Miniatures News

Strelets news 2019

Posted by marc zijp on 30 May 2019, 10:39

:xd: Exactly!
marc zijp  

Posted by Graeme on 30 May 2019, 11:25

As soon as I saw that figure I thought "I can't wait to see what Wiking does with that one" :mrgreen:

It looks to me like he's crying out in alarm after being struck by a tensioned steel cable that's come loose. :shock:

Jokes aside, it looks like a decent offering for the WWII fans I'd have to see the gun built to decide if that figure works but I agree it is an odd way of doing it.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Paul on 30 May 2019, 12:05

marc zijp wrote:I’m not a supporter of putting parts of a gun in a figure. !

Depends which parts and where ? :mrgreen:

sorry, I couldn´t resist :xd:

Graeme wrote:a tensioned steel cable that's come loose.

:shock: never heard it called that before. :xd:
Paul  China

Posted by Wiking on 30 May 2019, 13:51

Evolution will never stop, nowhere !
The pose basically remind me very strong to one of Matchbox.
And nowadays with (Graeme wrote:) ... a tensioned steel cable that's come loose.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 31 May 2019, 08:01

Ouch! That hurt!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Paul on 31 May 2019, 13:40

The boxart for the Japanese Type 98-20 mm AA/AT GunShows correctly 10 Wheel spokes but the model has ,,?,,a lot.
They seem to have a bit of a Thing for adding too many spokes to thier wheeled objects.
Paul  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 31 May 2019, 19:37

My opinion about the figures of Strelet is that the masters always look superb, but something later happens in the production of the plastic soldiers that makes them lose that incredible previous image (not to mention all the excess plastic they have) :(

It's really a shame because the design work is fantastic, with great detail, fantastic poses and well animated figures. :neutral:

Does anyone else agree with me?

Cheers. :-D

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Traveller1865 on 31 May 2019, 20:53

My thoughts exactly, many of the masters look fantastic, but what comes in the box is not so exciting...I've learned to ignore Strelet's releases no matter how good the previews may look.
Traveller1865  Sweden

In memoriam

Posted by Paul on 31 May 2019, 20:57

In some cases it is true but others not. A lot of their recent ACW range, the masters are the same as the actual bods, 9-10 in most cases for the mold at PSR, a Rating which I can confirm. I bought one test box on the look of both the masters and the end result...I was being cautious as I´ve also found the online pics (and PSR Reviews) to be slightly misleading. They turned out "as seen" so I ordered the rest.

They also, in a lot of cases, seem to use different lighting (and plastic Colour) for the masters as compared to the final product..why I can´t understand, although they have also used poor lighting for the masters..the recent French line inf Standing at Attention for example.
http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Set.aspx?SetID=314&M=M
and the end product Looks better..again, due to the lighting or the Colour of the plastic ?
http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Set.aspx?SetID=314&M=F

They also appear to be using two (or more) sculptors.. and possibly two (or more) casters which could lead to a loss in end product Quality(?)

edit. Just as a thought. If you mean by excess plastic not the flash but the huge sprues, then I totally agree with that. I nearly filled my recycling bin with the cut off sprue from the ACW aquisitions :xd:
Paul  China

Posted by Wiking on 31 May 2019, 22:37

I agree with Santi Perez and Traveller 1865.

I use a few Japanese WW II soldiers of Strelts. Because of her pose.
The aged (Made in the 80ies ! ) soft plastic Japanese by Esci or Matchbox are in detail far better.
Strelets is not bad but not (WWII ) at the top of quality.

First to fight is a new producer and her latest output is rated by me under the level of Strelets.
I seams to be that the mass of people are happy with the level of quality for plastic figures today (WW II).
ME NOT !

We get a huge amount of producer today. But the quality in average will not rise.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Ben90 on 31 May 2019, 22:43

Santi Pérez wrote:My opinion about the figures of Strelet is that the masters always look superb, but something later happens in the production of the plastic soldiers that makes them lose that incredible previous image (not to mention all the excess plastic they have) :(

My thoughts, exactly! Promising masters, sometimes even superb, but poor outcome! :( :eh:
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 31 May 2019, 23:31

180 - Nap. Prussian Infantry Standing Shoulder Arms

Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by marc zijp on 01 Jun 2019, 04:18

I try to be critical and fair. Some outcome from Strelets is good enough, some are absolutely not, some quite good.
For example: The WW1 French sets are really disappointing.
A lot of Napoleonics are good enough: the new French line infantry in overcoats at ease seem to be quite crisp, the French guard grenadier sets are also good enough, although not perfect, but in mass they are really quite allright.
Still, and that’s another thing: they make mistakes in the uniforms. Some of the greatcoats of the French guard grenadiers has turnbacks at the front (which is a WW1 thing), double crossbelts but no epaulettes for the line (which is possible, but was also quite rare) and the set French line marching 2 with all the muskets worn at the left side (which makes this a set with all being nco’s).
They just invent things, as if they don’t like the historical thing and want to make that better!

And now the bit annoying thing: in certain cases I can live with that too and I’ll buy quite a lot of them, because I’m pretty sure no other company will produce them in the nearby future.
marc zijp  

Posted by marc zijp on 01 Jun 2019, 06:10

Btw: Strelets has posted some teasers of Napoleonic Brunswick shoulder arms.
marc zijp  

Posted by Paul on 01 Jun 2019, 08:57

marc zijp wrote:I try to be critical and fair.

:yeah:
marc zijp wrote:And now the bit annoying thing: in certain cases I can live with that too and I’ll buy quite a lot of them, because I’m pretty sure no other company will produce them in the nearby future.

That´s probably the thing. Me, I don´t care what any Napoleonic bods look like,either compared to the masters or the final product. On the other Hand, If The last offering of medievals from Strelets hadn´t been as good as the masters I would have been a bit dissapointed but still bought them and I´d be able to live with it.
There will Always be some Point of critique and no manufacturer is safe from such wether it´s historical accuracy, mold , sculpt, poses and number of poses. Some even can find critique on the Colour of the final product...I myself find the last Point a Tiny bit childish but it takes all sorts :-)

What was that saying, "you can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but not all of the people all of the time"
Paul  China

Posted by Konrad on 01 Jun 2019, 11:31

They show master figures on the boxes.
I criticized that.
But they did not answer me.
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 01 Jun 2019, 11:49

Nap. Brunswick Infantry Standing Shoulder Arms

Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by MABO on 01 Jun 2019, 17:47

The Brunswickers are quite good, but again the Leibbatallion, like HäT. It would be good to have the Line-Infantry.
MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 01 Jun 2019, 17:51

And concerning the Prussians: the Tschako of the drummer looks strange...
MABO  Europe

Posted by marc zijp on 01 Jun 2019, 19:15

The staff in most of Strelets Nappie sets are a weak point.
marc zijp  

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News