Gallery

BB`s Toy Figures

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Feb 2016, 00:14

Very rare to find in good condition. The standard will easily straightened in a cup of boiling water. After it has been rectified i will quickly dunk it into a bowl of cold water. After. it will remain in the shape required. I managed to buy two. Originally this mounted figure came with the five poses already shown,and that was the complete set. Over the past few days i have near enough bought some guys complete collection ,and so figures are in tip top condition. BB

Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 17 Feb 2016, 08:42

Remember the wagon. Didn't buy it. Why? It wasn't Wild West and I was crazy about Wild West. Now I'm just crazy.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Feb 2016, 02:11

The BRITAINS and HERALD, Roman Chariot is from 1972. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Feb 2016, 03:38

ARMIES IN PLASTIC
All pictures from E Bay

I need the two Officer Poses, first one bottom line for conversion so i can use them for RORKES DRIFT.

Artillery piece and Gatling Gun

Those above are for battles after R D! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Mar 2016, 04:37

BRITAINS BLACK WATCH
Hollow cast lead soldiers from the 1930`s and these certainly have seen plenty of action!

For now an E Bay Picture

I bought these on E Bay and usually they price out at around £18 to £20 each in this rare pose. i picked four of these up for £25.00. So i am well pleased to have them. Presently they look well beaten up and need TLC,and slight restoration because their bayonets were broken off Donkeys years ago. So i`ll solder new ones on ,and repaint them.
There is quite a growing collection of lead figures in the toy collection now,and all have been shown within this open ended topic. Collecting for me is like touching social history of a bygone age and restoring them is a great pleasure. After all a child played with these over 80 odd years ago. So these and others like them are real veterans to have survived this long with only minor damage. I hope to show better pictures when they arrive in the mail. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Mar 2016, 23:39

Some good news i managed to obtain some Cowboy Figures,16 in total in this job lot.
They are part of the Jean Houfler set of German made Toy Figures. The highly coloured plastic and W Germany mark on the under side of their bases prove this to be the case.

They are
JHFC1,3,4,5 ,8
JHFC11 16,17,18, 19,20_______________i need number 13 to complete this set. Yes i know Peter has one.

MCB 4____________________i need numbers 7 & 8 to complete this set.

MI numbers 6,7,8 to finish this set

.Image

JHFI 4, 6,9 to complete this set.

So i need 9 poses to bring in a good conclusion to these sets.It might take while or i could be lucky sooner.

i`ll do a photo shoot when they arrive and post them here. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Mar 2016, 01:03

Well it`s been a long time in coming, but here are some of the BEANO COMIC Characters! :-D
Along with another Beano Boy Biscuit tin. This set usually prices out at £50.00,but i skuttled around and found this at £7.99 plus postage. Very, Very Well Pleased.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Mar 2016, 12:07

I never understood that comic, but I was definitely the wrong age to discover it. And if there were same kind of figures for the comics I read as a kid I would buy all of them! Yes, I know Eric Clapton is reading Beano on an album cover. That's why I knew about the comic. Great find and huge congratulations!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Mar 2016, 17:44

Only one of the JEAN HOEFFLER figures of year 1971 was broken ,but lucky me there were two of that pose in the Lot bought on E Bay two days ago,and the other one was complete.

Some Sellers have certainly pushed the price up now on E Bay UK,and want £8.00 a figure. That is pure greediness on their part. I often butt heads with these`s guys when trading,and i recognize them by the way they bid. I know their handle ( NAME!) on E Bay and i watch for items they bought to come onto their shop. Seeing their greedy mark up. _______________and knowing their bid next time around, i out price them right out of the Toy Box,and i get a Great Buzz in doing it. I gave £16.50 for 16 figures which is their last bid. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ___Which i see as £144 price mark up avoided,and not in their pocket. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A SET OF CRESCENT COWBOY & INDIANS ________Late 1950`s Early 1960`s

I have shown these before after the paint was removed. They are in my opinion one of the best ssts produced and stand up well with the up to date modern figures of our day.

More byegone figures to show soon.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 17 Mar 2016, 08:45

Had some Hoffler and Crescent. Great to see them again. And with all those that I didn't have! Go on, Paul! Like this a lot!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Mar 2016, 12:26

There is something about those German Toy Figures, i find them both rather crude :( ,but also reliable tough and quite Wonderful. :-D I have the Knights too in the Collection.
:read: "They were shown within this open ended topic now nearing 22.000 visits."
___ :cowboy: " Yippeeeeeeeee! K A O." __________________ Yes i`m very glad to have started this one.
Thanks Gunnar ,4 the comment. :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Mar 2016, 15:09

The BEANO & DANDY,were very important Comics in Britain and the British Government allowed and diverted resources for the Comics to be produced throughout WWII in order to keep the kids happy in those dark times.
My older Brother Ron and i,read them each week. They cost Threepence in old English Copper Coin.
Yes i`m ancient but luckily enough not to be made of stone. :-D
In reply to Gunnar`s comment.
Thunder Birds are Go!
There are some very rare figures around of these characters from 1970`s TV. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Apr 2016, 21:28

Cooperation Between Friends

A Good Swap

A Good Trade

Jean Hoeffler Toy Figures

A recent Swap with Peter meant that we each received three figures each that we did not have in our toy figure collection. This means the standing Cowboy Collection is complete,and worth lots of Dosh!
:mrgreen: "35 pence a figure?"____ :read: "In your dreams! Means no!" ____ :shock: " Gulp!"

The Horse i already had and has the look of a childhood paint job from the 1970`s.

:cowboy: " Yippy! It Brings back Memories."

The other two Jean Hoeffler Collections in this range are nearing completion now with only five more figures to fudge out upon the Internet. I`m sure they will gallop in pretty soon. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by MABO on 06 Apr 2016, 22:31

I had these three figures as well. I do not know where and when they disappeared. But I liked them very much. Thanks for posting, Paul!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 May 2016, 08:15

The Crescent figures of 17th March cleaned up really nice. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 22 May 2016, 19:27

Must have some of these lying around here somewhere! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 23 May 2016, 09:25

Yip yip yip! I really like this museum! Recognize these Crescent figures, but I don't know why. Don't think I ever had them, probably seen them in a toystore or something.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 May 2016, 12:21

I placed those figures into jam jar and filled it up with thick bleach! I then forgot it,but much later found the cloudy mess of curdled colours,and remembered it. Twisting the cap off i then proceded to fish out each figure from this rather cloudy snot, and then swished them about in a large plastic bowl filled with cold water. The 50 year-old paint just fell off in a mixed up twirl instantly! Some use DETOL , but that could attack the plastic,so I do not recommend using it. Neat Thick Bleach I found to be the best,but best left for three or four weeks.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 26 Aug 2016, 02:40

Seeing the 3D Printing topic.

i thought for fun just this once.
i knew of this service offered and on going for years,
so to stretch a funny point i had friends in the Far East down size a few figures for me.
Well quite a lot really. :-D
i received them via airmail today. :thumbup:
Not bad just two days since paying.
Here are just a few.

35mm and 40mm figures and with no expensive thing a me jig required :drool:
So i now have two more copy sizes of Jean Hoeffler figures described as Foot Indians
The originals are rather larger in scale at 54mm. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 26 Aug 2016, 14:43

The Service in Question , is the constant Rip Off of Copyright stuff! BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to Gallery