Miniatures Talk

Bum, GerMan fragile goods.

Posted by kaktus on 05 Aug 2008, 10:02

Welcome all. In my collection I have figurine produced by Bum and GerMan ( on example Musketeers of the French King, Jacobite Highlanders and others). They are very expensive in Poland but I decided I must have them all. At last, I decided to paint them.
I would like to ask if you have some way on their stiffener. They be executed from some very soft and fragile material. They scatter in hands. You know what I mean. What to do ?
kaktus  Poland

Posted by holger on 05 Aug 2008, 15:27

I said it already in another post:

The jacobites and the musketeers do look fine but...

the high price, the few number of miniatures and the breakable plastic keep away the customers.

In my opinion the minis are not worth buying them.

The only way to get "healthy" miniatures is the box getting opened by the trader before he sends them to you.
holger  Germany

Posted by kaktus on 07 Aug 2008, 12:05

Hi,
That is clear what you wrote, but I would like to know if there is any way to make them harder ? I bought them, because I have to have them in my collection (no matter of price) but.........
In others material like HaT figures I used to put (Polish Infantry) them to the boiling water and after 5-9 sekonds to the cold water. That made them stiffer and harder.
So, what is possibility to used in Bum ? Some special coating, maybe? Anybody knows?
kaktus  Poland

Posted by Valion on 09 Aug 2008, 00:42

Hey Kaktus !
Well, you might still try undercoating the figures with some sort of hard varnish or even (nail) enamel..
I don't own any of the GerMan figures, but I thank you guys here for giving this warning, as I just thought about buying some of their Musketeers.

So any results on the "operation rescue" so far ? :?
Valion  Germany

Return to Miniatures Talk