Miniatures News

Crynsminiaturen Ancient Rowing Boats

Posted by Cryns on 17 Oct 2020, 11:11

Dear forum members, here is the first model in a series of 3 different ancient rowing boats.

Image

Description: Mediterranean rowing boat for fishing, coastal trading or river navigation. Fitting all periods between 1000BC and 1500AD

It also fits the design of Indian Ocean fishingboats and coastal traders from ancient times upto modern days.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Productinfo:
https://crynsminiaturen.nl/large-rowing-boat/

Catalogue:
https://crynsminiaturen.nl/
User avatar
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business
 
Posts: 1186
Member since:
11 Nov 2015, 15:33


Posted by Kekso on 18 Oct 2020, 09:38

There is a party on the front part of the boat and hard work on the rest of it :D :D :D
I'm impressed... weathering of the boat is top notch.
User avatar
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)
Bronze Brush winner
 
Posts: 5614
Member since:
19 Oct 2011, 18:32

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 18 Oct 2020, 12:19

I like everything, the boat, the figures and of course your paint job!! :yeah: :-D
User avatar
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece
Silver Brush winner
 
Posts: 980
Member since:
14 Feb 2016, 18:16

Posted by Wiking on 19 Oct 2020, 04:28

Great modelling of the boat and the figures.
Super painting for all of it.
Great background and the use of the light effect make the feeling of the hot burning sun at sea.

Cryns wrote:
It also fits the design of Indian Ocean fishingboats and coastal traders from ancient times upto modern days.

The same came to my mind during I run first across all pictures.
User avatar
Wiking  Germany
 
Posts: 2435
Member since:
14 Sep 2015, 10:03

Posted by Bluefalchion on 19 Oct 2020, 04:55

I just noticed the figures in the front drinking from jugs and I got really thirsty!
User avatar
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 2641
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by Ben90 on 19 Oct 2020, 08:22

Beautiful work, sculpting and painting!
User avatar
Ben90  Germany
 
Posts: 1259
Member since:
28 Apr 2011, 23:32

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 19 Oct 2020, 09:24

Looks just as expected: amazing! Having a party in a boat could be wet ...
User avatar
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 6823
Member since:
19 Feb 2008, 12:10

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Oct 2020, 13:13

It is all cool stuff,and cloths on them now do open up a wider area of demand for them,a something i mentioned many years ago to you. Which was not received at all well. Ancient History can become a cause creating a log-pile jam where painting toy figures is concerned,and in this i guess you will little understand or agree with?

However saying that ,we all have to learn though with the passing of time,especially myself sat here with twine aplenty running through my ship rigging enterprising fingers.

A good Price,
Sure you have earned it throughout all your costly adventures and therefore i hope, and sincerely wish you have every success in launching all your flat bottom boats for sale.
Now i looked into it and,your shipping costs are crippling,
and my best insurance is that of my PayPal Account! BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 7421
Member since:
03 Sep 2013, 14:45

Posted by Bluefalchion on 19 Oct 2020, 19:42

PM would be best BB.

These boats are not for casual collectors or DIY aces like our dear Paul aka Beano Boy.

They are for serious modelors in the market for world-class items hand crafted down to the minutest detail.
User avatar
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 2641
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Oct 2020, 02:14

i disagree one hundred percent bluefulchion,and that suggestion of e-mailing is your opinion,which i see as your right to mention,but clearly concerning it, it is not a directive i wish to follow or indeed have to.
I simply checked out his Link provided here by himself to his shop, which was posted to direct attention to it. That is called emotive language of advertising aimed at anyone in the hobby.
As to others collective interests i bare no sway upon that or indeed did not imply any either because i never made mention of it. So that is your opinion again within the written language of good communication skills. Well done.

Hand crafted most certainly,and now with cloths on too,and i gave him full credit for that along with the price he earned,so please tell me what part of my comment is so wrong? Or am i missing something else?

Along with my opinion of him understanding what a log pile jam is,there certainly is nothing written by myself that is not true. The log jam in question caused a delay in production, and that is what is meant by referring to that Metafore within written English. So that cannot be wrong either can it?

The price of postage costs are crippling meaning very high. That certainly is a fact too, so cannot be wrong to mention that fact either, can it ?
My PayPal Account i referred too is an insured fact under Licence of law with that Universal Banking system. So was it wrong to mention that in layman's terms ?

As i have a large collection of flat bottom ships myself there was no malice intended in my comment either. His flat bottom boats are a fact,and worthy of a mention,and i sincerely wished that he has success with them. So why the objection of what i wrote? Was it all wrong? If it was and still is,then i wasted four years of my life in Collage studying English,and indeed teaching it later on in life.

:coffee: Oh Yes, i never made mention to his name because of his rather clear directive ,not too. That is in this Forums history. Another fact. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 7421
Member since:
03 Sep 2013, 14:45

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Oct 2020, 02:39

:coffee: It has been so long ago studying within the world of Adult Education that silly me, i made note of collage and not college, :oops: a finger tapping dance that for certain was wrong! So i decided any who noticed that has earned a debatable point of the highest degree! :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 7421
Member since:
03 Sep 2013, 14:45

Posted by Kekso on 20 Oct 2020, 11:00

Ok guys. You gave your opinion abut prices and I presume producer has noted it.
And I think it is ok to say your opinion. Now it is his business decision whether he would change it or not.

But now I must kindly ask not to escalate this discussion anymore because it isn't the topic.
Thank you. Enjoy your hobby and have fun.
User avatar
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)
Bronze Brush winner
 
Posts: 5614
Member since:
19 Oct 2011, 18:32

Posted by C M Dodson on 20 Oct 2020, 16:10

Hello Mr C.

It is nice to see your hard work and endeavours come to fruition.

The catalogue looks lovely and the Tyros background is fabulous.

Brilliant stuff.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 1460
Member since:
01 May 2015, 18:48

Posted by Bluefalchion on 20 Oct 2020, 16:32

Fair points, BB. But the seller is looking for customers and you could have made them in a PM.

I suspect many of these boats will be sold to professors or instructors in University Antiquities deprtments. If so, the school can foot the bill and he should be charging double.
User avatar
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 2641
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Oct 2020, 09:52

Yes double,i like that idea Bluefalchion,and you could be right about the other one too.
Dalibor, you are very wise and very correct. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 7421
Member since:
03 Sep 2013, 14:45

Posted by Cryns on 23 Oct 2020, 17:41

Gentlement thank you for all the replies. My compliments to Kekso for the way you manage this thread and keep the subject and the good vibes in control. I am glad you are still there.

Wiking wrote:The same came to my mind during I run first across all pictures.

I have not forgotten your work on a very nice Asian Junk that can be seen here somwhere in this forum.
My boat which is shown here has been based upon different sources.
Classical Greek: https://www.theoi.com/Gallery/N11.2.html
Late Imperial Roman: https://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/field/image/Romans-whaling.jpg
Medieval Byzantine https://siglindesarts.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/11th-c-italian-fishermen.jpg
Nowadays India: https://res.cloudinary.com/fleetnation/image/private/c_fit,w_1120/g_south,l_text:style_gothic2:%C2%A9%20paul%20anderson,o_20,y_10/g_center,l_watermark4,o_25,y_50/v1522696942/tudtgvqqayx9iislawa8.jpg

Wiking wrote:light effect make the feeling of the hot burning sun at sea.

That is sunlight reflected in a mirror that was positioned at waterlevel only some centimeters from the model which was in the shade.

Bluefalchion wrote:I got really thirsty!

How did you quench?

Bluefalchion wrote:many of these boats will be sold to professors or instructors in University Antiquities deprtments.

You should be my PR & Sales manager. How busy are you at the moment?

Beano Boy wrote:your shipping costs

Until last year there was the option of sending small orders in a postbox-package with a maximum thickness of about 1inch. Unfortunately PostNL removed that option for international shipping last winter. Probably because it did not cover the expenses. A real drawback for colleagues of mine who used to ship lots of very flat items (like laser cut board and small figurines in a DVD hardcover) around the world.

Beano Boy wrote:cloths on them now do open up a wider area of demand for them,a something i mentioned many years ago to you. Which was not received at all well.

That must be a misunderstanding.
I made those nude figurines as dummies with the aim to dress metal copies of them in various outfits for various historic periods. That was the plan since the beginning and that is what I still do.
User avatar
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business
 
Posts: 1186
Member since:
11 Nov 2015, 15:33

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 23 Oct 2020, 18:11

Cryns wrote:I made those nude figurines as dummies with the aim to dress metal copies of them in various outfits for various historic periods. That was the plan since the beginning and that is what I still do.


I'm very happy that they exist, so I was able to use two of them in my "Fallen" vignette. ;-)
Have a nice weekend! :yeah: :-D
User avatar
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece
Silver Brush winner
 
Posts: 980
Member since:
14 Feb 2016, 18:16

Posted by Cryns on 24 Oct 2020, 12:48

Have a nice weekend too dear Kostis!

ANCIENT ROWING BOAT MEDIUM

This is the second model in a series of three ancient rowing boats.

Image

Image

Description: Mediterranean rowing boat for fishing, rivernavigation or as lifeboat. Fitting all periods between 800BC and 1500AD

Productinfo: https://crynsminiaturen.nl/medium-rowing-boat/

Catalogue: https://crynsminiaturen.nl/
User avatar
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business
 
Posts: 1186
Member since:
11 Nov 2015, 15:33

Posted by Susofrick on 27 Oct 2020, 08:35

I think they have a philosophic discussion over the heads of the rowers! Very nice figures! And the boat? Very nice too!
User avatar
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 6823
Member since:
19 Feb 2008, 12:10

Posted by C M Dodson on 27 Oct 2020, 09:07

Another triumph Mr C.

Beautiful figures boat and picture.
Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 1460
Member since:
01 May 2015, 18:48

Next page

Return to Miniatures News