Miniatures News

Strelets new ACW sets hit the market

Posted by Traveller1865 on 19 Jun 2017, 19:04

Some of Strelets eagerly awaited ACW sets are now available to purchase online, joining them are Roman Auxialiary sets, Austrian Honved and some Napoleonic sets like Polish infantry in attack, Highlanders and British infantry in attack, as well as Japanese Heavy Weapons and Paratroopers.

The ACW sets released are Union infatry marching, Union troops in attack, Pickett's Charge 1, Confederate troops on the march, Union Cavalry skirmishing, and a re-issue of Confederate General Staff. These are the first ACW sets with marching only poses, a truly historical moment in the history of 1/72 scale figures.

https://www.drumandflag.co.uk/
Traveller1865  Sweden
 
Posts: 77
Member since:
07 Feb 2017, 19:51


Posted by Bluefalchion on 20 Jun 2017, 00:57

And the figs look really good, too. Strelets-R has really made a remarkable transformation from where they were 5-6 years ago.
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 1056
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by MABO on 20 Jun 2017, 06:51

My oder has been placed!
User avatar
MABO  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 5372
Member since:
12 May 2008, 18:01

Posted by zirrian on 21 Jun 2017, 19:07

Some other notable sets have been released as well :P

Speaking of which, with these new releases, think it's time for me to get rid of my ACW collection as I'll never get around doing them, especially when these figs are around...
User avatar
zirrian  Hungary
 
Posts: 251
Member since:
27 Jul 2014, 15:37

Posted by Bluefalchion on 21 Jun 2017, 21:48

zirrian wrote:Some other notable sets have been released as well :P

Speaking of which, with these new releases, think it's time for me to get rid of my ACW collection as I'll never get around doing them, especially when these figs are around...


Another option is to buy all the new Strelets-R ACW sets and ramp up your painting into overdrive.

:D
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 1056
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by Traveller1865 on 21 Jun 2017, 22:04

Bluefalchion wrote:And the figs look really good, too. Strelets-R has really made a remarkable transformation from where they were 5-6 years ago.


To be honest, those Napoleonic sets released in that batch were not so...great. Look at the British in attack, just horrible. I think I'll stay away from those and hope Waterloo 1815 release some marching sets. The ACW sets look pretty OK though, I know people are praising the new Napoleonic sets but to be frank Strelets have a long way to go in that department but I might be in the minority here...
Traveller1865  Sweden
 
Posts: 77
Member since:
07 Feb 2017, 19:51

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bluefalchion on 21 Jun 2017, 22:11

Traveller1865 wrote:
To be honest, those Napoleonic sets released in that batch were not so...great. Look at the British in attack, just horrible. I think I'll stay away from those and hope Waterloo 1815 release some marching sets. The ACW sets look pretty OK though, I know people are praising the new Napoleonic sets but to be frank Strelets have a long way to go in that department but I might be in the minority here...


I see what you are saying. Probably the 2017 Strelets-R figs do not measure up when compared to the best ones available. But I am mostly focused on comparing 2017 Strelets-R sets to 2010 Strelets-R sets...
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 1056
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by zirrian on 22 Jun 2017, 09:19

Bluefalchion wrote:
Another option is to buy all the new Strelets-R ACW sets and ramp up your painting into overdrive.

:D


Eh, I could make nice money off of the older sets that I could spend on stuff I'm more interested in.
User avatar
zirrian  Hungary
 
Posts: 251
Member since:
27 Jul 2014, 15:37

Posted by Susofrick on 22 Jun 2017, 10:43

I am very happy that I've realized I have to finish more of what I have before I go into more periods! ACW and Napoleonics are periods I've been to so I would probably buy almost all the sets and have even more unpainted figures to haunt me. And Strelets have come a loooooooong way from their first sets. Their first cavalry sets were quite horrible with dancing horses all over. These sets are at least decent.
User avatar
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 5161
Member since:
19 Feb 2008, 12:10


Return to Miniatures News