Miniatures News

Revell - Re-issue's

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 29 Jun 2010, 20:38

Bought a pack of the Russian Infantry a few days ago. Better quality this time. Nearly no flash. :thumbup: Compared the set with the first issue I bought when it came out in the 90s. Exactly the same plastic color....perhaps they stored old sprues and put them in new boxes? :think:

If anyone seeks for a good set of Russian WW2-Infantry with natural poses and proportions, then this is it. The sculpts were made by Preiser for Revell. The only "strange" and badly casted pose for me is the guy crawling while holding something that looks like a salami...but I think this shall be a PPSh submachine gun.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by zzed on 29 Jun 2010, 23:04

I bought Siberian infantry few days ago (new brown box), and yes - there is a huge amount of flash to be cleaned. Only for hardcore modellers to vaste their insufficient time.
As I don't have previous production example, I also suspect that the detail is shallowed. Only comfort is that I bought it at a higher price than previous Revell's kits, some kind of record in price terms is achieved.

I don't think I will buy WW1 Germans from them (brown boxed).

Bye, bye, Revell... rest in piece
zzed  Croatia

Posted by ModernKiwi on 30 Jun 2010, 02:15

I have an older set of the British Para's (sold in the combo set with the Comet tank), and the flash is very definately present (and annoying). They don't compare too well to the Esci set that is for sure.
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Posted by WULT on 30 Jun 2010, 11:43

T. Dürrschmidt wrote:Bought a pack of the Russian Infantry a few days ago. Better quality this time. Nearly no flash. :thumbup: Compared the set with the first issue I bought when it came out in the 90s. Exactly the same plastic color....perhaps they stored old sprues and put them in new boxes? :think:

If anyone seeks for a good set of Russian WW2-Infantry with natural poses and proportions, then this is it. The sculpts were made by Preiser for Revell. The only "strange" and badly casted pose for me is the guy crawling while holding something that looks like a salami...but I think this shall be a PPSh submachine gun.

I bought them too! They are very good!
WULT  

Posted by WULT on 30 Jun 2010, 11:48

zzed wrote:I bought Siberian infantry few days ago (new brown box), and yes - there is a huge amount of flash to be cleaned. Only for hardcore modellers to vaste their insufficient time.
As I don't have previous production example, I also suspect that the detail is shallowed. Only comfort is that I bought it at a higher price than previous Revell's kits, some kind of record in price terms is achieved.

I don't think I will buy WW1 Germans from them (brown boxed).

Bye, bye, Revell... rest in piece

I alway watch before I buy. Every box of the Siberian infantry I saw, was bad. Really bad! As bad as 100 men for € 1 boxes.
WULT  

Posted by WULT on 30 Jun 2010, 12:04

Revell had always good boxes and very bad ones. The good ones are still good. I think the two minnis shown up there, aren´t both made by revell.
WULT  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Paul on 30 Jun 2010, 16:24

The Observer wrote:Revell has now re-issued these two Sets in the brown boxes:

WW2 British Paratroops
WW2 Russian Infantry

Saw them on a shop today :?

and you didn´t buy them!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :-)
Paul  China

Posted by The Observer on 10 Jul 2010, 17:13

Paul wrote:
The Observer wrote:Revell has now re-issued these two Sets in the brown boxes:

WW2 British Paratroops
WW2 Russian Infantry

Saw them on a shop today :?

and you didn´t buy them!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :-)

Nope- i didn´t buy them!....

WHY???

Look at this:

Reason One: I bought the whole old model kit stuff lately-so no more money spending for available sets for me-hough

Reason Two: I bought -first time ever - some strelets figs (altough my fingers were shaking a bit and my eyes filled with a strange fluid while watching them)-so no more.......(see above)

little hint for those who want the revell figs without flash: In the combi-packs (tank plus infantry) there are always the older casts,wich usually don´t have much flash on them - and you can save money - if you have a use for the included tank kit :thumbup:
The Observer  

Posted by 0wlbear on 11 Jul 2010, 10:01

Thanks for that tip :D
I just ordered siberian riflemen with the guarantee that I'll be allowed to look inside the box first. If I don't leek what I see I'll buy a combopack and try to get rid of the tank...
0wlbear  Netherlands

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News