Miniatures News

Hat news 2020

Posted by Peter on 13 Jul 2020, 19:14

Plastic Soldier Review wrote:New HaT releases
Some European dealers have started listing some new HaT sets. The ones so far available are:
8320 - American Civil War Command
8326 - Napoleonic Austrian Infantry Marching
8327 - Napoleonic Austrian Infantry Action
8328 - Napoleonic Austrian Infantry Command
8332 - American Civil War Marching (2)
8333 - American Civil War Infantry Sampler
8338 - Austrain Infantry Sampler
8340 - British Heavy and Light Dragoons Sampler

We had expected that three more sets (8307, 8303 and 8319) would also be released at the same time, but it is unclear if these are just slightly delayed or if they will appear in the next batch. Since the figures are all in the released sampler sets, there may be a problem with the boxes, or (more likely) the current chaotic state of international shipping has delayed them and they too will appear at retailers very shortly.
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 13 Jul 2020, 23:52

Very good news. I've been waiting for these ACW figures for months, if no years. :drool:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by MABO on 15 Jul 2020, 06:29

Years, Santi, years... ;-)
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by marc zijp on 22 Sep 2020, 08:34

I don’t visit the hat site often, but every now and then I have a look at the revived Everything Toy soldiers.
But there is some movement in the AWI front and that can be applauded. Perhaps it’s best to have a look for yourself, for I can’t place the whole discussion and developments here (time consuming and actually I stopped with AWI myself for I have too much projects going on).
Nevertheless: I think it’s good to this all!

I can place some pictures of course.
marc zijp  

Posted by marc zijp on 22 Sep 2020, 08:40

Some more.
marc zijp  

Posted by marc zijp on 22 Sep 2020, 08:42

British Legion.
ImageImage
marc zijp  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bessiere on 22 Sep 2020, 22:23

I have 5 or 6 Austrian regiments waiting for command figures to arrive. Eventually they will get to retailers. Christmas I hope?
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 23 Sep 2020, 05:59

Thanks for posting. A new addition to the AWI would be great to have. But having in mind that we are waiting three (?) years to get hands on the new British cavalry, I would not expect anything. In their forum I had noted my lack of understanding of the company's information policy, but my post was immediately deleted. I'll be really happy when I finally have my already paid dragoons and hopefully get some of the ACW sets and from then on I don't expect anything and won't believe anything HäT says.
MABO  Europe

Posted by kinjack on 23 Sep 2020, 11:11

Do you have any idea when those Peninsular cavalry will finally get to us MABO?

I remember paying for a few crowdfunding boxes what seems like eons ago, although it looks like some people on the forum have quite literally been waiting decades for the release of some sets...
kinjack  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 23 Sep 2020, 12:55

That is the problem. And you never get a real status from HäT or actual information. Nearly a month ago they posted in their forum all new set should at the retailers in a month. So let's hope for October. I pledged for the dragoons 2,5 years ago...
MABO  Europe

Posted by kinjack on 29 Sep 2020, 11:15

Just got an email from HaT: Peninsular British Light and Heavy Dragoons are being dispatched!
kinjack  United Kingdom

Posted by Minuteman on 10 Oct 2020, 08:21

There are a fair number of posts now on the HaT Forum saying that those who invested in crowd-funding several years ago are at last receiving their long-awaited figures.

There is a fair sense of disappointment here though: No bonus figures, and the Heavy Dragoon set has a major scaling flaw in that only one of the rider figures is to the correct scale: the others are smallish 1/76. The horses are OK, but the riders will look like 12 year old boys out for a ride with their Dad...hardly sufficient to put fear into the hearts of an average Peninsular French infantryman.

The Light Dragoon set, thankfully, looks better.

For all the fiddling around with 'what scale looks right' in respect of other figures - Austrian and Hungarian Napoleonics - in lengthy debates on their Forum, HaT seem to have a major problem, in that there is a disconnect between what is on CAD; and the scale and quality of what eventually comes of of the mould.

Not encouraging, and very disappointing.

I wonder what scale the other forthcoming sets - Austrians, and ACW - will be? Hopefully correct, but I don't think we can be sure of this.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Bessiere on 10 Oct 2020, 09:05

I just got sets of the Austrian command and marching figures both of which are well done. Flagpoles are ridiculously flimsy and useless being my sole complaint. Little to no flash. Very happy with the Austrian sets.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 11 Oct 2020, 00:32

My British Dragoons arrived as well this week. They have not been packed in a solid box, so all boxes got damaged, which is not very nice for a collector like me. Being a crowdfunder I recieved a sampler-box in addition. This is ok, because th bonus figs announced in the forum where nothing special.

So finally this story ends after nearly three years. I will never pledge for HaT again. Everything has been said from my side about this disappointing example of production and customer service and information. :coffee:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Ochoin on 11 Oct 2020, 12:22

MABO wrote:. I will never pledge for HaT again. Everything has been said from my side about this disappointing example of production and customer service and information. :coffee:

I'm not interested in the Peninsular War, so I wasn't involved. You have my sympathy for the trials & tribulations you suffered.

I *did* subscribe to the Prussian Landwehr & Unmarried Zulus. My first impressions of these figures....when they finally arrived....was not good but they actually paint up OK.

I can only sadly agree with you on your judgement on slow service & poor communication.

So I won't crowd fund with them again as well. This is such a tragedy as crowdfunding could - & should - have been a wonderful thing.

donald

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Peter on 11 Oct 2020, 12:29

Looks like Marvin had his sets to: https://suburbanmilitarism.wordpress.co ... orcements/

Three years is a long time. :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Marvin on 11 Oct 2020, 13:29

Yes, it's true I have them at long last...! :mrgreen:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Minuteman on 11 Oct 2020, 14:00

Marvin wrote:Yes, it's true I have them at long last...! :mrgreen:

Well, I'm pleased that those who have received them are happy.

To my mind though, the scaling on this set is very poor indeed. A figure with a height of 20mm in 1/72 is exactly 5 feet tall, so barely tall enough for a light cavalryman and certainly not tall enough for a heavy dragoon.

I'll buy a token couple of sets of the Lights, but will give the Heavies a wide berth and revert to my previous plan for Peninsular British/KGL dragoons of using figures from the Italeri Prussian 1806 cuirassier set (the figures with sabres). These at least are large and bulky enough to look convincing.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Marvin on 11 Oct 2020, 15:03

Minuteman wrote:Well, I'm pleased that those who have received them are happy.

To my mind though, the scaling on this set is very poor indeed. A figure with a height of 20mm in 1/72 is exactly 5 feet tall, so barely tall enough for a light cavalryman and certainly not tall enough for a heavy dragoon.

I'll buy a token couple of sets of the Lights, but will give the Heavies a wide berth and revert to my previous plan for Peninsular British/KGL dragoons of using figures from the Italeri Prussian 1806 cuirassier set (the figures with sabres). These at least are large and bulky enough to look convincing.

Sounds like a good plan with the cuirassiers. The peculiar scaling is less of a problem for someone like me who doesn't plan to wargame. I haven't really had a good look at them yet but it appears that the Heavies in particular are subject to varied sizes and are generally smaller than the lights, so you're probably best to avoid them if that's an issue.
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 11 Oct 2020, 16:02

I don't understand why HaT did not make the figures in the proper size. 5 ft tall heavy dragoons? Not in our universe. Why is this concept so difficult?
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News