Miniatures News

The Plastic Soldier - WW2 Soviets

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 13 Aug 2010, 16:55

Good looking set so far!
Nice to see many figures with pilotkas! :thumbup:
There are even spare heads sporting that cap.
Perfect material for me - I prefer hard plastic for converting, etc. and the set is partly a multipose one anyway.
Sculpting seems good: correct anatomy & nice detail on weapons, uniforms & faces.
I feared that these could have been some of these typical bulky & blobbish wargaming gnomes, but it looks like I will order 1-3 sets, will wait for a full review & some comparison pics somewhere on the net though.
57 hard plastic figures for 10 quid (at their HP) is fine for me! Good quality may be a bit more expensive.
Their height is alright as well & these should mix well with my Esci, Pegasus & Preiser soviets.
Really like many of the lively & natural poses:
the advancing guys e.g. & the woman of course

The only thing one could whine about is that the first 3 kneeling guys look a little flat in this preview, but I hope that they just appear like that on this PSR photo.

A very promising first set from a new manufacturer!
Keep up the good work!!! :thumbup:

Regards
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by ModernKiwi on 14 Aug 2010, 00:13

Hmmm, maybe a little stocky, but looks fairly nice. I could definitely see me ordering some.
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Posted by tony on 31 Aug 2010, 13:12

"**UPDATE 30th August 2010**

Full production on the 1/72nd Russians starts monday 6th September.

Hiding our light under a bushell, we have quietly been getting on with tooling the 28mm Russians in Summer Uniform set and we are very nearly ready. Come and see us at Border Reiver in Newcastle on the 4th September and Partizan II at Newark on the 5th, they may be joining us. For soft southerners, like myself, we can be found plying our wares at Colours, Newbury Racecourse 11th/12th September.

As soon as the 28mm are available for mail order I will splash announcements on this website and various forums.

I will also shortly be doing the first newsletter which will outline in more detail sets in the pipeline and their progress."

Thought this may interest every one,had not meant to go back to the website :( but thought i should pass on the news.
cheers tony.
tony  United Kingdom

Posted by Fire at Will on 13 Oct 2010, 17:01

After much waiting I acquired a pack of the Russian Summer Infantry by Plastic Soldier at the Derby show. Really excellent figures and they assembled very easily. I gave them a quick paint job in the style of the rest of the army, but finished off with a wash to bring out the details

The figures at either end are part of my existing collection, which are mainly plastic copies (on right) of the Esci hard plastic Russians (on left). I suspect my decision will depend on the contents of the support pack when it appears.

I'm very impressed, but in a dilemma what to do as I already have sufficient Russians(?), they could just do with a tidy up and rebase after more than 20 years service
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by Alois Nebel on 14 Oct 2010, 17:31

Could you please post bigger pictures of some single figures?

V.
Alois Nebel  Czech Republic

Posted by closerlookbooks on 14 Oct 2010, 18:40

I purchased a box and received them last week. I spent some time "cleaning" them up only to discover there was very little cleaning up to do. These are among the cleanest models right off the sprue I have ever seen. And the sculpting is amazing with very detailed expressions on the faces. They are well proportioned, and they are the very hard plastic that makes them easy to clean up—whatever there may be. These are real winners and ahead of many in the pack. I plan to order whatever else they produce also.
closerlookbooks  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by marc zijp on 14 Oct 2010, 23:01

Can somebody say how they mingle with other Russian infantry sets, let's say Pegasus summer, Revell, Preisser tankriders or Esci?
marc zijp  

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News