Miniatures News

Alliance news & releases 2020 - 2023

Posted by PhilC on 03 Jan 2021, 15:09

Cover art for the Rangers.

PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by carlosfaro on 03 Jan 2021, 19:55

Great news...
These Rangers Will be for me Split between ithilien Gondorians Rangers, some elvish reinforcement and the goT nIght Watch.
The black knights hopefully can be used as Nazgul por some evil-chaos cavalry or evem undead/Vampire

As O had already converted by myself many figures with these goals, first I thought It was bad luck to become these new sets now, but in truth It is more likely for me to have a great chance to expand all that Areas
carlosfaro  

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 04 Jan 2021, 01:47

While the rangers are neat, I really like the barbarian aspect of the cyclops. I might try to convert some to make some kind of Troy Total War pseudo-grounded-in-reality unit.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Curefan on 04 Jan 2021, 02:40

Hello all,

I have not posted anything in quite some time but I have to say that I am extremely excited about these new releases. I am a huge fan of 1/72 figures, Especially fantasy. I am currently massing huge armies on both sides by collecting ten (10) boxes of each release along with ten of each Caesar fantasy. Someday I plan on creating my own game with simple dice. An example would be that two combatants face each other in battle, two twenty sides dice are rolled and whomever has the highest number wins. There could be adjustment based on type of armor worn, one or two weapons, etc. Would anyone have any ideals they would mind throwing out there? This is just in the most basic of stages still. I am also getting two (2) boxes of each set of soldiers (any without guns or gunpowder) from every manufacturer. As you can see this is a huge undertaking and I plan on this being a major pastime in my eventual retirement. There are also other makes and models, but I could go on all night!! :). Thanks so much.

Eli Caldwell
Curefan  United States of America

Posted by zirrian on 05 Jan 2021, 15:38

Curefan wrote: Would anyone have any ideals they would mind throwing out there?

I'd say take a look at One Page Rules or Kings of War - you would have more than enough figures for big battles.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by steve_pickstock on 05 Jan 2021, 16:59

Have a look at Dragon Rampant by Osprey Publications - cheap, simple(ish), flexible rules that pretty much do everything you need.
steve_pickstock  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by carlosfaro on 06 Jan 2021, 16:21

steve_pickstock wrote:Have a look at Dragon Rampant by Osprey Publications - cheap, simple(ish), flexible rules that pretty much do everything you need.

Funny.. I just got Today a copy as a present from the Three Wise Men (They are Who bring still most Christmas gifts un Spain on 6th Jan, although Santa Claus made already a Big concurrence on Christmas day..)
Hope to test Game system Soon! Looks easy
carlosfaro  

Posted by steve_pickstock on 06 Jan 2021, 18:08

carlosfaro wrote:Funny.. I just got Today a copy as a present from the Three Wise Men (They are Who bring still most Christmas gifts un Spain on 6th

What a good idea! We should have that in England! Wait! Oh yes! I remember now, my wife found some books I bought before Christmas and I pretended that the Three Wise Men had brought them for me, Damn!

carlosfaro wrote:Hope to test Game system Soon! Looks easy

It is! The gamers I play with love it. Easy enough to learn quickly but there is enough to the system that it makes you think hard about what you are going to do.
Plus you can use any figures in your collection with the game just fit them into the categories as you want them. For example I have a unit of Sea People that I use with my Egyptian Tomb Kings. They can be either zombies (having been struck down by Pharoah and re-animated as his servants in the after-life) or Bellicose foot - paid employees that are ferocious killing machines.
Have fun!
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Brok_Santatusca on 09 Jan 2021, 19:08

those new Alliance releases look awesome! Great to see more and more fantasy 1/72 being released :)
Brok_Santatusca  Europe

Posted by steve_pickstock on 21 Feb 2021, 12:03

The new Alliance sets including the Dark Riders, are on Hannants as Future Releases, so you can tag them with your email address and receive a notification when they are available to buy. No images from the Dark Riders yet but the Anubis warriors:

Sooooo looking forwards to these! :P
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by steve_pickstock on 28 Feb 2021, 21:08

From VK Club

All very nice indeed, the Ring Wraith types are really nice, but it reminds me of a conversation I overheard in a Games Workshop store.
Shop Assistant to teenage male customer: No! You can't have twelve Ringwraiths.
Customer: Why not?
Assistant: Because it says so in the book!
Customer: What book?
Everybody else in the shop: Seriously?
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 01 Mar 2021, 00:25

Okay these latest minis are fantastic. I'm thinking of starting 1/72 fantasy now... Those ring wraiths, wow.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Graeme on 01 Mar 2021, 02:12

Ring Wraiths tend to be depicted either in a way that I like or in a way that I just hate. These are very nice, I like them a lot. That one fourth from the left on the bottom row, who looks like he's blindly reaching for the ring, is just about perfect.,
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Minuteman on 01 Mar 2021, 09:14

This range continues to grow and impress me very much. I'll be buying the two 'LotR' influenced sets, definitely....although, clearly purchasing only one box of Black Riders' since, as Steve observes, 'There can Only be One' (or 'You can Only have One').....the 'book' by the way is surely 'Highlander', isn't it?? :oops: I wonder if the likes of Hannants will be limiting customer orders on this basis?

Is the box of Ring Wraiths the single most 'magically-powerful' box of wargaming* figures ever made in 1/72 scale plastic I wonder??

A set or two of 'Halflings' is clearly a missing element in this range, and would be a welcome addition. Perhaps two sets, one of Halflings in war-like attire and armed, the other of Halflings doing what they do best ie: relaxing, smoking, eating, drinking, and pursuing pastoral and rural tasks.

(* Yes, I realise that these are not just wargaming models...they are good enough for dioramas or display models as well).
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by carlosfaro on 01 Mar 2021, 11:48

Great news,
Soitherm warriors / Rangers are for me a Must .., so beautiful and useful models.

About the Dark Riders I feel a little dissappointed (even if I like them and they Will Come home for sure), Alliance did not Risk at all..justo copies the black clothed Riders forma Peter Jackson or GW.. (even if poses as the extended arma hand are really well done).I Prefer the Bakshi and some other concepts including more armor and helmets...
The Witch King os good for fighting against Eowyn, Two or three of the other Nazgul Will Come as they are to my conversión pack, but they test Will be probably painted in pale blue grey and converted into "generic" no-ring wraiths
carlosfaro  

Posted by Brok_Santatusca on 10 Mar 2021, 10:13

Wow, awesome sets! Nice to see more and more Fantasy incoming
Brok_Santatusca  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by dykio on 11 Mar 2021, 12:14

:drool: :drool: Everytime there is alliance news i'm almost as exited as i was when the films came out :-D :yeah: And it looks like the 6th figure from the top row of the "black riders"is the mouth of sauron (or can be used like that)

So next gondorions? hobbits? ents? haradrim elephants?

a box with the main caracters would also be very welcome....

Laterrrr

Dykio
dykio  Netherlands

Posted by bothree69 on 11 Mar 2021, 13:44

does anyone know when they will have to go out ... precisely ??
bothree69  Italy

Posted by DickerThomas on 22 Mar 2021, 10:52

Figures are now available at Linear-A :xd: :xd:
DickerThomas  Germany

Posted by Michael Robert on 23 Mar 2021, 20:24

Agree with you, these figures look brilliant. While I am not really interested in fantasy many of the figures are really useful eslsewhere, Steppe warriors, corsairs and now these southern rangers. These can go as some militia or Robin Hood and companions. By the way, am I hallucinating or the 3rd and 6th in upper row, the archers; these are warrioresses, no?
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News