Members

New Member Here !

Posted by Lamarque on 13 Jul 2014, 14:25

Hello folks,
I thought i should present myself before i post anything else, so here it goes.
About myself : I'm a portuguese 15 year old kid who's extremelly patriotic compared to most people my age. That's probably due to the fact that when i was 10 i was forced to leave my country with my family for economical reasons and i now live in Luxembourg.

About this Hobby : I stubled upon this site a few weeks ago when on a google search about uniforms of my countries troops in the 40s and saw a few pictures of tiny looking figures which sparked an interrest for the hobby. The post i saw was that of another portuguese member - Mário, who i must thank, even if i never met him for introducing me to the hobby through his posts in this site. The next day, after school i went into the closest toys shop in my town which i knew had some model kits in it even though i didn't really know what they were supposed to be and bought the only box of figures they had - Revell's "Deutsches Kommando Spezialkräfte" (a great set of figures by the way) and a hobby knife. That's how it all started. Since than i have been gathering material (paints and a few brushes) and some model kits and figures that i haven't had time to do anything to because of school. However, now that i'm on holliday, the time to paint has come, so, you might expect to hear from me more on the next few days (hopefully). I am currently gathering the models for 2 distinct projects, and beeing the patriot i am, both of them are portuguese troops meant for wargaming (if i ever get an opponent here in Luxemburg ...). At the moment, the one which has priority is to get a full battalion of Portuguese "Caçadores" (light infantry) from arround 1943 and afterwards, i plan on making a pre-1806 Portuguese napoleonic army which may also be used, if i get it right, as far back as 1762. Don't expect much though as i am still a rookie and my painting skills will be nothing compared to most of the figures i've seen painted here.

Hope to be able to contribute to this great community soon ! :-D
Lamarque  Portugal

Posted by Kekso on 13 Jul 2014, 15:11

Welcome to the forum Lamarque. Yes we have few Portuguese members and one is also moderator here (armpcm). Anything you wonder regarding this beautiful hobby please do not hesitate to ask. Enjoy your stay.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Mai Strac on 13 Jul 2014, 16:29

Welcome to the forum Lamarque , hope to see soon your works and don't forget the main rule of our hobby : first of all the fun! :-D :headbang: :wave:
Mai Strac  Italy

Posted by santifernandez on 13 Jul 2014, 17:42

Welcome to the forum.
Ask everything you want to know and if you need help there are people who will help you.
I'm glad to see young people wanting to pursue this hobby.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by Bluefalchion on 13 Jul 2014, 17:58

Lamarque--

I started painting in earnest when I was around your age. I still have some of those crewd early efforts in a box on my shelf. My technique improved incredibly once I ran into the masters on this forum, though. I would encourage you to be patient with yourself and don't be upset if your first efforts don't like like MABO's or Thomas Dürschmidt's. As others said, have fun. You will get nothing but help and encouragement here. We would love to see your projects as they progress.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 13 Jul 2014, 18:28

Do we have masters here on the forum! First time I hear that! :mrgreen: :lol:

Welcome Lamarque, and have fun here! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 13 Jul 2014, 19:36

Welcome to the wolf pack.....
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Posted by Emperor on 13 Jul 2014, 21:36

Welcome...Have much fun...This hobby is fun... XD
Emperor  

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Jul 2014, 23:02

Welcome to the Forum Lamarque.Nice introduction piece. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by armpcm on 14 Jul 2014, 10:44

Kekso wrote:Welcome to the forum Lamarque. Yes we have few Portuguese members and one is also moderator here (armpcm).

Let me check my citizen card :read: you are right my friend it says I´m Portuguese. :mrgreen:

Welcome/Bem vindo Lamarque :winky:

armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Lamarque on 14 Jul 2014, 12:48

Thank you all for your support !
Lamarque  Portugal

Posted by vellek on 14 Jul 2014, 16:38

Mai Strac wrote:Welcome to the forum Lamarque , hope to see soon your works and don't forget the main rule of our hobby : first of all the fun! :-D :headbang: :wave:

100% agreed. Welcome to the party!
vellek  United States of America

Posted by Mário on 14 Jul 2014, 18:37

Welcome to the forum Lamarque. I'm very pleased that my simple and plain work has inspired you.
You will see that the subject of portuguese troops is not as difficult as some might think.
For the 1943 caçadores the uniform is the same as the rest of the infantry, only the badges are different. You should buy the Airfix WW2 italian Infantry, with very litte change you can produce portuguese troops from 1940 to 1963.
Hope you enjoy yourself painting your toy soldiers, wargaming and ineracting in this forum.
Um bom dia e felicidades
Mário
Mário  Portugal

Posted by SamSagace on 14 Jul 2014, 22:53

Welcome on board !
SamSagace  France

Posted by Ochoin on 21 Jul 2014, 12:24

No-one is a "born painter": we all learn & improve with practice.

Having said this, please post your attempts on this forum. You will receive praise & kindly advice. Both are useful.

Benno's forum is noteworthy for the high standard of painting/modelling to be seen here & the members who are generous & encouraging.

Good luck & welcome.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Return to Members