Gallery

BB`s Toy Figures

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Aug 2014, 05:49

These are a few old and new ones together. I must say I do not like the pole that holds the horses up.BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ragnar on 01 Aug 2014, 06:30

Nice one Beano Boy, I did paint up some of those Mexicans just for fun, I never noticed the pole on the horses before {they look like they belong on a merry go round :) } Indians look good who makes them?
Ragnar  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Aug 2014, 02:15

Ragnar ,the Indian warriors are Vintage Toys of yesteryear and were made by Creasent in the late 1950`s and early 1960`s.

Four from "The Carousel ",Above!

Image This mystery ??????? figure came in a job lot which I bought on E Bay.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Ragnar on 03 Aug 2014, 04:00

Cheers Beano for the info....I started playing with toysoldiers as a kid back in the 70's..Airfix and the odd timpo or the Timpo knock off's .....I never had figures that pre-dated that era.
Ragnar  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Aug 2014, 22:34

Well Ragnar,I`m 65 and still buying them.

These three are vintage figures from Creasent too,and not a child`s chew mark on any of them at all.Same period as the others. A bit to much shadow here in this old photo.I intend to re-shoot much of my toy collection soon and with much better camera`s too. "Pixel`s by the Millions!"

I ment to mention it before,that those Mexican Bandits have the saddle moulded to their leg`s. So you ain`t gonna lose em,but you might well lose the horses.
There is one mounted figure missing from this set,and I will fetch it out from my collection and take a photo of it to place it here. It`s well worth the look at.

Meanwhile here are another three on foot this time along with that famous pig! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 05 Aug 2014, 18:52

Thanks for sharing Paul! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Aug 2014, 01:21

Above are some cheap toy figure conversions painted by me that I worked on several years ago.All have had new hats fitted,with some having extra ammo belt`s.
I expect many a child the world over had fun with these over the years.

These three above are the holy grail for collectors with Bow`s and war lance intact. Fresh as when they left the candy shop in 1962. ( Minus the paint!) Well they are sweet candy to my eyes.Not easy to come by these days in this condition,but I do have quite a large collection of these toy figures that Creasent made long ago.Back in the day when new they cost 6d each. ( Six old copper pennies = three new pennies today )

Another three from the set of Mexican`s.The one in the middle has lost his sombrero.

Above four more from the mounted set

More toy figures to come ( Creasant, Timpo, Britans,and Lone Star ) and I hope you`ll click on and join me for more of the same. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Aug 2014, 13:14

Armies in Plastic: Woodland Indians 1/32 scale More different ones to come on this set.

Above figures by Timpo 1/32 scale

Two vintage toy figures above from 1950`s 1960`s I bet these will bring back memories with many of childhood play. Very hard to find now. (Tiny Things!)
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Emperor on 14 Aug 2014, 22:17

That figure you bought on E bay that came in job a lot...I saw it on flee market...I my self also like toy soldiers...And the tin one...I am collecting them...
Emperor  

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Aug 2014, 01:00

Beano Boy  England

Posted by Duron QelDroma on 17 Aug 2014, 15:54

The ???-mystery-knight figure is (afaik) a King Arthur figure from an early Timpo range from the 1950s. I've only seen painted examples, so maybe it's a later Hong-Kong reissue? If it's original, congrats for obtaining such a rare figure!!!
Duron QelDroma  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Aug 2014, 18:16

Thank you Duran QelDroma for your comment,I knew I knew this guy`s pose.Yes ,I just checked it out.I bought a whole box of figures just to obtain him. All those Boney Type figures were included. The price was for that Lot was £4.99 plus £ 3.00 postage.Image

However he is a Cheap Copy,because I am well aware of the copyright symbol of Timpo in the 1950`s and 1960`s . Below are the real article.

Made in England in raised up letter`s are on top of each base.

Below is also a good example how a child causes so much damage that to me,the figure is not worth the time taken to look at it. I have simply placed it here to show how hard it is to collect figures from that period in mint or good condition.

In the States,the Seller admits it is his own figure from his childhood days.He wants bidding to start at 20 American Dollar`s .
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Aug 2014, 21:31

Writing of Timpo Toy Figures from the 1950`s and 60`s here are a few Cowboy`s by that company.

The oddest thing about these vintage 1960`s , ( Made in England in raised up letters on Base ) ,Timpo figures is none of the hats are on the top of the heads,but are placed on the back of the head slooping upwards.However they paint up well,and are what they are,"Nice Toys." Remoulds are available but with the Made in England removed from the Mould`s.My figures shown here were in Mint condition until some guy called Paul painted them.

Above my Blackfoot peaceful Indians now on the water after years of waiting for me to do it. A vast improvement from the picture below.

For my American Friend`s

The other Indian must have fell in or has gone to shoot arrows at General Longbottom Beano.Well after all this scene now complete is set in the year 1775 just before the end of the French and Indian wars.

( As I recall another war soon followed as a drum beat and pipe sounded the cause of Liberty! American`s joined their former enemy the French and kicked a somewhat Mad King`s army out.Now as to which side General Longbottom Beano a widows son,sided with during this period of time is altogether another somewhat________Very Tall Tale! Although his coat buttoned up on both sides,he new which side he was really on. )
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2014, 02:10

Why not these I thought.

Well the kiddies were up that day when these pictures were taken. That's Mrs B`s shopping on the table.Yes I often let her spend some money.

I have lots of these in my collection,Cowboys. Apachie,and other tribes,and cavalry too. These are the newer horses,but I do have the vintage ones too.

I also have a great big box of wooden dowels to make a right good looking fort for them all too. It`s nice when the kiddies come to visit,they declare that all the toys are Cool.Sometimes they get to take a little something home. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Oct 2014, 19:23

I call him , Fish Eyes Lowestofty,and I painted him. Please don`t look at him to long , he is quite hypnotic! Why the name?
Well Lowestoft is where the Birds Eye factory is and he has fish eyes.
This vintage toy figure from the 1950`s , 60`s,has a raised point to each eye so it cannot be painted any other way.

I suppose most can recognise these,and I call this picture of mine, "the last of the Gristle Pickers!"

(Recognize to US members OK? )
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Emperor on 16 Oct 2014, 20:05

@BB You should see what I have bought in September on famous Carneval near my home...
I will show to you tomorrow when I take camera...
Emperor  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Oct 2014, 21:35

I bought these years ago,but only took them out of plastic bag today. Mrs B tidy`s up and I just forget things. Searching today I found them in one of my storage boxes. I hope you like them.

Those above.Maker not confirmed yet, ( Perhaps Cherilea )

These are 1960`s Herald figures. Played with condition,but they can be restored.

All are the Herald range of Highlanders 1960.

I don`t have a clue what make these are,but I believe them to be from the 1950`s. They are not Timpo,because there are no raised letters on top of the base. Rubish to some,but real treasure to me. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Oct 2014, 17:41

I`m taking it really easy today shooting pictures of toys. So besides these figures below lots more from my collection is to follow later. Enjoy

All 1/32 scale. I Found these in my Toy Stash! I had forgotten I had several boxes of them. Two sets here,and yes differing colours. The Gunners are still sleeping in the Box!

As duty calls,and the drums sound along the Mohawk Valley I suppose I ought to wake them up. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 21 Oct 2014, 19:12

I bought those two sets of figures recently! Not bad sculpted! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Oct 2014, 23:23

Here are some of my AIRFIX archers,that I collected over the years. You can never have enough archers.Well that is my view. I also have more in storage boxes. Well there are hudreds,some are AIRFIX, ACCURATE,and REVELL in three sizes 1/32,1/35 and 20mm. All bought secondhand and those that had been painted I stripped the paint off by soaking them in neat thick bleach for 3 or 4 weeks. The paint just falls away when rinsing them in water.

( WARNING never mix soap and bleach,because it gives off TOXIC Gas that could Kill You.) I take my figures out the bleach one at a time and rinse them in clean water. When all are done in this way, I finish the clean up in strong soapy water.

The first figure in the middle line is the one who`s bow I worked on recently. BB
Beano Boy  England

Next page

Return to Gallery