Miniatures News

Italeri News Nov./Dec. 2014

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 24 Oct 2014, 18:49

Italeri's FB site as well as some shops show now the Boxart for the long announced set:
6151 - WWII German Infantry in Winter Uniforms
Great News to me!
They also announce the release of 2 long awaited Fast Assembly kits finally:
7515 - T-34/85 (FA, 2 kits per box)
7516 - Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. D (FA, 2 kits per box)
These should be released during the next 2 months.
Good to see that Italeri is still active in 1/72. There's hope for more to come!

Best Regards
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by David O'Brien on 24 Oct 2014, 22:58

Sadly they seem to be also active in creating more ranges and scales like the 1/56th scale figures and tanks. I haven't bought many or any of Italeri's recent releases and I am not keen on QA stuff where the tracks and wheels get short shrift. I got a Waco glider a couple of months ago but that is a very old release but in a 2010 box so it doesn't really count.
I notice the box art for 6151 is a Rava painting and the figures look like late war- so it will fill a gap.

David
David O'Brien  

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 24 Oct 2014, 23:29

Well, I won't blame them for their attempt to jump the 28mm band wagon. Although I'm definetely not interested into that scale, I won't judge them for tryin to earn some quick Euros with (repacked) wargaming stuff.
Italeri have never been devoted to one scale or something and the policy of re-releasing their oop kits & sets is more than welcomed by many. I'm rather thankful for all the Esci re-releases for example. The 1/72 Nebelwerfer set was only available via Ebay for absurd prices during the last 15+ years .
Italeri's Fast Assembly kits are way better than the general Armourfast or PSC quickbuilds . Although they also suffer from simplifications (particularly the tracks & running gear) their general dimensions & detail are really nice for FA vehicles.
6151 will indeed fill a gap within Italeri's own WWII product line.

Moreover, I cherish the greatest hopes that this truly missed manufacturer will return to 1/72nd scale back again. In grand style!
For starters, I would be more than happy if they would release the following, once announced but never published 1/72 sets & kits:
6132 - Italian Infantry in Tropical Uniform (WWII)
6152 - Prussian Infantry (Napoleonic Wars)
6153 - Austrian Artillery Train (Napoleonic Wars)
6154 - U.S. Cavalry (US/Indians Wars)
6155 - Apache Warriors (US/Indians Wars)
6156 - Austrian Artillery (Napoleonic Wars)

7514 - Sd.Kfz. 161 Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. F1/F2 (2 FA kits per box)

5702 - MAS 500 Torpedo Boat

:love3:

Time will tell, but I live in hope.

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 25 Oct 2014, 11:36

I agree Erich. It would also be great if the bring back some of their older and much wanted sets like the Nebelwerfer set....
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Posted by mickey mouse on 25 Oct 2014, 11:59

Wheeling Turn wrote:I agree Erich. It would also be great if the bring back some of their older and much wanted sets like the Nebelwerfer set....

... But they did already, wheeling turn :-D
mickey mouse  Netherlands
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 25 Oct 2014, 14:26

Wheeling Turn wrote:It would also be great if the bring back some of their older and much wanted sets like the Nebelwerfer set....

As MM said, Italeri re-released this particular Esci set in January already.
http://shop.italeri.com/Category/179-di ... ageIndex=2

This was also mentioned in the "Spielwarenmesse 2014" thread here at the forum.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15615&p=175020#p175020

Let's hope that more old & new sets will follow! :thumbup:

Best Regards

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by zirrian on 25 Oct 2014, 16:31

The 1/56 - 28mm sets are simply a cooperation with Warlord Games. They make the models, Warlord sells them, as well as Italeri does in their own boxes. Just like the existing Warlord infantry. It's like when Zvezda and Italeri had an agreement to release each others' sets in their own boxes in different areas. That's why you can buy Zvezda Hoplites in Italeri package, and Italeri Gauls in Zvezda package.

What I really would like to see from Italeri is releasing the old hard plastic, multi-part Esci figures. They already put the British paras in their Horsa, so I suspect they are ready for manufacturing. There are so many awesome models in that range I want, it would be a waste not to release them.

And I do hope the guy who did the Prussian infantry, Dragoons, and some other sets took some sculpting lessons, or the moulding of Italeri got better to avoid giants. They are damn near finishing a good and complete WW2 range. If they could release some Commandos for Normandy with less SMGs, more Berets, and poses similar to the ones in British infantry boxes...now that would be rad.

I'm glad they'll release some more 1:72 minis, as they are one of my favourites - my first minis were Italeri, and I still have loads of boxes from them. With all the re-releases, they kept alive the best of Esci, and some others (who I currently cannot name because damn you memory).
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by David O'Brien on 25 Oct 2014, 18:21

Zirrian
I did notice the Warlords game logo on the Italeri web site but I offer just an observation that a proliferation of scales and ranges usually precedes a demise or take over or sell off. The number of brands or product diversity is a bargaining chip in the negotiations when this happens. I have seen it happen many times in the hobby/toys business. I buy my grandsons Thomas the Tank Engine toys as I did my son and these toys have gone through lots of parent companies owning the brand and yet some of the products are the same as they were 25 years ago. These are easily observable and predictable trends.
I have an Esci 1974 catalogue and a 1987 one and looking at the kit ranges it is nice to see the optimism in this period of growth as well as the cohesion. I remember buying a lot of 1/72nd scale Esci decals in a sale in the late 70s which I think were their main 1/72nd scale lines when they first started out.
This gives a good overview of the company and the afv kits:

http://www.onthewaymodels.com/kitlists/ESCI.htm

I bought the Pz35(t) in the 70s and made it a couple of years ago but that seems to be one that has not been re done.

David
David O'Brien  

Posted by Peter on 26 Oct 2014, 14:07

Erich von Manstein wrote:
Moreover, I cherish the greatest hopes that this truly missed manufacturer will return to 1/72nd scale back again. In grand style!
For starters, I would be more than happy if they would release the following, once announced but never published 1/72 sets & kits:
6132 - Italian Infantry in Tropical Uniform (WWII)
6152 - Prussian Infantry (Napoleonic Wars)
6153 - Austrian Artillery Train (Napoleonic Wars)
6154 - U.S. Cavalry (US/Indians Wars) Waterloo1815 7th Cavalry
6155 - Apache Warriors (US/Indians Wars) Waterloo1815 Apache Warriors
6156 - Austrian Artillery (Napoleonic Wars)

7514 - Sd.Kfz. 161 Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. F1/F2 (2 FA kits per box)

5702 - MAS 500 Torpedo Boat

:love3:

Time will tell, but I live in hope.

I'm sure the 7th Cavalry is made by Waterloo1815 as the Apache warriors.
They worked together more as once. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by zirrian on 26 Oct 2014, 14:12

Peter wrote:
I'm sure the 7th Cavalry is made by Waterloo1815 as the Apache warriors.
They worked together more as once. ;-)

If this is the case, then the tropical Italians and Prussians are done too.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Peter on 26 Oct 2014, 14:15

zirrian wrote:
If this is the case, then the tropical Italians and Prussians are done too.

That is what I'm thinking to. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 26 Oct 2014, 15:12

Regarding the 2 US/Indian War sets I fully agree. My thoughts exactly.
Those were released by Waterloo 1815 after Italeri declared their withdrawal from 1/72 figs.
Since then Italeri only released Esci & Waterloo1815 reboxed sets in this scale.

But I have doubts when it comes to these Nap. Prussians & WWII Italians.
Waterloo 1815 Prussians are rather old, so Italeri could've reboxed them easily & anyway at the time they announced theirs.
Italeri developed a lot of new WWII sets during those years, so I think their Italians would've been their own sculpts as well. And Waterloo 1815 doesn't offer an equivalent set. Their North Africa Italians are rather old & far too specific sets (heavy weapons) again.

Why should Italeri postpone reboxed sets? Makes not much sense to me.

How speculating about such things can be part of the hobby-fun! Thrilling in some way! :-D

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 27 Oct 2014, 15:11

Thanks for giving me the hint with the rerelease of the nebelwerfer set.
It would be great if Italeri would bring out their own version of figures and not only reissues. For example ranges like the old west would be better if there are more than one maker (Waterloo1815) who offers figures.
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Posted by Jesse on 31 Oct 2014, 18:44

Italeri now has posted pics of their new winter WWII Germans and other 1/72 news at their website.

I like the non firing poses and the general appearance of the figures; good proportions. Hope they aren't of the bigger size we have come to expect from Italeri recent years. I miss a lying comrade to put next to the MG-gunner. No anti-tank weapons in this set, perhaps a support weapons set in the future?
Jesse  Sweden

Posted by vellek on 31 Oct 2014, 20:14

Nice looking figs, but why only 3 (identical) sprues instead of the usual 4? Is there a plastic shortage? Is the box smaller?
vellek  United States of America
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Xantippos on 09 Dec 2014, 20:22

Yet another German set... and I think a dull one. It seems everybody is wearing 4 jerseys and they cannot move properly. And the man throwing a grenade is a very strange pose, seems he needs both hands to throw a simple grenade.
Xantippos  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by pontiac on 09 Dec 2014, 22:22

Well, I'll hope too.. Maybe some other Napoleonics set for 1815/2015 Waterloo battle. I would like some new french lancers, french line mounted chasseurs, other british cavalry and maybe something else... :-)
Hi everybody!!
pontiac  Italy

Posted by pontiac on 09 Dec 2014, 22:28

Of course, you see my nick, I dream about some Italeri set concerning: Apache on foot, dismounted 7° cavalry, Comanches (mounted),Mountain men, Seminoles, Shawnee, Ottawas, french militia for FIW and so on....
Sorry for my "western nostalgia"...
pontiac  Italy

Posted by MABO on 09 Dec 2014, 23:53

Your ideas are very good, but I think Italeri is addicted to WWII actually more than ever.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Greg77 on 10 Dec 2014, 00:21

well, not my era, and you're right; another wwII german set,

but
for me they looks well sculpted, IF I ever make a diorama, or vignette about the Siege of Budapest this set will be my choise. (fighting on narrow streets)
Xantippos wrote: And the man throwing a grenade is a very strange pose, seems he needs both hands to throw a simple grenade.

and to their defenes, that fellow w/handgranade seems OK.
the Model 24 Stielhandgranate (potato masher) had a cord at the bottom,
Pulling the cord led to the start of the five-second fuse burning, then :boom:
so throwing the granade needs only one hand, but operate it, needs both.

Greg
Greg77  Hungary

Next page

Return to Miniatures News