This has been done before viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4305&start=0&hilit=why+bother
There are many reasons....all of them legitimate and understandable, maybe not to members like myself who regularily post here, but I am on several other forums were I don´t post at all..I joined and then found out that the content or people on them were
1. stuck up and arrogant
2. spent all thier time endlessly discussing buttons and rivets, which inevitably ended in fights.
3. Competitions that were bent/cheated or for money/prizes which led to bad feeling and fights.
4. Cliquey...virtually just one subject was discussed and mainly by 2-3 people...
5. Abusive or over the top administration controll
6. An in crowd who ignored all newcomers and thier work (and were, in some cases, abusive towards it)
7. The forum/site just got stuck in a rut..never developed new ideas or methods
8. Abuse towards other hobby sites
9. lack of fun...all to serious and arty farty and not prepared to have a laugh at themselves.
All of which IMHO...isn´t the case here
I wouldn´t worry Donald...some people can only say "nice work" or whatever due to language and it´s nice of them to try anyway. Imagine joining a chinese forum and getting stuck in !!
RARO SENEX MUTAT SENTENTIAM31 down - 28 to go Paul's BodsFederation of Bodstonia