243 - WSS British Artillery
Already the second great looking preview Strelets unveiled this week. :thumbup:

Link:
http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Set.aspx?SetID=402&M=F
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by MABO on 09 Feb 2021, 21:51

Going to be two great sets!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Rich W on 12 Feb 2021, 00:13

Well these are looking pretty bloomin' good aren't they!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 12 Feb 2021, 17:04

What a beautiful WSS cavalry group. :thumbup:

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 15 Feb 2021, 20:49

251 - WSS French Dragoons on the march

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by johnl5555 on 18 Feb 2021, 19:33

These look great! I just wish they had started being released before I bought all those Warlord 28mm box sets for the WSS. 1/72 is my Preferred scale for everything. My buddy wanted to game the period so I gave in. Packs started being released 2 or 3 months after that.

Thanks,

John
johnl5555  United States of America

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 18 Feb 2021, 19:46

Normally this is not my period of favour. But some fights and sieges of this war took also place im my area of Northeastern Bavaria. So this puts this sets also in my focus….and they look very good…..Strelets has so many great topics and mostly the master figs look very good but some sets are a bit disappointing in quality. The biggest disappointment for me was the "new" medieval city levy set, which is just a mixture of old sets…..I think I will give the WSS range a try some day.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by MABO on 19 Feb 2021, 08:20

T. Dürrschmidt wrote:The biggest disappointment for me was the "new" medieval city levy set, which is just a mixture of old sets…..

So don't buy the Vikings neither. They are also rereleases of new figs from the big sets which are no longer available.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Rich W on 19 Feb 2021, 18:22

T. Dürrschmidt wrote:Normally this is not my period of favour. But some fights and sieges of this war took also place im my area of Northeastern Bavaria. So this puts this sets also in my focus….and they look very good…..Strelets has so many great topics and mostly the master figs look very good but some sets are a bit disappointing in quality. The biggest disappointment for me was the "new" medieval city levy set, which is just a mixture of old sets…..I think I will give the WSS range a try some day.

The quality of the final products in the WSS range has been a lot closer to what the masters have looked like. Unlike some of their other sets where there have been significant differences between the masters and the final product.
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 19 Feb 2021, 20:58

Strelets seems to be expanding this new range in great detail, which is great. :thumbup:
WSS French Dismounted Dragoons

Posted by kinjack on 20 Feb 2021, 02:58

I feel like Napoleonics are definitely the gateway drug to the WSS and SYW. It starts with shakos behind the bike shed and before you know it you're in a dingy cellar with a bunch of strangers painting tricornes.
kinjack  United Kingdom

Posted by Minuteman on 20 Feb 2021, 08:16

kinjack wrote:I feel like Napoleonics are definitely the gateway drug to the WSS and SYW. It starts with shakos behind the bike shed and before you know it you're in a dingy cellar with a bunch of strangers painting tricornes.

Yes, it becomes addictive. I used to be a Napoleonics man (well, I still am from time to time) but once the Strelets WoSS range came out I found myself needing figures with big coats, big cuffs and hats to match...and then you find that you want your officers with more lace, and the cuffs need to be bigger, and they need bigger tricornes....and then you need more Infantry in firing line, and then some dragoons, and then some battalion guns, and .....

Strelets are obliging, in spades, with their fantastic figures. But I may need to seek out some help for my 'addiction'..... :oops:
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 20 Feb 2021, 16:01

Minuteman wrote:

Yes, it becomes addictive. I used to be a Napoleonics man (well, I still am from time to time) but once the Strelets WoSS range came out I found myself needing figures with big coats, big cuffs and hats to match...and then you find that you want your officers with more lace, and the cuffs need to be bigger, and they need bigger tricornes....and then you need more Infantry in firing line, and then some dragoons, and then some battalion guns, and .....

Strelets are obliging, in spades, with their fantastic figures. But I may need to seek out some help for my 'addiction'..... :oops:

Just make sure you don't overdose!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Fire at Will on 20 Feb 2021, 21:57

Minuteman wrote:Yes, it becomes addictive. I used to be a Napoleonics man (well, I still am from time to time) but once the Strelets WoSS range came out I found myself needing figures with big coats, big cuffs and hats to match...and then you find that you want your officers with more lace, and the cuffs need to be bigger, and they need bigger tricornes....and then you need more Infantry in firing line, and then some dragoons, and then some battalion guns, and .....

Don't worry I have a well establish "clinic" in North West England that can help you with your addiction, just send me your Strelets figures and I will tell you that you really really don't need them in smoothing convincing tones, then provide some old Airfix Napoleonic figures to further calm your soul. :-D :-D :-D
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by Minuteman on 20 Feb 2021, 23:12

Thank you Will, that is very considerate.

I've consulted my 'shrink', and they are advising a strict regime of no more than two WoSS Strelets boxes to be purchased or painted per week, NO Maison du Roi cavalry for at least the next month, and a regular 'calming down diet' every third day of something really bland and deserty (no tricornes, no lace) eg: Strelets LRDG for example.

I have told the shrink that this regime might well collapse when the next batch of Strelets WoSS cavalry comes out, and that the new dragoons (on the march and dismounted) pose a very real risk of rendering me a gibbering wreck fit only for the asylum. But, it's worth a go.

If I do collapse under the strain I will gladly be sending my WoSS figures to your NW England clinic.

I've been here before of course...Zvezda Napoleonics a few years ago. Almost did for me, but I just about managed to pull through...although it was a close run thing, what with those Russian 1812 Hussars. :shock:
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 27 Feb 2021, 06:56

This weeks friday preview:

254 - WSS Dismounted French Dragoons in skirmish

Posted by Rich W on 28 Feb 2021, 01:06

Possibly my favourite WSS set so far!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Ochoin on 28 Feb 2021, 08:42

A pity the horse don't have stirrups :-D