Miniatures News

new Zvezda Napoleonics?

Posted by Emperor on 24 Oct 2014, 18:31

@Vellek I don't know...I consider to reorient from dioramas to war-game...It is much easier since I like big dioramas...I consider to start war-game...Since here at my place nobody has interest in big dioramas at all...
Doing this one big diorama, has show me the ugly side of diorama making...So I am going to go into wargame...
Emperor  

Posted by MikeRC97 on 11 Nov 2014, 01:31

Pics of the French infantry test sprue are up on the Zvezda facebook page and vk.com Art of Tactic page. Beautiful models, I really wish Zvezda were doing large boxes of French and Russian infantry for Borodino.
MikeRC97  

Posted by Mr Schmitt on 11 Nov 2014, 12:53

Dear Mike, please could you post the pictures here, if possible? I am not on facebook.
Thank you in advance.
Mr Schmitt  Europe

Posted by Thomas Mischak on 11 Nov 2014, 16:21

Hi Mr. Schmitt,

please look here:

https://www.facebook.com/Zvezda.ModelKits

You can see the French Infantry...

Greetings
Thomas
Thomas Mischak  Germany

Posted by Duron QelDroma on 11 Nov 2014, 21:05

Very good figures. Too bad, Zvezda don't produces large sets anymore. But I will also surely buy these frenchman.
Duron QelDroma  Germany

Posted by Mr Schmitt on 14 Nov 2014, 12:59

Thanks a lot Thomas,

It's a pitty that they don't produce "Big Boxes" anymore and I don't like these large bases. But these figures are so precise that its is maybe feasible to make own moulds.
Let's see.
Mr Schmitt  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by davbenbak1 on 14 Nov 2014, 17:47

Yes they are gorgeous but at only 6 to a box it would take a lot of boxes. Wonder what that turns into retail?
davbenbak1  United States of America

Posted by MicroWorld on 04 Dec 2014, 08:46

Russian and French infantry are available. Prices are the same as: German 88mm Flak 36/37, Russian 85mm Anti-Aircraft Gun or British Bofors 40mm Mk.2 AA Gun. For SIX figures!!! :shock:
MicroWorld  Russia

Posted by armpcm on 04 Dec 2014, 14:56

Hi there mates,

It´s nice to see nappies talking about the color of the white horse of Napoleon :joker: and jokes aside just a quick warning to some comments that we think should be clarified.

Most of us agree that private copies to a usage such as conversions is quite common and a good practice because it give the modeller new figures to his projects, regarding the usage of copies to gain money then we all agree saying its a big :nono: since we are disrespecting the intellectual rights of someone else.

So keep in mind this simple warning so all of us can read and interpret rightly the idea. :thumbup:
armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Dec 2014, 19:52

I agree fully,Respect every ones work and copyright on whatever they produce. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Zed1 on 04 Dec 2014, 21:23

Sorry - this is chicken sh**! :eh:
6 figures. 2 aiming/shooting, 2 standing guard, 1 reloading, one... well... holding his musket.
What the heck should that be?

Has anyone counted how many firing & reloading Nappie Frenchmen we already have on the market? There's nothing new about these Zvezda figures. They are standard figures in standard poses, they don't have anything special - they're not even so drop-dead beautiful that they would be a must-have item of any sort. :stressed:

Nobody really needs another set of standard-poses French line infantry.
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Uwe on 05 Dec 2014, 08:07

I must say I am a little bit with Zed. It is nearly the same as with German Landsers, it is just another set of French infantry. Well, I prever French infantry to French Guards of course but more than one set for the collection is not necessary for me.

As for the Russians we have just the old Esci with questionable poses and the Zvezda Grenadiers.

A pity in my eyes is that especially a Russian manufactor should know how a Russian infantryman looked like. But this fairytail of the Kiver shako still remains.

The only manufactor which recognised the right headgear for 1812/13 is Warlord-Games

cheers
uwe
Uwe  Germany

Verified member from Hagen Miniatures (Sponsor) Verified member from Hagen Miniatures (Sponsor)

Posted by vellek on 05 Dec 2014, 18:09

Zed1 wrote:Sorry - this is chicken sh**! :eh:
6 figures. 2 aiming/shooting, 2 standing guard, 1 reloading, one... well... holding his musket.
What the heck should that be?

I take it that you're not impressed by this set? :lol:
vellek  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Dec 2014, 20:36

Yes Folks this is what you get.

I raised deep concern about these small figure pack`s this company was determined to Market well over a year ago on this very Forum. Their target was to corner the Wargaming Market,which requires less figures to play a game,and they have succeeded to a certain degree in WWII modelling stuff,but now they have rammed an extra load so to speak in a French 12 pounder, and have set their sites on their new Napoleonic ranges!
Collecting a full regiment in this sort of Napoleonic nonsense would mean buying 110 boxes instead of a good old 10 or 12 pack deal! This is why I said farewell to trading with Zvezda on new sets.
I suppose I and others like myself have plenty of Napoleonics to paint,because of collecting for many years,however for the new modellers just starting out this sort of thing could mean a Full Stop to collecting in this hobby! BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ochoin on 05 Dec 2014, 21:15

vellek wrote:
I take it that you're not impressed by this set? :lol:

Personally, I think Zed's criticism is mild. Zvesda deserve more.

Have you worked out how many boxes of this you'd need to raise decent wargaming units?

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by vellek on 05 Dec 2014, 22:10

Ochoin wrote:
Personally, I think Zed's criticism is mild. Zvesda deserve more.

Have you worked out how many boxes of this you'd need to raise decent wargaming units?

donald

I haven't bothered to work that out. Wonderful as they may be, unless these come in a box of 45 for under $20 like the Russian Grenadiers, French Imperial Guard, Voltigeurs, Romans, 7YW Prussians et al., I don't intend to buy them.
vellek  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Emperor on 05 Dec 2014, 23:00

We will see what will happen after some time...
Emperor  

Posted by DerkleinePUC on 06 Dec 2014, 12:09

Hello and MoinMoin,
I will buy all of theses boxes. I am not only a diorama builder nor I am wargaming or dressing up like someone fought 200 years ago. I myself like to collect all figures available from 1700 to 1815 in 1:72.
It is a small scale hobby that needs less space at home than for example collecting oldtimer cars. It is better to translate into wife-language. I need a vitrine and a cupboard. Realy, my dear beloved wife, I do not need a large garage, just this small space...
When ready with buying these whole lot of plastic sets you will come to all these small makers of RESIN and METAL sets. Nice, nice,that there are guys - and be sure there are ONLY guys - that bring up money and time to realize something special to an interesting hobby. So I buy them. And through this these makers offer more, and more and more...
My budget is not endless, big but not endless. So I have spent meanwhile 10 thousands of euros in this. And I have maybe 6ß% of all that is available.
The next stage is: getting sets that are not any longer available on the market. No, not that Stegmann sets alone, not the forgotten Fien Scale Factory sets, no there are QWualitycast, NapoleN or Falcata, then the britisg Kennington, and so on. Not, only metal or resin sets, no older HÄT sets or even Strelets sets are rare. Yes, Strelets, this Strelets, that nobody wanted, where sets 2,50 € cost on Ebay.
So the financial aspect plus rare metal plus rare plastic sets make the mystics in this hobby, that maybe willnever end to collect. And there are just a few during my periods of collection. When I think about making it more wide. Romans or the conflicts beyond this....Sleepless nights.

Kind regards

Patrick
DerkleinePUC  Germany

Posted by Duron QelDroma on 06 Dec 2014, 13:25

I will buy one (!) set of these frenchman. First because they are the only french figures available with the right uniform for Waterloo AND also look beautiful and second because I'm a vignette builder, so having 50 figures of which 40 will not be used is a waste. And the three "action"-poses in this set will make a nice vignette of skirmishers fighting in light order (line infantry was sometimes acting as voltigeurs).
Duron QelDroma  Germany

Posted by ADM on 06 Dec 2014, 15:04

I was waiting for these figures (French and Russian infantry), to diversify poses of others manufacturers and complete my Napoleonic armies. I enjoy Zvezda sculpting !
ADM  

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News