Miniatures News

Linear-A news & releases 2020 - 2024

Posted by Chariobaude on 02 Feb 2021, 10:57

linear-A wrote:Hi guys,
We are already planning further sets, now we would like to take you on board and would like to know from you which sets you would like to have or which key topics.
Do not hesitate to address even the most distant topics, we will surely implement one or the other set from your hopefully numerous suggestions.
Cheers
Linear-A

I find it hard to believe what I read, it's so wonderful! :yeah: :yeah:
You are the only manufacturer to be inventive, thank you for that !!
As far as my wishes are concerned, since you had the brilliant idea of ​​getting into Justinian's army, don't forget to represent it in all its diversity: extra heavy cavalry (Roman, Armeanian and parthians captured kataphractoi), infantry heavy legionnaires, but also lightly equipped horse archers, Isaurian auxiliaries, to federates of many ethnic groups.
And above all, don't forget their opponents: Goths, Vandal Horsemen (and their Numidian allies), lightly armed Gepids ...
Thank you in advance !!
Chariobaude  France

Posted by Kekso on 02 Feb 2021, 11:01

linear-A wrote: Do not hesitate to address even the most distant topics

Hello Linear-A... since you fulfilling wishes, here's mine : maybe if you could make some figures that will be free of charge... era is less important :xd: :xd: :xd:

Just kidding, I hope you don't mind. ;-) Keep up with good work :thumbup:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Ochoin on 02 Feb 2021, 11:12

Suggestions: decent set of Picts?

Romano-British (perhaps with an Arthurian feel)?

Huns? (there are 2 plastic sets in existence: both woeful)

If we were really fortunate, Babylonians of Bronze Age vintage (Caesar promised them years ago....)

Trojans???? (not sure how you'd interpret them. Hittite-like or Mycenaean Greek-like).

BTW love your Minoans & am really anticipating your Pyrrhic sets (Pyrrhus is my 2021 project)

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by PhilC on 02 Feb 2021, 19:50

Oh oh, you really want us to list EVERYTHING we wish to have ?

If we stick to Ancients, I can write two sublists, a historical one, and one related to mythology :)

1. History

- civilians for all civilisations!
- more biblical armies: Babylonians, Elamites, Hyksos
- Etruscans from the Classical, or Early Roman period
- Thessalian cavalrymen
- Kushites, Saitic Egyptians
- Sarmatian cavalrymen
- Palmyreans
- Justinian Byzantines
- Picts
- Blemmyes and Nobades (that would be a dream come true)

2. Mythology
- generic giant creatures: serpents, scorpions, spiders, rats...
- Greek creatures: Harpies, Gorgona, Pegasus, Cerberus, Tritons... more skellies
- Viking or Germanic creatures: Frost giants, trolls and elves, Fenrir...
- Celtic mythologic creatures: Formorians, ram head serpent, Tuatha de Danann...
- Egyptian creatures and gods

And if we don't stick to Ancients: more precolombian references (Zapotecs, Mixtecs, Tlaxcaltecs, Tarascans...)

I'm sure I forget a few others :)
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by stephane42 on 02 Feb 2021, 21:10

For once a brand of figurine asks what interests us then why deprive ourselves of it ....

For me it will be more ancient civilizations as well of the armies as of the inhabitants of course.
Babylonians, Parthians, Armenians, Egyptians, Nubians ...
the list goes on.
We have yet to go back in time with phehistoric men: Neanderthal and Cro Magnon ...
but it is true that the inhabitants of South America are not very represented: Aztec, Zapoteques Mixtéques, Mayas, Incas ...
and the list is still long ....
can we dream if we ask for plains indians?
:)
stephane42  France

Posted by Tindalos on 02 Feb 2021, 21:43

There's so many figures that would be nice to see, even with how many wonderful sets have been released and are planned.

Hittites, Myrmidons, Meroë, Canaanites, or Dorians would all be wonderful.
And of course it would be great to see more civilian figures, especially with the mini sets. Scribes being dictated to, masons building walls, merchants with wares, shepherds and their flocks. And of course priests of various kinds with altars, similar to the sacrifice before battle set.

And one option which would be incredible, the inhabitants of a Mycenean megaron. King greeting messengers, bodyguards, wives, children.
Tindalos  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Ochoin on 03 Feb 2021, 11:06

I mentioned Troy as a potential topic (above).
Let's think further.

You need to do both sides of the Trojan War.
The Mycenaeans.
There are the perfectly good Caesar Mycs & Newline does some slightly chunkier ones.
So, what could Linear A bring to the party?

Characters. Agamemnon. Achilles, Patrocles, Odysseus. Helen. Named & recognisable Trojan War characters would get attention but to fill a box, a pile of rank 'n' file spearmen would be useful.Think phalanx.

The Trojans.
Nearly everyone does them as Mycenaeans. Go Anatolian. Give them Hittite pointy shoes, longer kilts & a smattering of Hittite helmets mixed with Mycenaean shields etc to show a people influenced East & West. Lots of Trojan spearmen....think phalanx. And, of course, a Priam, a Hector & a Paris.

And if you really wanted a WOW factor, add some larger-than-life gods: Ares & Aphrodite etc. - literally make them 3-5 mms taller.

Anyway, some thoughts.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Michel on 03 Feb 2021, 12:21

Renaissance Civilians! Geman, Dutch, English, Spanish… Children, Craftsmen, poor People, interaktive Scenes
Michel  Germany

Posted by Kelmi on 04 Feb 2021, 11:37

Hello Linear-a,

i have a special interest in civilians, egyptians, minoans, celts, nubians, best of all something like the set of Atlantic "Court of the Pharaoh".
Heroes from the Trojan War would be a dream.
Kelmi  Germany

Posted by linear-A on 05 Feb 2021, 10:43

Hi guys,
First of all, thank you very much for the numerous suggestions and requests.
Of course, this helps us to get better and better, because we want to produce primarily for you and of course we want to differentiate ourselves from the normal standard sets from different manufacturers in quotation marks.
Our focus will continue to be antiquity and it is here that we want to delve much deeper into history than just any other manufacturer. That means we will also deal with topics that may not only have commercial uses at first glance.
But we firmly believe that a very broad production line will appeal to each of you.
Perhaps one or the other of you will be reminded of your childhood dreams or wishes.
Because we were all happy in the past when we could hold a pack of Airfix or Atlantic in our hands, even if historically they were a bit mixed (to put it carefully).
What we would also like to mention are certain design variants of the figures that we cannot always represent due to the shape we would like to. There are natural limits to the shape, we ask that you never forget this. We constantly strive to get the best out of what is technically feasible - we thank you.
In the next few days we will make a few new set announcements on our shop page.
Cheers
Linear-A
linear-A  Germany

Posted by Redmao on 06 Feb 2021, 14:54

Mythological heroes and creatures.
Civilians historical and modern.
Redmao  Canada

Posted by Santi Pérez on 06 Feb 2021, 20:30

Redmao wrote:...Civilians historical and modern.

I agree totally with this suggestion. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by CPN on 06 Feb 2021, 20:46

Hi dear Linear team,

I am personally looking forward to your Prussian cavalry set.
I know it far away from Ancient but since you listed it as 2020 production, I can still accept a 2021 release. ;-)
Thank you for asking.
Cheers
CPN
CPN  France

Posted by Misteredd on 07 Feb 2021, 14:33

Your prolongued sarissas are a big improvement for this oncoming set! Congrats!
Misteredd  

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 07 Feb 2021, 15:26

Misteredd wrote:Your prolongued sarissas are a big improvement for this oncoming set! Congrats!

Talk is about the previously mentioned 028 - Army of Pyrrhus of Epirus Infantry Phalanx Set 1 3rd Century BC :thumbup:

Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 07 Feb 2021, 16:47

Another preview was also unveiled. :thumbup:
033 - Hellenistic Diadochi/Epigonoi - Seleucid Infantry Phalanx Set 1 Battle of Raphia 217 BC

Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 08 Feb 2021, 01:39

Erich von Manstein wrote:Another preview was also unveiled. :thumbup:
033 - Hellenistic Diadochi/Epigonoi - Seleucid Infantry Phalanx Set 1 Battle of Raphia 217 BC

The shorter sarissas were my only complaint of the previous Pyrrhic sets and that's been fixed. I honestly wasn't expecting that, fantastic!

The Seleucid pikemen seem to be differentiated in this case by the plumed helm, but otherwise has the classic Linothorax - a legacy of Alexander's time - but noticeably different from the Pyrrhic tunic and chainmail (possibly taken from Romans or Celts?). Very nice, looks like I'll be starting a few armies soon.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Félix on 08 Feb 2021, 12:46

Sincerely to me personally, these advances have made me happy the beginning of the week.

I am aware of the problems that Linear-a has had to increase the size of their sarissas, and yet I verify that they have succeeded.

I am very eager to start forming my new armies.
Félix  Spain

Posted by Ochoin on 08 Feb 2021, 13:26

I have one phalanx (metal) for my Pyrrhic army. Figures of this quality mean I will embark upon a second, Linear A, phalanx.

Outstanding.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by tom s on 08 Feb 2021, 17:33

these look outstanding and ill be purchasing a lot.do they come ring hand or attached?
tom s  United States of America

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News