Miniatures News

The Plastic Soldier - WW2 Soviets

Posted by Shaun on 22 Apr 2010, 01:30

Thanks tony :thumbup: . It certainly explains the lack of publicity over what could be a a really good set to this hobby.
Shaun  Australia

Posted by edchew on 28 Apr 2010, 03:43

By the way, Plastic soldier should consider British Paras, Italians - preferably european uniforms, Hungarians and Rumanians as well. There are so few (or even none) manufacturers out there for the above miniatures.

One cant seem to recreate a fullscale Stalingrad scenario presently.
edchew  Malaysia

Posted by Lääkintämies on 28 Apr 2010, 15:27

We are still lacking plastic set of early war russians in winter uniform (with mitrehat(Right word?)! ) :( Okay, you can use Strelets winter civil war russians mixed with some RKKA 1939-41, but still.
And where the heck are decent winter/continuation war finns? Popedas cast is awfull (and the set is horribly expensive), and Ive managedto find only two 1:72 metal casting miniature companies producing decent figs : <

Or if we come to modern armies, fex.china really deserves more inclusive set of troops than the caesars one. And the middle-eastern armies are still being conspicuously absent, the only option is to use obsolete airfix modern russians (which are overpriced, old and way too small for 1:72).
Lääkintämies  Finland

Posted by Alejandro on 29 Apr 2010, 05:02

I have a question plastic soldiers: will you only make WW2 miniatures?
I want to know if you are going to make meidevals.

Bye.
Alejandro  Argentina

Posted by Fenton on 29 Apr 2010, 06:07

When the company say Hard plastic, will this be plastic like Victrix etc that can be filed and cut?

Ta in advance
Fenton  

Posted by tony on 05 May 2010, 17:47

After speaking to the owner of "a certain shop",he explained to me about the problem with these 1/72 plastic miniatures.It turns out the lad/bloke running the company is not "business savvy" and he is "not tax validated" or words to that effect.
So he said that he not really interested in stocking any,Because he would have to pay tax on each box/sale and lose out on them.
Also the company is not using a "distributer" so hes wanting to sell say 20 boxes of figures,where the shop owner only wants say 12.

I thought these would be out on the 4th yesterday,but a no show.So if any one else has any news ?? please post:).Any images as well would be good:)

Hope this info helps,
Cheers all tony:)
tony  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Al on 06 May 2010, 07:34

Evidently, there has been further delays :cry:
Al  Australia

Posted by Al on 18 May 2010, 10:18

From the director himself:

".... I am scheduled to collect the first cases of booty from the factory a week on wednesday (26th)."

Dated Wednesday 19th May 2010

:cry:
Al  Australia

Posted by sandeburger on 12 Jun 2010, 10:37

My son and I have been collecting metal figures for some time. Metal has become expensive for us, so we recently chose to try out Valiant's range. We are so disappointed and don't know what to do with our figures as they just don't fit in with the rest of our collection. Any ideas on what we could do with our figures? This is such a pity as Valiant's figures are beautiful and the sets are set out for Rapid Fire, the rule set we play.

We've also been wanting to collect Japs, but are not able to afford Japs in metal. We'd gladly join the band of merry men shouting out for Japs. How do we do that:-) Could we rally to get them to manufacture Japs and Australians?

Anyone actually held The Plastic Soldier's Russians? Would really not want to go through the let down we felt with the figures we received from Valiant. Is the Plastic Soldier's figures made of hard plastic?
sandeburger  

Posted by ModernKiwi on 12 Jun 2010, 13:09

There are a number of sets of WW2 Japanese (NOTE full name) both in and out of production, but I don't think they are too hard to find.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Per ... od=1#Japan lists several of them. I've got the Airfix, Esci, Matchbox and Revell sets and they are all quite nice. The Esci and the Revell ones go together rather well as do the Matchbox and Airfix sets.

As for Australian's, they're a bit rarer, but lets face it. Apart from the hat, there's very little to distinguish them at 1/72nd scale from WW2 British.

Hope that helps. I am still looking forward to the PSC's Russians.
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Posted by tony on 13 Jun 2010, 08:18

**UPDATE 9TH JUNE 2010**

Nearly there, plastic lovers!

I spent Monday at the factory doing test shots and they are looking good. The tool needs a little tweaking but we are aiming to be in production next week.

I feel Stalin had less hassle moving the bulk of the Soviet industrial base east of the Urals in 1941 than I am having producing toy soldiers.

Next bulletin - Tuesday 15th June

Na zdorovje, Comrades!

Will Townshend

Found this update on the website,all though for myself i am rapidly losing interest in this company.

Cheers all tony :-D
tony  United Kingdom

Posted by Shaun on 15 Jun 2010, 04:58

June 15th and awaiting the good news :-D

I want PSC to succeed. I think PSC will listen and liase with us scince theyve already made their presence known to us (I hope)

@sandeburger. I think we ought to create a whole new thread demanding some ww2 Japanese and Australians ;-)
Shaun  Australia

Posted by Shaun on 16 Jun 2010, 15:00

**UPDATE 16TH JUNE 2010**

Still tool-tweaking (stop sniggering!)

Next bulletin - Monday 21st June

Na zdorovje, Comrades!

Will Townshend

Shouldnt be long now :-D
Shaun  Australia

Posted by Al on 19 Jun 2010, 00:21

Hi guys, I've been away for a while. Anyway, I must say, I've found these recent updates for this set a bit um... confusing/misleading? Earlier posts/updates sort of led me to assume that the manufacturer was simply awaiting delivery from whomsoever, but now there is talk of mould tweaking, etc, which seems to suggest that delivery is a long way off yet. I don't mean to be too harsh on the company, just, well, unsure of exactly where the whole process is at. I certainly admire what they are trying to do, and wish them well, but must say I'm beginning to have my doubts. Of course there are factors in play that are beyond their ability to control, but again, the updates have only added confusion. Absolutely no offence intended!

My sincerest best wishes
:-D
Al
Al  Australia

Posted by tony on 21 Jun 2010, 17:27

Eh up!! Al mate,sorry if i am "confusing matters" for you and everyone else :( .I check their website and then copy/paste any info/news "PSC" may have posted.

I am as excited :jumping: as everyone else about this range of plastic russians,but i do agree theres an awful lot of "tool tweaking" going on.Be nice if "PSC" could give us a definite "release date",because i am rapidly losing patience and interest.
What would be better is if the owner posted more concrete information for us.

Sorry for the confusion again,

Cheers tony :-D
tony  United Kingdom

Posted by tony on 26 Jun 2010, 20:50

After checking their site for more info i came across this message.

**UPDATE 24TH JUNE 2010**

Quick update - Trip to factory tomorrow for re-testing of tool, fingers crossed..............

Will give fuller update over the weekend when I've drawn breath

Will Townshend.

Seems to me to be a pointless post :cry: ,and i will make this the "last post" put up by me :cry: .I really have lost interest in "PSC" now and will go get more Ceasar figures :-D ,with the money i had put aside for "PSC".

Cheers all tony :-D.

P.S For me this thread could be closed,because it will give me more to comment on other articles on the site and do some work as well.
tony  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 27 Jun 2010, 20:04

I will give PSC a try, for it is good to have some convertible hard plastic stuff. But all those "wait-just-another-short-week-informations" are beginning to get me bored. Bring the figs on the market when they are ready and in good quality. Nothing more. In the meanwhile we all have enough stuff to play and paint with. :-)
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by miniaturezone on 27 Jun 2010, 21:03

Well, I hope they're available soon too but I'll give the guy a chance.

I get the impression it's a one-man operation, but I might be wrong - does anyone know him or can anyone confirm that ?

Even if he has delays up until next year, it's always nice to see new stuff on the market.

To be frank, it's no big deal to me if they come out now or next year, if they're decent sets of figures I'll buy at least one set.

I'm certainly not going to be upset if they don't come out next week because even if I live to be a thousand years old, I still have a stash of enough other figures waiting to be painted to keep me occupied through the years :lol:

HaT seemed to have the same problem on various occasions too if I remember right - the Hanomag immediately springs to mind.
miniaturezone  

Posted by ModernKiwi on 28 Jun 2010, 01:32

miniaturezone wrote:...HaT seemed to have the same problem on various occasions too if I remember right - the Hanomag immediately springs to mind.

Hanowhat? I don't think that such a thing exists... :lol:

And I too am happy enough to wait for the Red Army to turn up. It's not as if there are sh..edloads of other Soviet troops to pick from.
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Posted by musketier on 28 Jun 2010, 05:41

How about some pictures of the figures?
patiently awaiting Kiwi's posting of ww2 British paras :mrgreen:
musketier  United States of America

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News