Miniatures News

Linear-A Amazons

Posted by MABO on 10 Feb 2019, 14:24

Hello friends,

*Top News*:
Here are the masters from Linear-A for their upcoming Amazon Set.

I am looking forward. I think they are really great.

Then we will get the Carthagian Cavalry crossing the Alps :yeah:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 10 Feb 2019, 16:03

Those are pretty cool, but a bit oversexed in my view. Might use the heads for conversions, I suppose...
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Ben90 on 10 Feb 2019, 18:35

cool set! Needs some conversions, I think, but the sculpting is great! Thanls for sharing!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 10 Feb 2019, 20:00

Wasn't 010 - Germanic Warriors (Set 2, Command) meant to be the next Linear-A set in queue?

Wonderful figures again! Excellent sculpting and great poses & anatomy in particular ... ;-) :winky:

Glad to hear that the Carthagian Cavalry is likely to follow soon after.

Very good news, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by MABO on 10 Feb 2019, 20:04

Hello Erich,

the Germanic Command set should be available at the end of the upcomming week. But after that the next set are the Amazons.
MABO  Europe

Posted by FredG on 10 Feb 2019, 20:42

I'm sure you'll keep us abreast of the situation Jan :mrgreen:
FredG  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 10 Feb 2019, 21:31

I have my eyes focused on every detail, FredG!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Bluefalchion on 11 Feb 2019, 03:51

The actual Amazons were most likley Scythian warrior women on horseback with bows. That would have been a pretty cool set to have!

These sexy naked ladies with Corinthian Helmets? Pure fantasy. Emphasis on the fantasy.

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 11 Feb 2019, 14:05

Bluefalchion wrote:... Emphasis on the fantasy.

That's absolutely correct, but there seems to be a healthy demand for such subjects and, more importantly, Linear-A clearly is following their very own company philosophy.

Linear-A's latest output, no matter whether historical or fictional, is really worth considering imho. :thumbup:
Strictly speaking, the whole fantasy area is not a topic I collect. But on the other hand I simply enjoy all kind of such nicely sculptured figures and as long as there are happy enthusiasts generating good sales for a dedicated & proficient company I can comfortably live with sets like this. ;-)
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by Kelmi on 11 Feb 2019, 14:06

I Love this Set of Mythology Amazons ❤
Great Warrior women for my Amazon Army!
Including a war chariot driver and Javeliner.
Kelmi  Germany

Posted by marc zijp on 11 Feb 2019, 14:54

I consider buying them. And the foot Amazons by Redbox.
And mix them in my Greek project, because they are nice.
Note: I never do fantasy, but this is just good fn and good quality figures.
They are not historically correct, but despite many many depictions on ancient objects, every depiction is a guess. Because most likely the Amazons never really excisted.

Well, this apart I only have one point of mild critic: I hope Linea-A will put more action poses in their sets, and less passive standing ones. Like in the Etruscans where all poses are in the action.

I applaud Linear-A for their original choice of subjects. Like the upcoming set of Romans/German warriors. Rather cruel and that’s good to see for a change.
marc zijp  

Posted by carlosfaro on 12 Feb 2019, 09:21

Beautiful sculpts, and for sure I will buy them ad part of my fantasy collection, but I think as some of you that it is a missed oportunity of Linear A for releasing more historical and novelty proposal .
Naked-mythological amazons were already available by Alliance, this new set ist just concurrence there
A mounted set of Scythian-sarmatian type of warrior women instead would have been awesome and top selling!
carlosfaro  

Posted by Graeme on 12 Feb 2019, 19:14

i tend to think that legendary verging on mythological subjects like these might well have a basis in fact, that makes sense to me. If someone were to make a set of historically plausible Amazons that would be very interesting, Realistic looking female Scythian warriors? Bring them on.

But meanwhile I'm happy to accept these figures for the fun histo-fantasy that they are. Amazons have been the subject of male fantasy for a long time, I think even the ancient historians were, at least in part, playing to the male fantasies of their day. I bought the Alliance Amazons with a thought to using a couple of figures, and a couple of these might be useful too. The rest I might get round to painting just for fun. But I suspect that if I had such a thing as a Bronze Age army I wouldn't hesitate to put these in it. Why not?

I notice these are significantly more naked than the Alliance Amazons, and much more naked than the ones in ancient art. In the artworks I looked at the male Greek warriors were mostly depicted nude, which was the artistic convention of the time, to celebrate the physical perfection of the Human body. But, in contrast, the Amazons were fully clothed. OK there were a lot of wardrobe malfunctions; and the clothes were so diaphinous as to be essentially redundant; but still, the Amazons were dressed.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Paul on 23 Feb 2019, 20:10

boxart. Labelled as Set 1, which is interesting.
40 bodettes, 16 poses and 4 Cane di Macellaio ( Italian Mastiffs = Cane Corso Italiano, Sicilian Branchiero)

Paul  China

Posted by Bluefalchion on 24 Feb 2019, 04:34

Very cool box art. That can't be one of the actual figures pictured, though. I don't think.

Posted by linear-A on 24 Feb 2019, 18:23

Hi guys,
because of the cover image of the amazons - is only a testshot.
the text at the bottom has no meaning.
many fun yet...
linear-A
linear-A  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by FredG on 24 Feb 2019, 20:12

Bluefalchion wrote:Very cool box art. That can't be one of the actual figures pictured, though. I don't think.

If it is they'd better be prepared for a big production run ;-)
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Wiking on 24 Feb 2019, 21:16

linear-A wrote:
because of the cover image of the amazons - is only a testshot.

So the decision between Heidi Klumm, Victoria Backham and Kim Kardashian is still open?
Wiking  Germany

Posted by FredG on 24 Feb 2019, 22:41

Wiking wrote:So the decision between Heidi Klumm, Victoria Backham and Kim Kardashian is still open?

That test shot figure beats KK for toning of the gluteus maximus and definitely sings a lot better than VB. No doubt it's also a lot cheaper than HK.
FredG  United Kingdom

Return to Miniatures News