Miniatures News

Linear-A news & releases 2020 - 2024

Posted by MABO on 28 Jan 2021, 23:58

Santi Pérez wrote:I'm waiting for my Minoans, MABO. Could you tell me if the real figures inside the box are so good as the original masters looked? Thanks in advance. ;-)

Santi.

Yes they are good, but mine had some flesh, which I did not expect from this producer. But maybe your are better.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by stephane42 on 29 Jan 2021, 07:10

I buy them too...they are wonderfull !!
stephane42  France

Posted by Santi Pérez on 29 Jan 2021, 20:26

MABO wrote:Yes they are good, but mine had some flesh, which I did not expect from this producer. But maybe your are better.

stephane42 wrote:I buy them too...they are wonderfull !!

Thank you very much for your appreciated information, mates. I sadly already noticed also the undesirable flash in the Roman Legion set 1. It's really a pity, because of the plastic used by this manufacturer, that makes very difficult to remove the flash with a sharped blade without damaging the figure. :(

I hope I’m lucky and my set doesn’t have too much. :thumbup:

Best regards.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by MABO on 30 Jan 2021, 13:26

Here you see the first Master of the upcomming set:

#045 The Army of Pyrrhus of Epirus
INFANTRY ALLIES / MERCENARIES Set 2
3rd Century BC

And also the new Mini-Sets dealing with the Napoleonic era can be expected soon, it seems.
MABO  Europe

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 31 Jan 2021, 03:49

I believe this will be the first time Ligurians have ever been sold in 1/72 form before. Linear-A really are committing to filling out missing minis in 1/72 ancients huh?
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Kekso on 31 Jan 2021, 08:05

MABO wrote:I just received their Minoians.

I would be interested to see some photos of unpainted figures.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 31 Jan 2021, 09:50

PSR was faster:

My set has more flash but never the less the figs are nice and fills a gap as well.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Misteredd on 31 Jan 2021, 14:38

Very interesting - is there a book about Ligurian warriors? Does Osprey offer something?
Misteredd  

Posted by Michael Robert on 31 Jan 2021, 23:04

Well, these Minoans look sugar-sugar. Probably, I will get them as well. I have no use whatsoever. There are really no wargames to do, are there? You can invent everything. Then, the collection of the box is heraclite, sorry, heteroclite, peasants, royals, palace people, heavies, lights. You have to get creative and add from other periods to create a crowd.
... but I'll get them anyway. The Minoan culture is highly intriguing. Still many riddles, their writing, their sudden disappearance (not completely, but at least the high culture). I remember my visit of the Knossos palace - oh well that was a long time ago when people could visit physically.
The figures also have great conversion potential, and who nows, maybe Linear-A will create a whole universe.
At least our little men give us something to look for
Many greetings
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 01 Feb 2021, 03:19

I know we are not a religious forum.

But Linear-A are doing God's work. No two ways about it.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 01 Feb 2021, 08:03

Bluefalchion wrote:I know we are not a religious forum.

Fortunately!!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 01 Feb 2021, 09:15

I am interested in the Minoans set, mostly the civilians. I think to include some figures or conversions of them, in my Bull leaping vignette. :-D
But almost 20 Euros just for shipping is too expensive for me. :oops:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by linear-A on 01 Feb 2021, 10:13

Hi guys,
We are already planning further sets, now we would like to take you on board and would like to know from you which sets you would like to have or which key topics.
Do not hesitate to address even the most distant topics, we will surely implement one or the other set from your hopefully numerous suggestions.
Cheers
Linear-A
linear-A  Germany

Posted by Misteredd on 01 Feb 2021, 11:09

Dear Linear -B, I suggest to complete the Hannibal Range of troops. Beside those sets made by Hat and Orion there a no Iberian or Celtiberian troops out there. But there were a multiversum of different troop types, fighting styles and armament in the iberian peninsula. I like to see a full set of Iberian Heavy Caetrati. A set of Celtiberian fighters. Lusetanians etc.. Scutarii equipped with the soliferrum etc. Infantery and Cavalery. Do not forget the Cantabrians with their circle fighting style.
Misteredd  

Posted by zirrian on 01 Feb 2021, 13:12

linear-A wrote:Hi guys,
We are already planning further sets, now we would like to take you on board and would like to know from you which sets you would like to have or which key topics.
Do not hesitate to address even the most distant topics, we will surely implement one or the other set from your hopefully numerous suggestions.
Cheers
Linear-A

Strictly ancients? Because if not, then Scottish War of Independence (both Scots and English), but if Ancients only, Celtic civilians would be nice.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Félix on 01 Feb 2021, 19:26

My suggestion or request would be directed on the one hand to classical Greece (Athenian, Spartans, Theban armies ...), and on the other to republican Rome.

In the latter, both the Samnite wars (already contemplated by linear-a), as well as the Punic wars, civil wars (Marius, Sila, Sertorious, Pompey, Cesar), and other types of confrontations such as the Jugurtha War, the War of Mithridates, or the last Macedonian wars.
Félix  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 02 Feb 2021, 00:03

Cheers
Linear-A

Oh my word, thanks for reaching out! Huge fan, love your work. This is like the equivalent of getting a message from Hugh Jackman, if Hugh Jackman was into miniatures.

I'm interested in stuff that 1/72 modelers don't have access to at the moment:

Medieval Indian armies for example - they just don't exist in plastic form at all. Rajput warriors would be fantastic!

Medieval Thai or Burmese or Vietnamese - very different from more mainstream medieval Asian armies, with their brimmed helmets and elaborate crowns. South East Asia just isn't explored.

Medieval Tibetan cataphracts? Dismounted and mounted? I'm just spitballing now.

Chinese Jurchen "iron pagoda" cavalry? Don't have plastic chinese cataphracts yet and these bulky armours look quite different.

Ancient, pre-Samurai Japanese?

Finally, Samurai in leaping, or about to leap action poses. Most Samurai look like they're advancing, how about some about to spring, swords angled for the attack, armour plates outflung from motion? Maybe a commander with the massive hair helmet and the mask? Don't think we've had a hair helmet in plastic form before?
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Graeme on 02 Feb 2021, 01:36

Thanks for asking; I agree with Zirrian, Celtic civilians would be great! More Minoan civilians would also be good.

Any new fighting Celts would also be of interest.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by steve_pickstock on 02 Feb 2021, 02:40

Cheers
Linear-A

I agree with a lot of the suggestions you have already had, and I know I have asked this before, but I would like to see some figures themed around the bull leaping.
If it was a 'big' set, then - bull (and I mean one of those graceful, great aurochs types), one or two leapers to be interchangeable, two athletes wating to go. A noble watching, his wife, some courtiers, and possibly a snake priestess.
Thank you for asking.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by MABO on 02 Feb 2021, 07:25

Hello Linear-a,
I am also voting for generic sets of Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Celtic civilians. Not in one set, of course.

And talking about Napolonics:
Sets with relaxed train troops from the main nations: French, British, Prussians, Russians, maybe Austrians. The only set available like this is: http://plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=201 But I think there are a lot of wagons available, so I think we need more figs for support and camp situations.
MABO  Europe

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News