Miniatures News

Caesar Miniatures

Posted by Bluefalchion on 04 Aug 2020, 13:24

Whatever happened to Caesar Miniatures? They have not released a new set in years, and now it seems their website is gone?
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by PaulRPetri on 04 Aug 2020, 18:12

Oh no that doesn't sound good. And here I lived in hope they would reissue their undead skeletons and dwarves set.
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by marc zijp on 04 Aug 2020, 20:10

That might actually be bad news indeed. Perhaps not a complete surprise, but one could always hope they might come back one day.
Their policy was perhaps strange. They have the name they only made ww2 Germans, but have a look at PSR and you’ll find out that it is not true. Lot of ancients and modern. And talking about those ww2 Germans: I’m actually quite happy with a lot of these sets. Two full sets with German gun crews: very helpful! Finally the opportunity to create full crews for a gun instead of just two or three.
Oh yes: they had their flaws. Just like all companies have.

They were not very communicative. That did not help to understand certain choices. And perhaps we will never know what happened?
marc zijp  

Posted by Emperor on 04 Aug 2020, 20:16

I was hoping for that Byzantium set they announced...
Emperor  

Posted by Bluefalchion on 04 Aug 2020, 22:26

Caesar's last few sets were all WW2 Germans, many of them small sets. Possibly a desperate attempt to find some profitability? Also their operations could have been disrupted by the pandemic. Finally, PSR says the new First to Fight figures are all made in the same multi-part mould as the Caesar figures, so perhaps their sculptor changed jobs.

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 04 Aug 2020, 23:09

Bluefalchion wrote:Caesar's last few sets were all WW2 Germans, many of them small sets.

Not entirely correct, I‘m afraid.

Caesar 2018 releases:
H099 - WWII German Tank Riders (camo jackets)
H101 - Modern Mid-East Militia (Iraq & Syria)
H102 - Modern Western Tank Crews Set 1
H103 - Modern US Army Tank Crews and Armored Force
;-)

I very much hope it is still too early for Caesars swan song.
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 04 Aug 2020, 23:13

I hope this news of the commercial death of Caesar Miniatures is fake. For me, theirs are the best figures right now on the market, not only for their variety and perfect sculpture, but for the plastic used, which allows easy conversions of those that I love so much. :winky:

Bluefalchion wrote:...PSR says the new First to Fight figures are all made in the same multi-part mould as the Caesar figures, so perhaps their sculptor changed jobs.

I admit I haven’t seen the new First to Fight figures yet, but the quality of the ones shown on the PSR website is light years away from that of Caesar Miniatures. :(

Let's pray for they remain in this world and continues making the happiness of many of us. Long live Caesar Miniatures for many more years! :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Ben Bob on 05 Aug 2020, 00:19

I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Their website is still active for me. Did you try this one? http://www.minitoysoldier.com/m/index.asp

Also their facebook page (under the name Miniknight) is still active, including posts just last week.

It seems to me that they released some sets not very long ago as well.
Ben Bob  United States of America

Posted by Bluefalchion on 05 Aug 2020, 05:06

Oh good, I hope they keep going. And re-release some of their older stuff. So much volume, variety and quality.

Oops! Followed your link, Ben, but it was to an online seller of many different brands. The actual Caesar miniatures website is down. Or at least the link to it from PSR is broken. O dear.

Posted by sberry on 05 Aug 2020, 08:04

I really like their style of sculpting and the quality of their casts. And they have a range of unusual themes not found elsewhere - before the switch to almost WWII Germans only.
It would be a pity when they are gone. But the latest releases are from 2018, according to the list at PSR.
sberry  Germany

Posted by Brok_Santatusca on 05 Aug 2020, 22:12

Oh, i loved their fantasy stuff and hope they re-release it :)
Brok_Santatusca  Europe

Posted by Peter on 06 Aug 2020, 12:58

Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 06 Aug 2020, 14:19

This is the same link Ben Bob supplied. Minitoysoldier is an online shop that sells miniatures from several different manufacturers, including Caesar. It does not appear to be Caesar Miniatures website.

Posted by Ben Bob on 06 Aug 2020, 20:04

Bluefalchion wrote:This is the same link Ben Bob supplied. Minitoysoldier is an online shop that sells miniatures from several different manufacturers, including Caesar. It does not appear to be Caesar Miniatures website.

But the website banner and the copyright statement both say Caesar miniatures!
Ben Bob  United States of America

Posted by Bluefalchion on 06 Aug 2020, 23:30

And yet there is no list of sets, no future projects, no pictures of masters, or anything that the Caesar miniatures site used to have.

Posted by Bormac on 07 Aug 2020, 10:40

Bluefalchion wrote:And yet there is no list of sets, no future projects, no pictures of masters, or anything that the Caesar miniatures site used to have.

I didn't checked "old" Caesar website recently (before it closing), but as far as I remember it wasn't updated for few years. Something changed in recent years?

Caesar Miniatures information policy is weird (and communicating with them is hard - I think, that all, who tried, would agree to that), but theirs Facebook official page still exists (https://www.facebook.com/caesarminiknight/) - all new sets from last few years (since 2013) were shown on FB. Last news on the "old" website were (as far as I remember) about few sets releaed in 2012 (WWII US Paratroopers, etc).

Maybe, instead of speculating, try to direct contact Caesar Miniatures and ask if they still exist. ;)

Their e-mail address: ourminiknight@gmail.com
or via Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/caesarminiknight/
Bormac  Poland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Brok_Santatusca on 07 Aug 2020, 13:54

1/72 companies have some of the weirdest marketing/communication i've ever seen :mad: :xd: :eh:

Especially when you compare it to the modern, dynamic marketing of many small 28mm companies :-D
Brok_Santatusca  Europe

Posted by Bluefalchion on 07 Aug 2020, 15:12

Bormac wrote:
I didn't checked "old" Caesar website recently (before it closing), but as far as I remember it wasn't updated for few years. Something changed in recent years?

Caesar Miniatures information policy is weird (and communicating with them is hard - I think, that all, who tried, would agree to that), but theirs Facebook official page still exists (https://www.facebook.com/caesarminiknight/) - all new sets from last few years (since 2013) were shown on FB. Last news on the "old" website were (as far as I remember) about few sets releaed in 2012 (WWII US Paratroopers, etc).

Maybe, instead of speculating, try to direct contact Caesar Miniatures and ask if they still exist. ;)

Their e-mail address: ourminiknight@gmail.com
or via Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/caesarminiknight/

Done and awaiting a response. I will report if any is given.

Posted by Peter on 07 Aug 2020, 16:57

I join BB drinking coffee! :coffee:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 08 Aug 2020, 14:28

No response yet. I did not get a notice that the email was undeliverable.

Next page

Return to Miniatures News