Miniatures News

I like what MARS is doing in WWII

Posted by hodude on 29 Jun 2018, 21:54

I like what MARS is doing in WWII. Hopefully they can read this here. I hope they will do the same for WWII American troops as they are doing with Germans and Japanese. I hope to see US Marines (the Airfix lack several needed poses: officer, heavy weapons, radio operator, etc and Revel are just for landing on a beach), also US Infantry in winter gear would be useful too. And obviously, artillery crews for Pacific and Europe is needed. If a 105mm is too intricate to make (we can always use ACE or even Roco guns) then a simple easy-assembly 75mm gun would be great. And we could use some US Navy Seabees or supply type (air base or rear area soldiers, moving supplies, not servicing aircraft [Airfix set is fine, but I would be okay with more] crates barrels, maybe with females in uniform) or even medical poses (nurses, doctors, medic or stretcher bearers). Am I forgetting something?
hodude  

Posted by zirrian on 04 Jul 2018, 20:57

Well, the only thing you forget is that they are not WW2 Germans, and thus the chances of Mars (or anyone else for that matter) making such items is fairly thin.

Perhaps Strelets, if we nudge them enough.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by KenzoSato on 05 Jul 2018, 09:52

Unfortunately, very bad press, there are better boxes.
KenzoSato  Italy

Posted by Wiking on 06 Jul 2018, 16:08

Hodude wrote:
I like what is MARS doing in WWII.

Yes, no one do a German naval combat unit (Marinedivison) or a air force ground unit (Luftwaffenfelddivison).
But still miss boxes of
Refugees, Norway, Bulgaria, Greek, Finish (and not the huge Strelets please) soldiers.
And please not all in combat poses.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Bluefalchion on 06 Jul 2018, 18:32

And no more standing and firing like it is 1815 ww2 poses.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Return to Miniatures News