Miniatures Talk

Revell 1/72 Thirty Years War sets

Posted by Minuteman on 03 Aug 2020, 11:57

I have recently purchased a couple of the excellent Revell Thirty years War Swedish cavalry set, re-released by Waterloo1815 and presumably manufactured under a license agreement with Revell.

Despite the original release of this set now being far in the past, the quality of the figures remains very fine in every respect.

I believe that the Imperial Artillery set may have been re-released at some point in the past, but I believe that the two infantry sets - Imperial and Swedish - have not. As such, the infantry sets in particular are rare and difficult to find, commanding silly prices on e-bay.

Does anyone have information about whether the moulds for the infantry and artillery sets remain with Revell (I assume so)? And whether there is any prospect of these sets being re-released some time?
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 03 Aug 2020, 21:02

Minuteman wrote:And whether there is any prospect of these sets being re-released some time?

The sobering answer to this might be no.

Although Revell are continuously developing and expanding the 1/72 aviation, vehicle & navy sections, they seriously neglect their once so glorious figure range.
This is not only evidenced by the virtual absence of new releases, but also the sparse supply of reissues.

The most promising way to see these extremely successful figures available again, is to get directly involved with Revell.
Either by e-mail or via social media.
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by Minuteman on 03 Aug 2020, 21:29

Thank you Herr von Manstein. I share your view that Revell seem to have been concentrating on other ranges - but not 1/72 figures - in recent years.

I have sent a message to Revell and will report back if this is positive, although I suspect (unfortunately) that they will indicate that they have no intention to re-make these fine sets in the foreseeable future.

Posted by Rich W on 03 Aug 2020, 23:48

I really wish Revell would re-release their 1/72 range. They are my favourite manufacturer and they have produced some of the best sets around. If they re-released sets I'm sure they'd sell out immediately, especially if it were their 30 yw, Napoleonic, AWI ranges.

Minuteman, I might be able to help you out with a set of their Imperial infantry, artillery and Swedish Infantry. Send me a message if you want to negotiate a price?
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 04 Aug 2020, 01:24

Rich W wrote:I really wish Revell would re-release their 1/72 range. They are my favourite manufacturer and they have produced some of the best sets around. If they re-released sets I'm sure they'd sell out immediately, especially if it were their 30 yw, Napoleonic, AWI ranges.

Minuteman, I might be able to help you out with a set of their Imperial infantry, artillery and Swedish Infantry. Send me a message if you want to negotiate a price?

In addition to being one of this forum's most improved painters of recent vintage, it seems that our dear Rich W. is also Johnny-on-the-spot with some hard to find sets as well!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Minuteman on 13 Aug 2020, 23:14

In my quest for Revell TYW infantry I have also today exchanged e-mails with Waterloo 1815, asking whether they have considered or are considering producing the two infantry sets and the artillery set to go with the Swedish Cavalry set that they already produce for Revell under licence. I have had a very prompt reply indicating that, while the question has been asked of Revell, money is the issue. It sounds as if the sum that Revell would be seeking is substantial and would then make the production (by Waterloo 1815) somewhat challenging from a commercial viewpoint.

Thank you to Rich W for providing some sets recently, I am now 'fishing' for one or two further Swedish infantry sets.....

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Aug 2020, 00:13

i obtained my entire Revell collection many yeas ago.
Sometimes stacks of Revell sprues are bid for on E Bay.

MARS did copy some. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ochoin on 14 Aug 2020, 05:08

Good luck with your quest, Minuteman.

I was lucky to get a huge pile of loose figures of the 4 sets, including more than one box of each of the infantry, a complete cavalry box & part of the artillery (no limber!).

I did start to create a TYW Swedish army but soon after, moved to the ECW so nearly all the figures were changed to become a Parliamentarian force (with ACTA & some metals).

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Flambeau on 22 Oct 2020, 16:37

Hello Minuteman,

I still have six boxes of Revell Swedish and Imperial infantry (off the sprue) in good condition and mostly complete + a set of Revell Imperial artillery and one box of Zvezda imperial infantry. If you're interested I suppose we could agree a on a fair price. Since we're all gentlemen here (I hope), I could send you the items and you could pay them after receiving them. Send me a notice if you want more details. (Sold all my 30yw cavalry and some Mars boxes two years ago, sorry).

Flambeau
Flambeau  Germany

Posted by Tegola on 02 Feb 2021, 14:46

Hello Flambeau
I'm just picking up the reins on the Revell 30YW discussion. Coming back to the period after a long time away and would love to add to my small Revell 30YW collection which I adapt for the English Civil War. I imagine your offer of 22 October has been snapped up. Could you please confirm?
Regards
Tegola
Tegola  United Kingdom

Posted by Fire at Will on 02 Feb 2021, 20:50

Tegola wrote:Hello Flambeau
I'm just picking up the reins on the Revell 30YW discussion. Coming back to the period after a long time away and would love to add to my small Revell 30YW collection which I adapt for the English Civil War. I imagine your offer of 22 October has been snapped up. Could you please confirm?
Regards
Tegola

If Flambeau can't oblige, then perhaps I may be able to help with some of my left overs.
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by Flambeau on 05 Feb 2021, 20:20

Hello Tegola,

Sorry for not answering sooner, didn't notice your post until now. I still have the boxes I offered to Minuteman. If you're interested send me an email and we can talk about the details.

Regards Flambeau.
Flambeau  Germany

Return to Miniatures Talk