Upcoming Events

Mainz "Modellbau-Expertentag" 25.06.2016

Posted by Tom71 on 10 Jun 2016, 16:06

In October, the Inspiration Modelbau will come again. But now in June (25.06.2016) there will be a smaller event in Mainz. Organizer is the same club.
The Shop from http://www.Linear-A.de will be also there

Tom71  

Posted by Peter on 11 Jun 2016, 07:59

Don't forget to post some pictures (or links to pictures) of the event! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Konrad on 11 Jun 2016, 09:39

Strangely name for a model event.
Everybody can come to FIGZ. :-D :yeah: :-D
Too bad that I am not an expert. :(
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Dad's Army on 11 Jun 2016, 10:12

Konrad wrote:Too bad that I am not an expert. :(

Konrad if you're not an expert, what am I... :eh:

Konrad wrote:Everybody can come to FIGZ. :-D :yeah: :-D

Well you are a smart guy... :mrgreen:
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 11 Jun 2016, 12:39

What a stupid name! Like Konrad I think I am also no expert. So I will not come and spend no money in the shops for the experts. This is a hobby and not an exclusive order of experts. :eh:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Fredericus-Rex on 11 Jun 2016, 13:06

I agree with Mabo, whoever exalts himself will be abased. Who decides who is an expert or not. Let's start now to think in classes?
Fredericus-Rex  Germany

In memoriam

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Paul on 11 Jun 2016, 13:57

Expert..Something that was and a Jet of liquid under pressure.
Ex - spurt ? No-one..not even a titter?
Paul  China

Posted by Tom71 on 11 Jun 2016, 17:22

The Event of the "Modellbau-Expertentag" exists a long time and I don't know why they took these curious name. But to say: "Only for Experts" ist not okay. The "Expertentag" is for everyone open. It is a smal event and I was a few years ago there and than it tooks nealry the same place like the FIGZ.
But on the "Expertentag" are not only Miniatures; you can find everykind of Models, Workshops, Discussions!

Sorry, Google-Translator: "In model- Expertentag modelers can bring and be advised by the participants present their models in which they have any questions etc. like . Often this help useful information that can contribute to success .

Apart from the lectures throughout Workshops are held in the exhibition hall . Experienced modellers show their skills and are for information and useful tips ready like. A redesigned table design allows for better placement and insights into the operation of the model makers and their art ."

It is an event from a german "Model Association"
Tom71  

Posted by Tom71 on 11 Jun 2016, 17:38

And to think, that anyone will make classes / classifications from shops/collectors is a german problem. No one from Mainzer Modellbau-Club is thinking about these things!

For these kind of hobby (miniatures, plasticmodels) it is a hard time and we we should be happy, when there are events, where the hobby is presented .... but to make a discuss over the name and to discuss over "experts" is the wrong way
Tom71  

Posted by Wiking on 11 Jun 2016, 17:43

Thank you Tom71 for the announcement.
The home page i find is low on info.

Fridericus Rex wrote:
Who decides who is an expert or not?

Good question!
The customer. You, me. DIO72 is an expert for me. He build great Dio with a nice Story. The products, house segments fit the best for my modelling style. If I met him sometimes at a Show I can talk with him. For others Fridericus Rex nice building fit the best.
Erik Trauner is an expert for me. He too know how to build grat Dio. And you can get the most of his great figures. Alex is an expert for me. He do also fantastic figures that you can get too.
Stenfalk is with his outstanding animals on the way to get an expert for me.
This Forum is an expert for me.
People who are willing to inform us/ me and show how to do. The friendly tone !!!

And the dark side.
The self anounced expert. Since over ten years I visite (passive) an other modellforum. These experts are very rarely but they exist. Better existet. They know all better.
Copy products. Anounced self made! Sell it with medicore quality. And after a few years they are banned.These experts!

Fridericus Rex wrote:
Let's start now to think in classes?

You are right, that is nonsens.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Tom71 on 11 Jun 2016, 17:54

@ Wiking.... and all the others: You are wrong in your Thinking :-)

Because it is not a event with a meeting from the Experts from all the Collectors :-) ... you can find on these event the "Experts" only from the association "Modellbauverbandes Rhein Main Neckar e.V." and some shops (they have nothing to do with the Experts) ;-)
And if the club write "Expert", they are thinking not in classes..... the word expert should not put to weigh it (dt. nicht so auf die Goldwaage zu legen).
An Expert from the Association/Club is also be someone who is the only one who builds such kind of models in the club.

But is not everyone an expert for himself? :D

https://www.modellbau-expertentag.de/
Tom71  

Posted by Wiking on 11 Jun 2016, 18:11

@ Tom71
Yes, unluck situation.
During I write my text you post at 17.38 hour. I finished my text push submit, and then I see your post.
I find these written info in your post at 17.22 too. :yeah:
Modellbauverband Rhein Main Neckar touch expert positive for - all - modellers. I understand that. :-D

But it change nothing to my statement about experts.
  • likes this post.   •  
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Tom71 on 12 Jun 2016, 08:30

Wiking wrote:But it change nothing to my statement about experts.

This is okay and important :-). It is your opinion and nobody say, that you must change them :-)

But this Thread is not the right place for to make a discussion about "Experts". I think a new Thread only for this Theme "Experts?" is a better place :-)
Tom71  

Return to Upcoming Events