Miniatures News

Potential new 22mm tricorne range

Posted by Marc the plasticsfan on 01 Jun 2018, 16:47

I hope this is the right place to discuss this news, and is not against a forum rule.

John Ray may be known to forum members, from his work on 28mm AWI figures, and his marvelous book "A military gentleman".

Well, I recently "re-discovered" his blog, and found that he had been sculpting a range of 22mm 7YW figures. However, when I contacted him, he said that there had been very little interest shown - but he wonders if that is because his blog followers are mostly 28mm collectors. So I asked if he would object to me spreading his project news a little wider, and he agreed.

http://amilitarygentleman.blogspot.com/ ... 5N5nF6FlVF

I hope this link takes you to a useful page - his blog is still a WIP, so the "22'ers" tab doesn't show much, but the main page, if one scrolls back, shows what he has sculpted so far.

If this is of interest, then please do let John know (via his blog or his email johnrayamg@yahoo.co.uk) as it would be good for him to see if there is a wider interest. Currently his plans are on hold, so it is down to what public interest and enthusiasm there may be if he is to be encouraged to continue.

Of course, please do share this wider if this is of interest to you - John's figures deserve to be seen and made available to a wider audience, outside of the UK/US 28mm fraternity.

For clarity, I have no connection with John except as a purchaser of his book, and an email discussion, But I am interested in this range of 22mm figures.

Marc
Marc the plasticsfan  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 01 Jun 2018, 17:21

I saw his blog a couple of weeks ago. I really like his sculpts but 22mm doesn´t really say a lot.
He definately should do a comparison with say a HäT bod or similar. Same for his dragoons put alongside the Zvezda swedish dragoons....I´d really like to add them to my dragoons.
I would have asked on his blog but it appears not to have the possibility to post a comment(?)
Paul  China

Posted by Marc the plasticsfan on 01 Jun 2018, 17:36

I did wonder if one could comment. Ok, perhaps try his email
Marc the plasticsfan  United Kingdom

Return to Miniatures News