Miniatures News

Mars - WWII Japanese and German infantry

Posted by carlosfaro on 28 Jun 2018, 21:37

I amn not in WWII, and I agree with many of you, why again so man german??
But in my opinion Mars with clever with at lesst two innovative and original sets: the naval troops and the luftwaffe field division, they were in my opunion never seen before (we were always flooded with infantry and SS panzergrenadiers...even winter troops started to be too many)
So my conclusion: not a big enthusiasm on me to find this new line of mars, but it is their bet.. And i think,, as they present some new ideas, they have some chance of success..
carlosfaro  

Posted by Ochoin on 28 Jun 2018, 22:01

The flood of 1/72 scale WW2 Germans is, indeed, a mystery.

I am at the moment painting US, British & N**i 'tank riders' from the excellent HaT range.
As a wargamer, I have painted & use, for example, many thousands of Napoleonic figures. For WW2, I'm painting about half each of the HaT boxes.

This is enough figures. Because of the nature of the "empty battlefield" & the long ranges of weapons, a 100 or so infantry figures is enough for a viable wargame force. I'll concede, other WW2 rules use bigger armies but obviously not even close to the scale you need for earlier periods.

So, the plethora of WW2 Germans is a mystery.

donald
Last edited by Avatar on 29 Jun 2018, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: N word replaced
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 28 Jun 2018, 22:21

Those Kreigsmarine troopers are a pretty good idea, actually. They don't even look too terrible.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by deon on 28 Jun 2018, 23:03

i must be very old fashoined - i thought some of the poses looked interesting , i love the russian sniper pose and that Japanese soldier with the bayonet on the machine gun is great. perhaps a closer look will disappoint me!
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by Misteredd on 29 Jun 2018, 09:21

I like those Naval Troops. They were needed for Fort Driant in Thionville. Why so many Germans - because they offer so many different styles, fought the longest war on many different campains. Soviets fought on the eastern front only.
Misteredd  

Posted by Umpapa on 29 Jun 2018, 14:30

I will definitely buy those Kriegsmarines.
Umpapa  Poland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Avatar on 29 Jun 2018, 17:29

There have been complaints about usage of a word starting with N when refering to WWII germans. Please do not use it in future.

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 29 Jun 2018, 21:52

Avatar wrote:There have been complaints about usage of a word starting with N when refering to WWII germans. Please do not use it in future.

Who are you, a new Moderator nobody knows?

Unfortunately for the Germans there have been to many N**is in our history!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by David O'Brien on 29 Jun 2018, 22:01

I see Naval in one post. Probably not that or the one for those of African ancestry.
They are strictly German speakers we are talking of not just from Germany but could be from Austria, East Prussia, Alsace, etc so a broad group.
Strange inversion though as Ex Fallschirmjager, Luftwaffe, Waffen SS and Heer people always told me to use the abbreviation for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei to signal it was the past and modern Germans were not like that. Often corrected for calling those in WWII; Germans. Most modern Germans would rightly call me bad bunny if I said the Germans were responsible for the Holocaust.
I am confused and feel like somebody who has walked into a party in a suit when it is fancy dress. Maybe I should have read the invite. :coffee:
David O'Brien  

Posted by Bluefalchion on 29 Jun 2018, 23:10

MABO wrote:

Unfortunately for the Germans...

He edited another user's post, so I'm going to say "yes." Perhaps he's a known mod using a secondary account.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Ochoin on 30 Jun 2018, 06:01

Avatar wrote:There have been complaints about usage of a word starting with N when refering to WWII germans. Please do not use it in future.

I would like a clarification on this as referring to the WW2 German army as N**is is historically correct.
It would be rude & incorrect to refer to any other Germans before or since using the "N" word & I would not do this. To the best of my understanding, the Third Reich & its armed forces fought under the "N**is" banner. Are we trying to change history?

If this odd edict is upheld, should I not refer to the WW2 Russians as Soviets? Are there any other PC issues I should avoid?

donald

I should add the website now automatically substitutes "German' for the "n" word if used in the singular. This is a sad indictment if upheld
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Wiking on 30 Jun 2018, 06:56

Thank you Paul for the info and pictures.

Indeed there are a few useful poses in the Naval troop box.
Good idea to do such a combat unit (with the naval clothes) for a Dio of the "last days".

Hopefully they look like in reality as on the box top.
Bluefalchion wrote:
They don't even look too terrible.

I agree.
Will give Mars a try.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 30 Jun 2018, 15:49

Ochoin wrote: I would like a clarification on this as referring to the WW2 German army as N**is is historically correct. It would be rude & incorrect to refer to any other Germans before or since using the "N" word & I would not do this.

I would like to refer to forum rules, section 3.
http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14081

Maybe you don't see the problem Donald, but some members reported that word as offensive.
We all can use term WW2 Germans (or German soldiers) and there won't be a problem.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Paul on 30 Jun 2018, 16:00

I´ll add. Start a thread on other Forums about this subject by all means but refering them back to here via a link....not good, especially as when one of the comments there is entirely false and bordering on conspiracy theory...Erich von Manstein isn´t a Mod and was a member of the Forum a Long time before Avatar was brought in.
Paul  China

Posted by Kekso on 30 Jun 2018, 17:03

For you who think N*** can't be offensive I have only one word Google :read:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Avatar on 30 Jun 2018, 17:08

Avatar is your guardian angel and will stay anonymous. You shouldn't worry as long you follow forum rules. I will remain neutral and won't participate in discussions.

Now please return to the topic. It is Mars - WWII Japanese and German Infantry

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by mickey mouse on 30 Jun 2018, 17:10

MABO wrote:

Unfortunately for the Germans there have been to many N**is in our history!

Avatar is not entirely incorrect, MABO. Many people still call the Germans in that time N**is.
How ever, not all Germans were N**is, but the majority of the SS were N**is. That is, unfortunatley, true.
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Posted by Paul on 30 Jun 2018, 17:53

Wiking wrote:Indeed there are a few useful poses in the Naval troop box.

I like the one reloading his MP34(?)
He could make a base for a conversion to Tommy from Peaky blinders
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dy ... 6209_1.jpg
Paul  China

Posted by mickey mouse on 30 Jun 2018, 17:55

Images aren't showing, so i can't comment on them for now.
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Posted by Paul on 30 Jun 2018, 18:02

The Images of the Mars sets ? sorry, Boxart?
Paul  China

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News