Miniatures News

Zvezda 2020 - 2023

Posted by MABO on 17 Feb 2022, 21:32

Paboook wrote:I am still sad they did not produced the announced samurai castle in 1:72 :(

Me too, and I think Konrad as well...
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Mr_White on 19 Feb 2022, 17:11

Do we have an estimated date on the re-release of the English 100 Years War Infantry box?
Mr_White  United States of America

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 05 Dec 2022, 21:01

Although I personally do not plan to purchase any products from this company for the time being, I nevertheless would like to share this news with the forum.

A previously announced AoT set seems to be released now.
6286 - WWII US Browning MG w/ crew

During the last Novemberweek, Zvezda also revealed the novelties for the coming year.
Apart from another still announced WWII AoT set (6287 - WWII US M1 mortar w/ crew), one can expect the following in 1/72.

5050 - Ural-4320 (Cold War & modern soviet/russian 6x6 truck)

5072 - BM-30 / 9K58 Smerch (modern soviet/russian self-propelled multiple rocket launcher)

5075 - Typhoon-K (modern russian AFV)

5076 - KamAZ-43509 (modern russian racing truck)

6293 - WWII Soviet Guards Rifles

7326 - Lockheed AC-130J Ghostrider (US 4-mot gunship)

See the complete 2023 catalogue here:

https://vk.com/doc6108131_651686281
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by Bessiere on 06 Dec 2022, 01:03

I saw the French Old Guard in the catalog as well as Streltsi and Guard Cossacks; all sets I thought long out of production. Does this mean they intend to re-release these? I hope so, I bought my sets years back but I'm constantly reading about people looking for this and that only to be told try Ebay. I'd love one day to have every Russian Hussar unit painted up together in a display case. I'd have to buy a few more sets to try that though!
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by steve_pickstock on 06 Dec 2022, 12:48

Erich von Manstein wrote:Although I personally do not plan to purchase any products from this company for the time being, I nevertheless would like to share this news with the forum.

A previously announced AoT set seems to be released now.
6286 - WWII US Browning MG w/ crew

I am like you, Zvezda are very low on my list of producers that I wish to purchase from at the moment.

However ...

These GIs are very nice. I find that the AoT stuff is very hit and miss figure-wise. Some are really nice figures but not much use in modelling an army, and some are really useful but the sculpting is quite uninspiring.
This isn't one of those sets. Apart from the nice .50 cal team itself, the two other figures - the spotter and the guy indicating where to shoot are both little gems. I can see the chap with the binoculars in the cupola of a Sherman and the other soldier indicating where he should point the gun.
All the figures in this set look very natural and they're all use-able poses.
However I am only going to pick them up if I see them somewhere and will not go out of my way to purchase them, if I do actually buy them, there is plenty of other stuff that I want before that.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Peter on 06 Dec 2022, 21:29

This is training. Two gunners and an instructor. The officer is looking at the result of the shooting. If they do this in battle then they will be dead very quick. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by agrippa on 07 Dec 2022, 14:32

Hi,
I was very surprised when the new box arrived.
I only had a very incomplete box of this set and wanted to have it complete because it contained very interesting poses. It looks like Zvezda has now revised the packaging and relaunched the set. I thought it was an old remainder and not a new product.
above is the old box.
the instructions seem to be identical to the old ones, the sprues are a bit darker
agrippa  Germany

Posted by mickey mouse on 08 Dec 2022, 00:08

Great set. But for the moment, i 'd only buy this, as a last option. I already have a lot of figures, and due to the terrible situation elsewhere in Europe. And no, i do not say here who started, nor who's to blame for the situation there. That, is for each person privately to decide.
@mods: please adjust the text, where it crosses the line.
mickey mouse  Netherlands
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by agrippa on 08 Dec 2022, 08:39

That annoys me a little too, but I really thought that this was an older box because the set was no longer produced even before the war.I was even more surprised when it arrived
agrippa  Germany

Posted by ADM on 23 Dec 2022, 19:16

One year before the war in Ukraine there was an article saying thet Zvezda had an issue with the russian government who was not happy by the military informations they collected and spreaded with theirs models outside russia.

Is it true or not, I don't know, but Zvezda products doesn't seem to suffer embargo at all and we can find their latest product everywhere, maybe they outsourced their product in another country long before the war started ???
ADM  

Posted by Minuteman on 24 Dec 2022, 13:01

ADM wrote:One year before the war in Ukraine there was an article saying thet Zvezda had an issue with the russian government who was not happy by the military informations they collected and spreaded with theirs models outside russia.

Is it true or not, I don't know, but Zvezda products doesn't seem to suffer embargo at all and we can find their latest product everywhere, maybe they outsourced their product in another country long before the war started ???

I find it a bit difficult to believe that in this 'high tech' World a plastic model made by Zvezda would be giving away Russian military secrets, but then this is a strange World that we live in.

Zvezda have been a very important manufacturer to me over many years, as producers of top-quality 1/72 figures. Some of my armies are almost entirely made up of their figures. Let us hope that the current international tensions can be resolved next year, so that this fine company (and all those in the Ukraine too) can get on in peace with the business of making models and figures.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 31 Dec 2022, 14:22

For the sake of completeness, it should be mentioned that the last AoT set announced for 2022 was also released a few days ago.

6287 - WWII US M1 mortar with crew

Standard US 81mm mortar with 4 nice & clean crew figures. Just like the Browning set before, kinda static poses and latent exercise character again.

On a personal note, due to the current situation, I'm not going to purchase this or any other Zvezda kit, no matter how beautiful they may be.

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 14 Nov 2023, 20:12

For the sake of completeness, this year's 1/72 announcements from Zvezda are also mentioned.

At the moment their single 2023 AoT set is being released, moreover 3 of this year's 4 1/72 vehicle kits are available so far (except for 5072 'Smerch').

6293 - WWII Red Army Guards Rifles

Furthermore, the 2024 announcements have been gradually unveiled over the past few days.
No new AoT figures this time, but 5 more vehicles and a WWII fighter aircraft in 1/72.

5051 - BM-21 'Grad' multiple rocket launcher system (snap-fit)

5070 - KV-1 tank (snap-fit)

5074 - KamAZ-5350 truck (snap-fit)

5077 - T-62 tank (snap-fit)

5078 - T-70 tank (snap-fit)

7327 - Yakovlev Yak-1 (snap-fit)

In addition, some figure sets will be re-released and others temporarily removed from the catalogue again.

Posted by Rich W on 16 Nov 2023, 00:03

Thanks for the updates Erich. Any clues as to which sets are getting the re-release and which ones are being withdrawn?
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 16 Nov 2023, 00:48

Hope to finally get some Zvezda English hundred years war men at arms, but with the war going on it's very hard to get a hold of anything.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Minuteman on 16 Nov 2023, 14:50

Your updates are much appreciated, thank you Erich.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News