realized that all miniatures representing something special. When I combine Joseph Wanderer - Wandering Jew and The Venerable Thaumaturge .... it really does make sense :-D :-D :-D
What a story could it be..............
tomikd  Slovakia

Posted by Beano Boy on 25 Nov 2016, 02:42

Hi Guys,and especially Tomikd, when I wrote my piece in way of commenting upon the figures I wanted to do it in a good way where your story would not be spoilt if you had one.

Well I researched the wondering jew,and legend has it that he hatefully scorned a certain person about to be executed at the hand of the Jews and Romans, and was cursed to wonder the earth
forever without dying.

It is rather silly but legands and folklore juggle so into made up patterns of pure fantasy.This is not about religion or beliefs that I now write,however the person put to death was of course the man Jesus. A fact of history.

Concerning the Jew,in certain lands he has been given different names,but in medieval times in the year 1228 he was written of by a certain Roger of Wendover, in his Chronicle Flores Historiarum
( Flowers of History ),and referred to in England as Joseph ,the eternal jew,who must await the second coming.

On the Horse
Topsy Turvy, Ancient Greek letters,and Ancient Egyptian life symbols : Hieroglyphics can be determined with a tap of a finger these days. The real meaning here is down to the artist.

There is a third figure which greatly interested me ,the one on foot by the horse. He reminds me of the servant of Don Quixote! Fully aware what is actually going on. For me he represents normality even though he carries a bag full of scrolls,but that is just my humble opinion. :-D

They are cracking good figures,and any figure great or small can help with the telling of story`s.
If you like them that is all that really counts.
It was great to have the question," Who`s that man? With a name one can find out.:-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to Gallery