Miniatures Talk

What they are? Identyfication needed

Posted by kaktus on 07 Jul 2008, 13:28

Hi,
Last time I received some old(?) plastic figures. They looks like matchbox, but they a little bigger (25mm). They have some inscription from the stand bottom : LESNEY PRODUCTS ENGLAND (and different numbers). I know this means that this is the same what Matchbox products, BUT.....
My question is: What kind of production is this, are there more poses , what they were stored? What is the date of production, or everything about them. Please help me to improve my knowledge.
kaktus  Poland

Posted by Peter on 07 Jul 2008, 14:55

Hey kaktus, as far I can remember these are Matchbox. But these where the figures you get when you bought a diecast military vehicle of them. There were always a small number (2 or 3) of figures included with these vehicles.
The numbers are from the diecast model, as I think.

Greetings Peter
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Martin on 07 Jul 2008, 17:31

Hi Kaktus,

Peter is absolutely right.
I remember playing with these.
Here you'll find all information (these figures are from the P-series):

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Matchbox.html
Martin  Netherlands

Posted by kaktus on 08 Jul 2008, 08:03

Thank you Peter and Martin.
I know PSR very well, but this figures are different. 25 mm (not 21mm like "regular" matchbox sets), I think this is close to 1/72 scale. They have signatures at the stand bottom. I do not think that all poses from "regular sets" exist in this examples I asked about.
They are matchbox absolutely but different kind. Please look at the figures from the top row. There are not at PSR !!!!???????????
Another way: I have a few matchbox military models. There are some figures. They different also. They do not have own stand! They in 1/76 like the models. ;-) Thats why I try to get to know their secret.
kaktus  Poland

Posted by Fenton on 08 Jul 2008, 11:04

Didnt someone do many years ago sets of war figures in game boxes, I remember the adverts for them from the backs of Marvel comics etc,
I wonder if they could be some of these
Fenton  

Posted by kaktus on 15 Jul 2008, 11:10

I've got the information that they were distribuated with "diecast" matchbox metal models, long time ago :-). Now, I'm looking for info (pictures) about different poses (what I don't have in my collection).
kaktus  Poland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by captainzlog on 15 Aug 2008, 22:03

That's right. While most of them are clones of figures produced in their boxed sets, these guys were included with Matchbox die cast vehicles in the 1970's

kaktus wrote:I've got the information that they were distribuated with "diecast" matchbox metal models, long time ago :-). Now, I'm looking for info (pictures) about different poses (what I don't have in my collection).
captainzlog  

Posted by kaktus on 19 Aug 2008, 08:19

Can someone help me in finding different figurines? Some lie in your drawers maybe? Skans can be.
kaktus  Poland

Posted by Bunkermeister on 11 Feb 2009, 06:15

http://www.matchboxclub.com/acatalog/uu.html

These guys would know which die cast vehicles had those figures. They are slightly larger versions of many of their 1/76th scale figures. Not all of these were made in 1/76th scale.

Mike "Bunkermeister" Creek
bunkermeister.blogspot.com
Bunkermeister  United States of America

Return to Miniatures Talk