Miniatures News

WW II Chindits

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Mar 2017, 13:23

Awaiting Review at P S R !
Until then view the Figures. Those into hot needling the seams might like the chalange of these new figures for jungle warefare?

Recent research by my self revealed that the metal pressed Sten-gun was never issued to British troops for the desert war,but if one wished to use them in those dusty climbs be my guest as I am no rivet counter of other authors work. Well lets face it they never had plastic soldiers either. I just find such dandelion facts interesting to root out of the cracks of history.

To get the most out of this boxed set,many might look to spotting easy conversions?
I can see several cuts and twists to the native fighter already that will give extra poses.
The cricket bowler pose of the soldier will also give another two without any problems. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by guilhem on 27 Mar 2017, 15:09

Beano boy, dont you see that this soldiers are conversion of italeri :
fm bren firing, the machine gun (top of the soldiers: revell australian), and the man on the floor, also the man with the knife.
guilhem  France

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 27 Mar 2017, 15:21

There is a lot of photographic evidence and a good book by Michael Calvert (brigadier general Chindits) filled with photo`s and listing the weapons used, no stens , M1 carbine`s would have been a better choice for the sculptor. However the set leaves you wanting more, one set just does not cut the mustard, the three set format would work , chindits, in defence ,chindits on the march , chindits in ambush . A lot of the figures are fighting with full packs fine if your on the march, but not so go if your in a fox hole or in ambush. I would have like to have seen a vickers No2 and done like the latest strelets sets, plus a 3in mortar , a long overdue set and while it`s a nice set it simply does not fill the gap, so room for someone else to expand and I for one hope strelets picks up the idea and runs with it. PS painted figures and a thread running on the unofficial Hat face book page.
zulu`s 1000`s of em  United Kingdom

Posted by guilhem on 27 Mar 2017, 15:46

For le 6 figure are conversion of italeri 8e army. I will put the pictures.
guilhem  France

Posted by guilhem on 27 Mar 2017, 15:58

for example (only 2 on 6 soldiers)
Hébergé par Imagesia.com
Hébergé par Imagesia.com
They do the same method to produce taliban (afghanistan soldiers) , using top of body of soviet italeri.
guilhem  France

Posted by guilhem on 27 Mar 2017, 16:09

Do you remember Beano boy:
Copy yes :-D
Convert yes :-D
For your own use yes :-D
Image no
Image not
Image for
Image sale
guilhem  France

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bluefalchion on 27 Mar 2017, 16:45

I see similar poses (all bad) but no piracy in those comparisons. Were Brens often fired from the hip like that? Seems unlikely.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 27 Mar 2017, 16:56

Bren`s yes they were, many recorded instances , often recorded by the enemy who killed him, so not the position of choice, however there are several accounts of snipers being cleared from tree`s by a bren spraying the likely tree, and this looks like a guy doing just that.

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Mar 2017, 18:38

Guilhem you are quite the 100% rip off merchant here. A guy who has no excuse for his actions other than lame brain petty ones.

Did you sell all your Legionnaires? Your Master made from Copyright material ?_and then re-cast in metal? There is plenty of evidence placed here on this Forum of your activity that you your self posted for all to see. If they had been my Copyright stuff I would nail you in Court for damages, and that's a fact._________All one needs is money and a good brief.__________and I happen to have both.

Here is the result of Guilhem`s handy work. Quite the villain of the peace ripping off others Copyright work.

I do not collect Italeri WWII Figures only Napoleonics. As for a producer ripping off other companies copyright figures they do not phone me up and notify me of their actions. I do not know what those figures look like you are referring to,and the actions of recasters is not one that includes informing me of such a crimanl act. If it is true I condemn it totally. Plastic Soldier Review,might have something to say upon the matter. Other peoples actions are not my responsibility so do not dare to put me in a vice as if I had ripped off somebodys copyright myself. If you wanted to have your say on recasting and ripping off Alex`s work why did you not do it while that topic was ongoing ?
Personally I do not now how their Masters were made or from where. However everyone with eyes on this Forum knows where yours Masters came from. The old saying,"Talk about the fire calling the kettle black",comes to mind.

A few weeks ago I saw your stuff for sale and did not respond over the issue of outlawed Copyright theft,and you have just raked up a Copyright Hail Storm if you want an open debate upon it.
The floor is wide open ,and yours if perhaps you have good grounds for your actions? As for me I have nothing illegal to answer up to,because everything I have written here is very true blue and totally correct. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 27 Mar 2017, 19:13

....just nipping out to get some popcorn

Posted by FredG on 27 Mar 2017, 19:21

I've put the kettle on :-D
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 27 Mar 2017, 19:31

Let's get back on track and talk about the Chindits. Was there a campaign when Chindits fought IJA Paratroopers? I know Japan did very few airborn operations. Leyte Gulf was one. Ultima Ratio have released these two sets together, implying they may have been opponents?

Posted by guilhem on 27 Mar 2017, 20:03

sorry, the goal of my message was just inform that some little compagny
used conversion.
I do the same, because it is easyer. And the result is beautifull.
I just want say that.
Ultima is a small compagny. They convert some soldiers, I think they can because the figure is very different (like me). Also I only produce for me, and for my friend (war game club), if some people want soldiers i sold them if I had in stock.
I see the japan parachute also, very good idea, but the japanese streetlets are better.
If you are a good painter, the result can be beautifull.
guilhem  France

Posted by guilhem on 27 Mar 2017, 20:06

To speack about the chiendit of ultima, I love the man with the sten, also the man runing whith the Tompson.
They are very beautifull...
guilhem  France

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 27 Mar 2017, 20:11

I don`t think the Chindits ever did battle with Japanese paratroopers, not even sure the Japanese 15th army in Burma had any Paratroops, and just to confirm, 15th army three infantry divisions with as many as nine battalions each, but no para`s.

Posted by guilhem on 27 Mar 2017, 20:19

Japanes paratroopers were very rare...
I think they are 3% of the japanese army.
Streetlets japanese are the best.
maybe you can used the streetlet new zeland army with the chiendit, they are very similar.
guilhem  France

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 27 Mar 2017, 20:42

The New Zealanders are too smart and the Hat is wrong, the door is still open for good Chindits although these are far from bad.

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Mar 2017, 00:16

The kettle has been well steamed out,
The sweet tea needs a stir,
and hopefully the popcorn has been passed around ?
As for me I am much calmer now.
P T S D, puts one kind of upon the zero tolerance line.

The Imperial Japanese Navy also had Marine Paratroopers, their Officers were trained by the Japanese Army,and was on all accounts very distasteful for all those concerned. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Bluefalchion on 28 Mar 2017, 04:07

Army and Marines didn't get along in the Japanese armed forces in WWII, either? Some phenomena are seen in multiple cultures and times.

PSR says the Japanese Army Paras just became elite infantry and didn't do air drops very much. A bit like their German counterparts, I suppose.

BB good to see that hot tea hit the spot, old chap. Take a load off and join me by this crackling fire.

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Mar 2017, 17:15

I have not seen a real fire in 25 years,
but your suggestion brings back many memories,
and sounds very good. BB
Beano Boy  England

Next page

Return to Miniatures News