Miniatures News

Hat unmarried Zulu warriors........stop press......

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 22 Feb 2018, 21:29

Sorry Paul , but those inaccuracies could not be left as statements of fact for obvious reasons.
zulu`s 1000`s of em  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Feb 2018, 03:43

Well I am glad some of you guys have received your figures or they are on their way to you in the mail. :thumbup: I hope you enjoy them wherever you might live upon the globe and call home. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ochoin on 23 Feb 2018, 06:34

Beano Boy wrote:wherever you might live upon the globe and call home. :-D BB

You do understand that these two may be separate?
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by MikeM on 23 Feb 2018, 10:04

I find the fact that these sets, both Zulus and Landwehr, are already commercially available from online dealers before all crowdfunders have received their figures to be disgraceful.

It is a blatant breach of common business ethics. If I give someone a loan for a project I intend to benefit from, I expect to benefit from that project before it is made commercially available. That is common courtesy.

I will not be supporting any further crowdfunding projects from HäT for that reason.
MikeM  Germany

Posted by sigtekorn on 23 Feb 2018, 13:43

I've been waiting for Danish Napoleonic figures for about 20 years.

Just out of curiosity why Danish figures?

Read somewhere that Denmark were in an uneasy alliance with the British i 1815 and were asked to deliver troops post haste against Napoleon who actually were the former ally. Apparently Denmark hadn't forgotten Lord Nelsons firebombing of Copenhagen in 1807 that put an effective end to Denmark as a naval power.

Well, the Danish King prolonged the troop deployment and march so long that the troops had only reached Germany when Waterloo put an end to the Danish involvement in the campaign.

sorry if I contributed to messing up the Zulu thread again :oops:
sigtekorn  Denmark

Posted by Ochoin on 23 Feb 2018, 13:50

sigtekorn wrote:
Just out of curiosity why Danish figures?

sorry if I contributed to messing up the Zulu thread again :oops:

Don't apologise: there's all sorts of odd comments on this thread already.

The Danes? I'm very interested in the campaigns of 1813-1814 in northern Europe. The polyglot of nationalities is fascinating & out of any, the Danes aren't represented at all in 1/72. You can use a little "what-if" in the war of the French & Danes against Russians & Swedes.

donald

BTW if the British acted badly in shelling Copenhagen & seizing the Danish navy, they got their reward when they refused to hand back Heligoland island back at the war's end. This formerly Danish strategic spot was stupidly given to the aggressive Imperial Germans before WW1. If the British had of kept it, the German navy would have been blockaded in their North Sea ports, mitigating the damage they caused in the Great War.
Ochoin  Scotland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Ochoin on 23 Feb 2018, 13:53

MikeM wrote:
I will not be supporting any further crowdfunding projects from HäT for that reason.

Fair enough comment, Mike. I can't say I'm without sympathy. Not that I don't think you should post this here but have you thought about posting it on the HaT forum?

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by MikeM on 23 Feb 2018, 14:26

@ Donald (Ochoin)
already posted there. Seemed relevant to the discussion here. Also directly queried at HäT crowdfunding, who intend to rectify the situation for future projects.

Cheers
Mike
MikeM  Germany

Posted by FredG on 23 Feb 2018, 16:18

Beano Boy wrote:wherever you might live upon the globe and call home. :-D BB
Ochoin wrote:You do understand that these two may be separate?

You are not of this planet?
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 23 Feb 2018, 18:02

Hat have a thread running asking for feedback on the crowdfunded set now, so there is an avenue for constructive feedback for crowdfunders.
zulu`s 1000`s of em  United Kingdom

Posted by Ochoin on 23 Feb 2018, 20:48

zulu`s 1000`s of em wrote:Hat have a thread running asking for feedback on the crowdfunded set now, so there is an avenue for constructive feedback for crowdfunders.

Good-o.

I'm all in favour of open discussions without respondents with agendas. Personally, I am prepared to cut HaT a bit of slack for their first ventures into kickstarting. Others may not be so forgiving, of course.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Paul on 24 Feb 2018, 10:05

zulu`s 1000`s of em wrote:Hat have a thread running asking for feedback on the crowdfunded set now, so there is an avenue for constructive feedback for crowdfunders.

So there´s the place to make comments :-) :yeah:
Paul  China

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News