Miniatures News

Vietnam War

Posted by Taipeh on 04 Aug 2019, 09:41

Hi,
I've been around for a while now to tackle Vietnam War in 1/72. In the meantime, I have also painted almost all cars and figures drawn in 3D so far.
At the beginning, there were significant problems, the model on the screen good-looking model even after printing to find it good by myself. Some of the details, and the faces had to be over-subscribed to bring results in 1/72 that I was satisfied with.
Here are the individual projects
1. Aircat and US Ranger

2. Mule 274 in different variation
Mule 274 as supply vehicle with MG M60
Mule 274 – Medic transport
Mule 274 as a weapon platform for the 12.7mm MG Cal 0.50 Image
as a weapon platform for the 106mm Recoiless gun
The next project already drawn is a PBR with crew. Pictures as soon as I have the testguß gepinselt. All in all, I am now satisfied with the results of 3D construction, the printing of the master figures and the subsequent casting. Because collectors asked the question about the files again and again. Let's offer them now. A test print of the US Rangers on 28mm size showed us that it is better for Wargamer to adjust the figures again. Weapons, hands and feet had to be strengthened. Pictures of these figures, if I have prints, and I have painted these.

In the new webshop there is a new section with the print files, currently under construction.

Ciao Michael

http://www.germania-figuren.eu
Taipeh  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 04 Aug 2019, 18:07

Very nice figures and vehicles !
For modellers who stick to this theme a -HUGE- improvement !

Where do you see the business ?
In this forum Vietnam is a very rare theme.
Also for model shows and competitions I visited in all the past years, too.
At PSR are four to five boxes of figures for that theme listen.
For the most you open it you get a link to the old but nice ESCI box.
The items of aftermarket, garage manufacturer is also very, very rare.
That all show me that this theme is not so popular.

Nevertheless,
very nice figure in very useful poses.
With the Airboat a new item that was not available (beside a metal matchbox one) as far as I know.
:yeah:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Bluefalchion on 05 Aug 2019, 06:12

And these are early war--even rarer. Good show.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Taipeh on 05 Aug 2019, 08:11

@ Wiking --- I never produced no 20 of Napoleon or other stuff like this. Always searching for not so popular ranges .
In this case , some modellers ask me About the Vietnam War and by offering the first sets, I get a great demand.
Next Year at the EME in Lingen there will be a special Competition About the Vietnam War , including all, planes, ships, tanks, figure, Dioramas.
@ Bluefalchion --- in the Moment I concentrate on 3 places, 1. the Brown Water Navy , 2. Battle for Hué and US Marines and 3. the Siege of Khe San.
The demand and my personal interest decide what will be more. In my personal interest is also the Battle of Dien Bien Phu with French Foreign Legion.

Ciao Michael
Taipeh  Germany

Posted by Peter on 13 Aug 2019, 20:47

Excellent work Michael! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Miniatures News