Members

A Friends Return

Posted by Beano Boy on 30 Oct 2016, 23:20

Hi Guys,
A fellow member,The Iron Duke ,was kind enough to send me a private e-mail,and boy o boy am I glad he did. It contained news,well fantastic news actually concerning my friend Blucher1815red. Now to many older long term members they will well remember this great guy and the work he produced a few years back.
As a member on the Forum before myself it was Blucher, who actually encouraged little o`ll me to post my first topic even though he had never seen my work or my eccentric ways. I referred to myself while talking to Blucher, As a Norfolk Bumkin,because I saw no real worth in my work that others would wish to view.Later I described myself as the Fiddle Wood Gnome to him and others on the Forum. I was in a sense looking for an identity then on line.So yesterday on You Tube he mentioned for the many that I am known as Beano Boy,but to him I still am that Fiddle Wood Gnome. Call it kindred spirit or what ever,we Blucher and I,became friends years ago while doing figure conversions.

Now for reasons near and dear to him alone he vanished from the Forum and You Tube as well. Although he has often paid us a visit which was nice.
He`s posted two new video`s on You Tube,and that`s a good start in my book,because it takes a certain kind of courage to face the camera after such a long absence and to also start painting again.

I realise that many of you do not visit You Tube, but If you are interested in encouraging a fellow member back upon the roadway into the hobby,just Google Blucher1815red and it will take you to You Tube,and a nice pleasant guy.

In friendly banter I guess some might say he has a lot to answer for,for recommending that I post a little of my stuff here in the first place.
:mrgreen: "You may well want to take that up with him."

As for my identity on line I believe BB,has settled well upon my head. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Zed1 on 31 Oct 2016, 11:46

Thanks for the info. To be honest, I'm very glad to read that - whatever reason he had for leaving the forum as a posting member - Blucher himself is alive and kicking.
Zed1  Germany

Posted by MABO on 01 Nov 2016, 20:24

Well said, Sascha, I hope he will return to Bennos as well. I miss his famous figures.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 03 Nov 2016, 20:27

Here are the links to his new posts. To be honest I didn't had the time to watch them myself, but now it will not be very hard to find the video's back:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yg2tojEWX4

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xJybN9lZ1o
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bramble15 on 04 Nov 2016, 17:09

WOW this post for me is very coincidental. This time last Friday I was sitting at my desk looking to watch a video or two about painting. I typed in "Blucher1815red" and found his newest video. Needless to say I was very happy to watch the entire thing. His departure is obviously not my business, I can only say that I was happy to see him again and I hope all is well!

Rich
Bramble15  United States of America

Return to Members