Miniatures News

HäT Crowdfunding Touchdown!

Posted by Marc the plasticsfan on 16 Mar 2018, 17:00

Indeed it is my prerogative to be dissatisfied with the results of the crowdfunding. I entered into this for several reasons:
To get the set made quickly
To get an contributor's discount
To get useful bonus figures

Fail - they took over a year - but maybe that is because the process was being set up
Fail - I can but them cheaper now - 100% so here in the UK. Normal crowdfunding seems to incentivise early bird purchasers
Fail - in my eyes, they are noticeably too big to fit comfortably. The original discussions were for mounted generals and ADCs, so four fat giants on foot is small comfort

So I am happy for those of you who are happy. Personally, I am unimpressed. But it's a wide world, so each to their own
Marc the plasticsfan  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 16 Mar 2018, 18:48

Hello Sascha,
for the dragoons bonus figures are promised as well. Have a look at the HaT page:http://www.hat72.com/CrowdBD.html

And as already said: You get the figures made only if the company get the impression the range could be sold.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ochoin on 16 Mar 2018, 21:46

Marc the plasticsfan wrote:Indeed it is my prerogative to be dissatisfied with the results of the crowdfunding. I entered into this for several reasons:
To get the set made quickly
To get an contributor's discount
To get useful bonus figures

Fail - they took over a year - but maybe that is because the process was being set up
Fail - I can but them cheaper now - 100% so here in the UK. Normal crowdfunding seems to incentivise early bird purchasers
Fail - in my eyes, they are noticeably too big to fit comfortably. The original discussions were for mounted generals and ADCs, so four fat giants on foot is small comfort

So I am happy for those of you who are happy. Personally, I am unimpressed. But it's a wide world, so each to their own

I can't disagree with any of this, Marc. But in the end, I have figures I can use to replace my Past-their-use-by-date Airfix Prussians. I have figures to represent the regiments that assaulted Rorke's Drift.

So in spite of your valid criticisms, I have a smile on my face. Win.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News