Miniatures News

Crowdfunding-Projects - Linear-A

Posted by Tom71 on 28 Mar 2018, 18:14

Yes of course. So all necessary information from Linear-A will be provided.

It should also be informed regularly about each step - and also the possibility of a newsletter.
Tom71  

Posted by Bluefalchion on 28 Mar 2018, 18:49

What would a medieval witch look like? Just exactly like any other civilian from the period, I suspect.

sansovino, your historical input did not spoil the thread for me. Lent it a bit of interest imo.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Xantippos on 29 Mar 2018, 07:50

For me, I would be interested in Medieval Witches - Belgian Legion - Medieval Ambassadors and French Marines.

I don't like "on the march" sets, I find them a bit boring. Eskimos are a bit out of my zone of interest (although depending on how they are done, could be interesting), Pontoniers would depend also very much on how they are done, but in principle I don't find them very exciting.
Xantippos  

Posted by MicroWorld on 29 Mar 2018, 08:19

Tom71 wrote:Yes of course. So all necessary information from Linear-A will be provided.
It should also be informed regularly about each step - and also the possibility of a newsletter.

Do you know: why witches are marked "18+". They will be naked, or they will be tortured/burned (or maybe both naked and tortured ;-) )
MicroWorld  Russia

Posted by marc zijp on 29 Mar 2018, 09:06

Marching hoplites are useful, even in my battle diorama.
marc zijp  

Posted by Tom71 on 29 Mar 2018, 09:26

MicroWorld wrote:Do you know: why witches are marked "18+". They will be naked, or they will be tortured/burned (or maybe both naked and tortured ;-) )

Maybe :-) ;-) 8)
Tom71  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Graeme on 29 Mar 2018, 14:34

Interesting project Tom thanks for posting, I've cast a few votes.

The Marines of the Guard are interesting, so too are the Pontoniers, although I know there are already good figures available for them.

The witches set will be popular, I think, it crosses boundaries. But I do hope it's not just witches being tortured and executed by Inquisitors.

Some of that sort of thing will be OK, and, yes, the "Witches" can just as easily be heretics or political opponents or the King's creditors or any other group of people who's existence was an inconvenience.

But I really hope there are some classic, cliched, story book witches, with long gowns and pointy hats, and riding broomsticks. The kind of figs that would serve equally well for depicting Goethe's Walpurgis Nacht or a scene from "Harry Potter". And three Wierd Sisters stirring a cauldron.

Because sometimes I like to make things as historically accurate as my limited knowledge will allow... And other times, I just don't! :joker:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Paul on 29 Mar 2018, 15:41

Graeme wrote:But I really hope there are some classic, cliched, story book witches, with long gowns and pointy hats, and riding broomsticks. The kind of figs that would serve equally well for depicting Goethe's Walpurgis Nacht or a scene from "Harry Potter". And three Wierd Sisters stirring a cauldron.

Like this?
From; viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4992&hilit=witches+alex&start=80

Unfortunately..she and the rest of her sisters never appeared :(
Paul  China

Posted by Alex on 29 Mar 2018, 16:47

8) 8) 8)
Never say, "Never!" , my friend !
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Paul on 29 Mar 2018, 16:58

Alex wrote:8) 8) 8)
Never say, "Never!" , my friend !

I try not to :-D
Paul  China

Posted by Graeme on 29 Mar 2018, 17:56

Exactly like that. she's fantastic, I particularly like the cat. I doubt anyone will produce a better witch figure.

I followed the link and found the other two witches. One looks like a nun gone bad, VERY bad. The other looks like a model at the "Broomstick of the Year" show, which I think is a very cool idea.

Wonderful work Alex.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Dad's Army on 30 Mar 2018, 12:40

Seems the Witch is loved by everybody....
How come... all maried :mrgreen:
Just take a close look to the figure, I guess she will fly by soon :P
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Michel on 30 Mar 2018, 18:16

Oh Alex... Please let all the witches come out!!!!
Michel  Germany

Posted by Alex on 30 Mar 2018, 18:29

Oh, friends, let's not spoil this topic of Tom.
Simply Remco and I decided that it was this old figure of mine that would probably be FIGZ figure this year. You can now discuss this in the subject of figs FIGZ
:-D
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Traveller1865 on 02 Apr 2018, 11:42

Not sure about the witches but I guess the mature content will attract votes, I would rather see the hoplites being made. As for civilans more generic 17th and 18th would be better, ambassadors are really too niche..
Traveller1865  Sweden

In memoriam

Posted by StellarX on 02 Apr 2018, 12:01

The witches sound interesting but my vote went for the Eskimos. Probably a lone supporter of that as a set - but very useful for RPG scenarios exploring for lost civilizations or of a Cthulhu nature. Plus they would just be cool to own and paint.
StellarX  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 03 Apr 2018, 06:14

Interisting variety of more or less exotic subjects.
As much as I sympathize with Linear A‘s dedication to esoteric topics and the hobby in general, I doubt that sets like Eskimos or Belgian Legion will ever be profitable.

Anyway, I hope the eventually elected figures will be a good success, just as their other projected ones.

Voted for the marching Hoplites, since they seem worthwhile and economical promising to me. ;-)
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by FredG on 03 Apr 2018, 08:01

Paul wrote: I wouldn´t personally be too keen to give money for something I don´t know what it will look like.

Normally I'd agree with this sentiment but I've just bought a set of figures on just the name of the subject.
I suppose it depends on whether you trust the manufacturer to produce a good product.
There again the manufacturer in my case had made the moulds before offering the sale.

I do tend to look back fondly on the 'old' system of receiving company shares for providing investment capital.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 03 Apr 2018, 08:45

I trust Linear -A to do a decent Job on the sculpts..I´ve got virtually every of their sets so far.
With the other sets offered, ie; marching hoplites, it´s easy enough to Picture what the set would look like on the strength of the Name /titel of the set alone but the witches, and that´s what I was referring to, the set could contain a wide range of possible poses, not just witches but Inquisitors, Equipment etc. Medieval is also a bit vague..the period is quite large.
As has been mentioned, they could look just like civilians or they could be the romantic Version, pointy hats with carrot noses. Does the 18+ refer to just nudity or just Scenes of cruelty or both?
Paul  China

Posted by Tom71 on 01 May 2018, 23:04

So, the Votingdate is no finish :-) - the winner is:

The Witches with 25% of the votes

And on the 2nd place are "Medieval - Ambassadors 4 Empires" with 19% of the votes.

Linear-A has a surprise: Both sets can produce over Crowdfunding. :-)

The details, poses and informations following in the next days. Also an e-mail-adress for a newsletter from this project.
Tom71  

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News