Miniatures News

Mars 2020 news

Posted by Bluefalchion on 12 Sep 2020, 20:38

@marc zijp--

Those US Paras look really good. If reduced in size down to 1/72 scale, how much of the fine detail is preserved? I am especially in love with the boots, weapons, and mesh helmet covers.

I see that one of the figures is depicted as African-American. In fact there were such soldiers during this era, recruited and trained in identical fashion to their fellows. However, as paratroops were considered the elites, the African-American paratroops were kept in segregated units and never deployed overseas.

They were deployed to locate and diffuse balloon bombs sent by the Japanese, and to fight wildland fires. The unit served with great distinction, and several died heroically in action.

Nevertheless, they were still ordered to the back of the bus in favor of white German POWs.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by marc zijp on 12 Sep 2020, 21:43

I mentioned the African-American to so thanks for the additional information Bluefalchion.
Well at least all the poses are fine so let’s wait what become of them in our scale.
marc zijp  

Posted by marc zijp on 18 Sep 2020, 21:04

Sprues Fallschirmjäger tropical uniform.
Not related to this set, but just as a positive side note: I had a look at psr for the annual production of 1/72 plastic soldiers. It’s mid September now and already 51 sets out! Regarding the difficult worldwide situation we’re all in I think we don’t have to complain about our hobby. On the contrary.

And still a few moths to go.... :-D

marc zijp  

Posted by marc zijp on 20 Oct 2020, 18:52

It’s not unlikely that I will buy a set. Depends on how details (rifles etc.) will be. But I like the full in action poses.
marc zijp  

Posted by Bluefalchion on 20 Oct 2020, 19:06

A bazooka team! At last!

Those look really really good on the box. Now let's see the mass production results...
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News