Miniatures News

New Strelets Nap British infantry marching

Posted by CPN on 13 Oct 2016, 20:17

Goode evening,
it seems the plastic side of the hobby is back with this third box of napoleonic marching figures.
Have nice dreams and start saving money.
CPN
CPN  France

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Oct 2016, 01:10

BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by The Iron Duke on 14 Oct 2016, 07:25

I like these BB I'll be getting some of these last little fellas
The Iron Duke  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Oct 2016, 11:15

Well it`s not my topic but blank items void of pictures in my mind is not pleasing to ones eye at all,so i helped it define by a little eye candy for the viewers who ever they might be. These are another set that i adore and the pose of the musket slug over the left solder by the strap wins brownie points with me and is quite unique for Napoleonic toy soldiers of which i have made personal studies of over many years. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Tony Barton on 14 Oct 2016, 15:46

I think the posing is somewhat ridiculous. Since these are presumably intended for wargaming , why the designer can't pose all the figures in a proper shoulder arms position escapes me. That was the position used when marching on the battlefield, and having a mixture of unhistorical poses seems a waste of plastic. A little subtle variation is still possible, but at least then they would look like what they are intended to be.
Of course, in historical fact , most of the time they would have been standing still, with their muskets at Order Arms, which has never proved popular with collectors !
Tony Barton  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Oct 2016, 22:45

That`s why they are bought and sold as plastic toy solders having many a use,
and not specifically one defining one. i will collect them as toy soldiers. Paul Howes
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Marc the plasticsfan on 17 Oct 2016, 14:13

Interesting view Mr Barton, but even more interesting to hear from you discussing 1/72 plastics. As a long time admirer (and purchaser) of your 18mm, any time you fancy stepping up a scale and sculpting some masterpieces for us plastic fans would be a massive joy.

But regarding the poses - do you have any on-line sources of poses that I could look at please to see how far from reality these might be? Many thanks

Marc
Marc the plasticsfan  United Kingdom

Return to Miniatures News