Miniatures News

Hat - Projects Progress

Posted by guilhem on 02 Dec 2018, 23:36

excellent conversion Jacques. I do the same thing with the first to fight polish.
But, this conversion can be uneasy for all the people…
But you are rigth : often a new head + a new riffle and the figure is excellent.
guilhem  France

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Dec 2018, 00:21

No bashing seen here.
Just swiftly off with their poor heads.
:sst: and on with better ones. :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Rich W on 03 Dec 2018, 11:56

The SYW Austrians look excellent. I've been following their progress since the initial pics were shown (last year?). Not sure what I'll do with them as I have no real desire to paint any European SYW conflict, but I know that I still must have them!

Any experts out there know whether these can stand in for SYW French infantry? Wouldn't have to be 100% correct as I'm no perfectionist. But wondered if they could serve a purpose as French in the Americas?
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Bramble15 on 03 Dec 2018, 16:42

@ Rich W - this is the best and one of the most accurate comments I have read;

"Not sure what I'll do with them as I have no real desire to paint any European SYW conflict, but I know that I still must have them!"

I wonder how many of us in this hobby feel the same way about this set or that one!
Bramble15  United States of America

Posted by Traveller1865 on 03 Dec 2018, 17:17

Come on, the situation is horribe, all we have to choose from now are two companies, a choice between poor/average figures from HäT or terrible figures from Strelets. It's the beginning of the end of 1/72, who wants to go into this hobby when figures are so poor.
Traveller1865  Sweden

In memoriam

Posted by MABO on 03 Dec 2018, 17:23

I would not agree. I do not think that all these figures are poor. There are a lot of nice sets and figures. You can see a lot of examples here in the forum, as well.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 03 Dec 2018, 18:05

Perhaps you could help me: Is it just my imagination or is there a strong resemblance between the officer figures of both Waterloo 1815 and Hät WWI Italians? (I only mean the pose, not the quality) :shock:

Waterloo 1815:

Hät:

ImageImage

Now the question is: Which of them was the first one? :drool:

Regards.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by FredG on 03 Dec 2018, 18:18

Traveller1865 wrote:Come on, the situation is horribe, all we have to choose from now are two companies, a choice between poor/average figures from HäT or terrible figures from Strelets. It's the beginning of the end of 1/72, who wants to go into this hobby when figures are so poor.

Once upon a time Airfix began producing 1.72 plastic figures and the hobby grew from that because the figures became readily available. I don't think it could be said that the Hat and Strelet figures are worse than the Airfix figures of yesteryear. Many still like to paint some of the old Airfix we started with nearly 50 years later so I don't think the hobby is anywhere near terminal.
Choice of subject has never been better.
As has already been said. if you don't like the sets you can lop a few heads and other parts off. I'll stick to impaling because I'm like that.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by guilhem on 03 Dec 2018, 18:35

santi Perez, I think hat produce the draw first . But the waterloo figure is a 1/32 , I think.

For me the question is why produce italian WWI soldiers?
I would prefer french, german , british.
but if they produce italian (why not), I hope they will produce other austrian (there is only 1 set of Hat ).
guilhem  France

Posted by C M Dodson on 03 Dec 2018, 20:23

I personally am very grateful to HAT in particular for their wide range of figures that have allowed me to amass large amounts of troops at a reasonable price.

Some of their more recent offerings such as the Prussian and French light infantry sets are in my opinion the 20mm equivalent of the Perry offerings. I have no idea why these top sellers are not widely available but to be fair to HAT they are bringing their range upto date with the restocks.

My gripe personally is that some of the plastics used for the pre Bardin French and artillery train has gone brittle. This has resulted in broken muskets, broken limbs etc putting hundreds of figures in the dustbin.

However, these are minor irritations compared to the range and price value of their offerings as a whole.

It would be pleasing if HAT could match Stretlets for the speed of production of their new releases but time will tell.

I personally also feel that maunufcturers should get a grip with figure scales.

There is no reason in my mind to ' interpret' 20 mm and as for having a ' range' of interpretations within your own releases seems bonkers to me.

Overall in conclusion I would respectfully suggest that these two manufacturers in particular have done more than most to try and please an ever more discerning clientele.

Happy modelling,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 03 Dec 2018, 21:45

I´m just looking Forward to HäT releasing the Colonial Ox Wagon, Colonial General Service Wagon and thier ACW sets ...and Strelets ACW artillery, US troops charging and in defence.. and, come to think of it, any other stuff from any other companies/makers big or small that fits my Projects or can be adapted to fit...even if the Adaptation means a surgical procedure bordering on the art of Dr Frankenstein....wether they be big, small, ugly, made of soft or hard plastic, metal, resin, moondust or cheese.......At the end of the day, I love em all :P *
Chuck ´em at me Baby, I´ll paint ´em !! 8)
Paul  China

Posted by Paul on 03 Dec 2018, 21:47

oh...and any re-releases from any one of the ranges from any of the companies/makers would be very gratefully accepted :-D

*TBH, I´m c**p at sculpting so I can´t really complain at others efforts 8)
Paul  China

Posted by Graeme on 08 Dec 2018, 18:01

marc zijp wrote:does anyone now about the Waterloo1815 WW1 italians? PSR says 9 new poses?
Pictures anyone?

My mistake, the link I posted shows the old Italian infantry of set 1. For the new poses in set 2 see the link Erich posted here:

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22189&p=242682#p242682
Graeme  Australia

Posted by sansovino on 09 Dec 2018, 01:09

I am really exhausted to read again and again complaints that the producer Haet deserves more special merits.

Yes, they were the biggest 1/72 figure producers in plastic which enriched our collections with many new sets of different periods. Yes, some of theirs sets disappointing in sculptural quality, sizes and plastics, but that happened to nearly all producers. Haet was and isn´t better or worst than others.

Some of us have only lost much of their confidence in Haet figure production. None other producer has so many times announced new sets than Haet - which are mostly still on their lists after 9 or more years of non-production. And unfortunatly also the new guys of Haet seems to repeat this practice of announcements.

Why should I or others take part still on polls when Haet ignore often their results? Why do they announce first different WW1-cavalries to forget them some months later and to begin with an absolutly new range of AWI-figures? A new range who has won without any poll against the 9 years old announced Napoleonic russians and austrians which were desired from many of theirs clients. Still worst, Haet has blocked very long with this kind of announcements the production of certain figure-sets because many of the other producers didn´t dared to take the risque to compete against the big player Haet: Byzantines, Napoleonic russians, prussians or austrians etc. This isn´t evil but very, very disappointing - and surely not a good base for confidence or admiration .....

We all can enjoy new sets and we will, but please without less unreliable announcements....
sansovino  Germany

Posted by pappola on 09 Dec 2018, 12:36

I see the new italian from Waterloo sprue today , ready to sell.
The soldiers are beautifull and ready.
So i think that Waterloo design are first.
And don't want say a world about the poor quality of Hat.

Quantity are better then quality?

Sorry for my english!!

Walter
pappola  

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News